Summer is right around the corner, which means it’s time for warmer weather, more outdoor activities, farmers markets, picnics, and more! When it’s cold outside, things like stews, soups, and other hearty meals sound good. But, in the summertime, it’s all about those fresh and easy to prepare meals for your summer lunch or dinner.
With fresh fruits and vegetables in season, the summer is a great time to take advantage of fresh produce. Who doesn’t love going to a farmer’s market and coming home with delicious fruits and vegetables to add to their meal plan?
Many of these recipes would be good for more than just summer lunches as they would make great light dinners too. Some of these recipes would be perfect dishes to bring to potlucks, easy things to prepare for picnics, or great things to prepare as a quick summer lunch before or after a hike.
Also, having a meal plan is an important step in keeping you on track with your budget. These summer lunch recipes won’t break your budget, and they can spruce up a boring weekly meal plan if you feel like you’re in a funk.
If you’re ready for summer like me, here are some tasty summer lunch ideas to get you in the mood for warmer weather by having new recipes to add to your weekly meal plan.
Other recipe roundups to check out for summer recipes:
- Meatless Monday Recipes You Should Try
- Budget Lunch Ideas and Cheap Easy Meals You Should Try
- Budget Recipes and Cheap Easy Meals You Should Try
Note: If you’re looking for easy weekly meal plans that are full of budget recipes, I recommend $5 Meal Plan. $5 Meal Plan is a meal planning service that sends you a delicious meal plan and shopping list every week for just $5 a month.
Here are 10 summer lunch ideas.
1. Apple Pecan Rosemary Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
2. Grilled Summer Vegetable Quesadilla
3. Pesto Pasta Salad
4. Tortellini with Pesto and Roasted Veggies
5. Balsamic Berry Vegan Grilled Cheese
6. Easy and Healthy Chicken Salad Sandwich
7. Avocado Egg Salad Roll Ups
8. Green Chicken Salad
9. One Pot Cheesy Taco
10. Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches
What’s your favorite summer lunch meal to make?