The year is almost over, can you believe it!? As the year comes to a close, it’s a great time to round-up all of my favorite blog posts on Making Sense of Cents from the past year in one easy spot so that you can check them all out.
I have divided all of my blog posts into the following categories:
- My most favorite
- Money saving tips
- Debt tips
- Money management tips
- Make money blogging
- Make extra money
- Income reports
- Life, motivation, and inspiration
Also, I have a private community group for readers of Making Sense of Cents. If you want to improve your life and your financial situation, join here and let’s all help one another out!
My private group has already reached over 13,000 members and continues to grow. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Enjoy these personal finance tips!
My most favorite
Okay, so in case you just want to see my absolute favorite Making Sense of Cents articles from 2018, I have included those ones first:
- Welcome To Paradise – We’re Living On A Sailboat!
- I Thought I Was Too Good For Community College
- The Best Money Advice I’ve Ever Received
- Finding Freedom And Happiness In A Materialistic World
- How A Minimalist Lifestyle Can Bring You Happiness
- When was the last time you did something that scared you?
- How This 34 Year Old Owns 7 Rental Homes
- Getting A Loan To Buy A Pet Is Ridiculous
- You Wouldn’t Work For Free, Right? So, Why Do You?
- How This Couple Retired at 38 and 41
- How This Couple Retired In Their 30s and Now Travel Around The World: An Interview With Go Curry Cracker
- What Traveling Full-Time For 3 Years Has Taught Me
- Would You Consider Living In A Camper To Pay Off Debt Quicker?
- What We’re Doing Now That We No Longer Have a Car
Money saving personal finance tips
- 11 Things To Ask For A Regret Free Spending Decision
- Ditch Your Car And Walk More
- Want To Live Your Best Life? It Starts With Saving
- Real Life Frugality- 20+ Ways Our Family Of 5 Is Frugal
- Cut The Cord And Save Over $1,000 Every Year
- Black Friday Doesn’t Have To Be The Start Of Holiday Debt
- One Easy Way To Save $720 On Your Car and Home Insurance
- 10 Easy Instapot Recipes – My New Favorite Gadget!
- 7 Health Care Sharing Ministries: Why One of Them Might Be Right for You
- 8 Steps I Took To Save $200,000 By Age 27
- Can A No Spend Month Actually Help You?
- 10 Delicious Summer Lunch Ideas
- Stop Being Lazy – Why Overpay When You Can Save Money On Insurance?
- Change Your Life By Becoming A Frugal Freak – 11 Ways To Be More Frugal
- 10 Meatless Monday Recipes You Should Try
- How To Save Money On Your Phone Bill: Stop Paying Over $1,000 A Year On Your Phone
- The Ultimate List of Over 50 Money Saving Tips
Related personal finance tip: Sign up for a website like Ebates where you can earn free CASH BACK for just spending how you normally would online. All you do is click on a store that you want to shop at (they have TONS of stores, such as Kohls, REI, Toys R Us, etc.), and just shop how you normally would. Ebates makes a commission for referring you to the store you just shopped at, and they give you some of that money back as a thank you. Plus, when you sign up through my link, you receive a free $10 cash back! My Ebates review: Money Saving Tip – Use Ebates For Free Cash Back.
Pay off debt tips
- Pay Off Debt And Break Free Of The Debt Cycle – You Can Do It!
- To Pay Off Debt Or Invest- Which One Is Best For You?
- 37 Crazy and Creative Strategies To Pay Off Debt From Real People
- Punching $25,000 of debt in the face in 7 months
- 12 Strategies I Used To Avoid Getting Buried in Student Loan Debt
- How We Paid Off $100,000 in Debt in 40 Months: Marriage and the Military
- How I Paid Off Over $42,000 in Student Loans in 34 Months (Earning $36,000 Per Year)
- How I Repaid $65,000 In Student Loans and Invested at the Same Time
Related personal finance tip: With Credit Sesame you can get your credit score for free, with no catch. It doesn’t hurt to check, so you have no reason not to know your credit score. Your credit score can affect whether or not you are approved for a loan, whether you are hired at certain jobs, your interest rate, and more. It’s relatively easy to raise your credit score, so you should start doing so today! Read How Your Credit Score Affects Your Life + Credit Sesame Review.
Money management tips
- Is too much house making you house poor?
- Wondering Why You Need Life Insurance? Here Are 4 Reasons Why
- 10 Statistics About The Money Habits Of The Average American
- Your Financial Freedom Checklist
- I Wish People Would Stop Spreading This Awful Financial Advice
- How Is Early Retirement Even Possible?
- Parents Paying For College – Is This A Good Idea?
- You CAN Reach Retirement! Avoid These Top 5 Retirement Mistakes
- Answers to 7 Common Questions About Family Emergency Binders
- Check in on your finances with regular money talks
- Are Travel Rewards Credit Cards a Scam?
- How To Start Investing With Little Money
- Smaller Can Be Better- Maximize Your Savings With A Small House
- 6 Things That People Finance That Leave Me Speechless
- Is A Credit Card Emergency Fund A Smart Idea?
- Would you risk your relationship and finances to cosign for a friend?
- 7 Ways My Relationship With Money Has Changed
- High Financial Costs of Not Understanding Your Personality
- From Rags To Riches- How Tina Immigrated To America With Nothing and Now Has a Net Worth of $2,000,000
Related personal finance tip: Personal Capital is a great resource that I highly recommend. You can track your net worth, your cash flow, your portfolio, your investments, and more. Read Personal Capital Review 2018- Manage Your Money For Free.
Making money blogging
- Is Making Money From A Blog Actually Possible? Your Top 21 Questions Answered
- Your Top 14 Tax Questions For Bloggers and Digital Nomads Answered
- My 7 Year Blogiversary: What I’ve Learned And Love About Blogging
- The exact template that helped my site earn $95,000 in affiliate income last year
- How This 25 Year Old Earns $15,000 A Month From Her Blog
- How we went from $0-$10,000/month blogging in less than a year
- 8 Reasons I Love Using FreshBooks To Run My Blogging Business
- How a New Blog Grew Traffic 10,000% in 6 Months, A Must-Read For New Bloggers
How To Start A Blog FREE Course: With this free email course, I show you exactly how to create a blog, from the technical side (it’s easy – trust me!) all the way to earning your first income and attracting followers. Each day, for seven days, you will receive an email in your inbox that will help you create a successful and profitable blog, all from the very beginning. You can sign up here.
Make extra money
- How Alyssa is making $200 a DAY in book sales passively
- How to Make Money Self-Publishing Short Romance Novels on Amazon
- How We Made Over $100k Teaching Overseas
- How Kayla Earns $10K/Month From Home as a Virtual Assistant
- How I Started Earning $3,600 a Month As A Pinterest Assistant After Just 6 Months
- 6 Actions To Take To Find Your First Customers When No One Knows You
- How To Make $1,000 Extra In Your Spare Time With Facebook
- 70+ Ways To Make Money On The Side in 2018
- Need Some Quick Cash? 10 Ways How To Make Money Fast
- Want To Be A Rideshare Driver? Tips From The Rideshare Guy
- 11 Real Ways To Make Money Before The Holidays
- How To Side Hustle- Answers To The Most Common Side Hustle Questions
- How I Made $1,536,732 In 2017 – My December Online Income Report and Annual Wrap Up
- How I Made $114,812 In January 2018 Blogging
- How I Made $179,139 In February 2018 Blogging (Best Month Ever)
- How I Made $241,649 In March 2018 Blogging
- How I Made $104,065 In April 2018 Blogging
- How I Made $136,807 In May 2018 Blogging + Tips For The Summer Blogging Slump
- How I Made $100,324 In June 2018 Blogging
- How I Made $113,235 In July 2018 Blogging
- How I Made $110,284 In August 2018 Working From Home
- How I Made $104,814 In September 2018 Working From Home
- How I Made $145,319 in October 2018 While Traveling
- How I Made $159,592 Blogging in November 2018
Life, motivation, and inspiration
- How To Simplify Your Life In 2019
- Setting 2019 Goals- Let’s make this year the best!
- Reclaim Your Day With These 12 Time Saving Tips
- 4 Mindsets That Will Rob You Of Your Dream Life
- 29 Money And Life Lessons I’ve Learned
- One Year Later: My Extraordinary Interview Series Roundup
- How Elizabeth Reached Financial Independence by 32 And Moved To A Homestead
- Don’t Compare Your Beginning to Someone Else’s Middle
- Our Financial Detour: How Budgeting Freed us to Follow our Dreams
- Stop Feeling Bad For Yourself: Quit Making Excuses For Why Life Isn’t Better
- From Well-Paying Day Job To Risky Full-Time Side Hustle – Why I Made The Switch
- The Digital Nomad Lifestyle – A Day In The Life
- From Backpacker Working For $3 An Hour To Sailor With An Online Business
- 10 Easy Homemade Snacks To Bring On Your Next Hike
- Why I Love Living In A Vehicle
- Here’s How To Save Thousands For Your Next Vacation
- How We Became Professional House Sitters In Europe & Saved Over $5,000
- My Year In Travels – Where I Went in 2017 – Hiking, Biking, RVing, Sailing, and More
- We Spent $43,486 To RV For One Year – How to Spend Way Too Much Full-Time RVing
- How We Visited 8 New Countries in 2 Years – While Also Paying Off 58k in Student Debt
Related tip: My preferred way to travel is to stay in short-term rental vacation homes such as Airbnb (this will give you a $40 Airbnb coupon code for your next stay). Airbnb vacation home rates are usually comparable or cheaper than a hotel, plus you usually have more room and there is often a kitchen as well. Also, if you have a lot of people going on vacation with you, you can split a house for much less than it would be for everyone to get a hotel room. Read my Airbnb review The Many Positives Of Using Airbnb Plus a Coupon Code For Your Next Vacation!
One last thing. My sister runs a great blog called FITnancials. Here are some of my favorite blog posts of hers:
- 22 Best Transformational Books To Rock Your 2019
- 10 Actionable Tips For Saving Money And The Environment
- How To Get Your Boss To Let You Work From Home
- I Almost Sold My Blog For $15,000 And Now I Make That In 1 Month
- How We Made A 6-Figure Profit In 3 Years By Renting Our House
- How I’m Graduating With Only $14,958 In Student Loans
What is the best personal finance tip you learned in 2018?