Hiking is definitely one of my favorite activities.
I love exploring new areas, going on exciting adventures, and seeing beautiful views, all while getting in a fun and enjoyable workout.
For a good hike, though, you also need hiking snacks. Whether I’m hiking, biking, or something else, I always bring a snack. Lately, I’ve been making more homemade hiking snacks. Homemade ones are great for a lot of reasons, and one of them is that homemade hiking snacks usually taste better and are healthier than what you may find at the store.
Plus, making them at home means you will probably even save a good amount of money. Hiking snacks at the grocery store are not cheap!
The hiking snack recipes mentioned in today’s article can be great snacks for other times too – not just hiking!
Other recipe roundups to check out:
- 10 Meatless Monday Recipes You Should Try
- 10 Budget Lunch Ideas and Cheap Easy Meals You Should Try
- 10 Budget Recipes and Cheap Easy Meals You Should Try
- 14 Best Camping Breakfast Recipes For Your Next Trip
Note: If you’re looking for easy weekly meal plans that are full of budget recipes, I recommend $5 Meal Plan. $5 Meal Plan is a meal planning service that sends you a delicious meal plan and shopping list every week for just $5 a month.
Here are 10 easy hiking snacks and backpacking foods to make:
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Bars
2. Homemade Crunch Bars
3. Dark Chocolate Fruit Bites
4. Trail Mix Energy Cookies
5. No Bake Trail Mix Bites
6. Healthy Homemade Peanut Butter Fudge
7. Chewy Fruit Nut Granola Bars
8. Fruit Leathers
9. Peanut Butter And Jelly Bars
10. Vegan Jerky
What are your favorite hiking snacks and backpacking foods?