Would you like to learn how to earn extra money in 2023?
Learning how to earn extra income on the side of my day job helped me pay off $38,000 in student loans in 7 months. It’s how I eventually turned my side hustle (blogging) into a full-time job, and it’s how I now travel full-time pursuing my passions.
It’s safe to say that learning how to earn extra money has completely changed my life for the better.
I talk a lot about finding new ways to make extra money on the side because it’s something that I truly believe in.
And, with so many ways to make more money, there is something for everyone.
So, whether you want to pay off your debt, stop living paycheck to paycheck, start investing more, save for emergencies, etc., there are dozens of ways that you can make your goals happen even faster.
Learning how to make extra money can completely change your life now and well into the future. Starting to make more money now can help you:
- Save up for a big purchase, like going on vacation
- Pay off your student loan debt, credit card debt, etc.
- Save for retirement and even retire early
- Quit a job you don’t love
- Diversify your income so you’re not reliant on one source
- Save for emergencies
- And more!
Because blogging is one of the main ways I was able to make extra money, I love using my blog to share these ideas with you. I also love hearing from so many different people about how they have been able to reach their financial goals that much sooner because they have learned how to make and save more money.
What some people don’t realize about making extra money is that it doesn’t have to take all of your time. You can dedicate as much or as little time to it as you want. I started this blog on the side of my full-time job. It did take a lot of work, but I did it when I was available.
Besides starting a successful side hustle, there are some great small ways to earn extra money. The point is, there are so many ways to start making more money that there is no reason not to start now.
Related posts on how to earn extra money:
- How To Start and Launch A Successful Money Making Blog FREE Course
- 12 Work From Home Jobs That Can Earn You $1,000+ Each Month
- 43 Extreme Things People Have Done To Make Money
Here are 80+ ways to earn extra money in 2023:
Learn how to earn extra money online.
Some people may be skeptical when they hear about making money online, but there are many legitimate online jobs and business ideas where you can earn a full-time living, or at least a side income.
Yes, real work from home jobs do exist, and more and more people earn money online these days than ever before.
In fact, did you know that around 4,000,000 Americans now work online? These aren’t just remote jobs either, as many are freelancing online, running their own businesses, and more.
I love that I learned how to earn extra money online. It allowed me to pay off my student loan debt, quit my day job, work from home, travel full-time on a sailboat, and more.
So, if you are interested in learning how to earn extra money online, start here.
- Start a successful blog – This is the first thing I recommend to anyone interested in learning how to make money online. Blogging is how I earn a living, and just a few years ago, I never thought it would be possible. In fact, before I started my blog, I didn’t even know that blogs existed! I currently earn around $100,000 a month with my blog. You can create your own blog here with my easy-to-use tutorial. You can start your blog for as little as $2.95 per month, plus you get a free domain if you sign up through my tutorial. I even have a Free How To Start and Launch A Money-Making Blog Course that you can join, and it will help you start and launch a successful blog! Once you start a blog, you can learn how to monetize it with affiliate income and sponsored posts.
- Teach English online – Did you know that you may be able to make money from home by teaching English online to children? VIPKID is a company that allows you to work from home, create your own schedule, and earn $18-21 per hour (many teachers are earning over $1,000 per month) all while teaching English online. You don’t need a teaching degree, but you do need to have a four year degree in something. This is a great option for anyone who has a passion for teaching and looking for ways to earn extra money online. There are several companies out there, but I recommend VIPKID and Education First.
- Answer questions online – Course Hero is a website that helps high school and college students with course-specific questions. Please read How To Make $300+ Weekly Answering Questions With Course Hero to learn more.
- Get paid to answer surveys – Answering surveys online won’t make you rich, but it is one of the ways to earn extra money online that you can put towards your debt payoff or savings goals. Survey companies I recommend include American Consumer Opinion, Swagbucks, Survey Junkie, ProOpinion, Pinecone Research, and Harris Poll Online. These survey companies are free to join and free to use! You get paid to answer surveys and to test products. To receive the most survey opportunities, it’s best to sign up for as many survey sites as you can.
- Build a course and teach others what you know – Before you think that you have nothing to teach, I want to tell you that you most likely do! Online courses are extremely popular right now, and you don’t need to have a blog in order to be successful with an online course. I use Teachable for my online course platform, and I highly recommend it. Here’s How I’ve Made Over $1,000,000 From My First Course Without a Big Launch.
- Write an ebook – Writing your own eBook is a great way to earn extra money online, and there is probably something super helpful that you could write about (even if you think otherwise!). In fact, my friend Alyssa self-published her first book and has sold more than 13,000 copies. She is now earning a great passive income of over $200 a day from her book ($6,500 in one month alone!). Learn more at How Alyssa is making $200 a DAY in book sales passively.
- Run Facebook advertising for local businesses – Bobby Hoyt, a former band teacher who now runs the successful website Millennial Money Man, started running Facebook ads for local businesses to help him pay off $40,000 in student loan debt in only 18 months. In our interview you can learn about how Bobby got started, why businesses want to run Facebook ads, and how easy it is to get started. Also, Bobby has a free training on this too. His free course (you can sign up here) will teach you how to start this business even if you’re brand new, how to find paying clients, and more. Read the full interview at How To Make $1,000 Extra In Your Spare Time With Facebook.
- Edit content for others – Websites, books, courses, and more all need editors to help them improve the quality of their content. No matter how many times a person reads a piece of content, something will usually slip through. If you’re a grammar-nut, then this can be one of the best ways to make money from home.
- Manage social media accounts for businesses – Being a social media manager can be a fun job for the right person. If you have social media skills and don’t mind spending more time on social media sites, then it might be something to look into. Learn more about How I Started a Pinterest Consulting Side Hustle and why it’s more than just sharing random content online.
- Use Swagbucks for your online searches – Swagbucks allows me to earn Amazon gift cards with very little work. Swagbucks is just like using Google to do your online searches, except you get rewarded with points called SB for the things you do through their website. Then, when you have enough points called SB, you can redeem them for cash, gift cards, and more. You’ll receive a free $5 bonus just for signing up through my link!
- Proofread for a living – In just one year, Caitlin made slightly over $43,000 as a freelance proofreader, while also going on several fun vacations. If you are looking for a new job, or just new ways to earn extra money on the side, this may be something to look into. Learn more at Make Money Proofreading By Becoming A Freelance Proofreader.
- Help job seekers improve their resume – A few years ago, I interviewed a reader who ran a resume business. She showed me how others can earn money by helping people create the kind of resumes they need to land their next job. Because having a good resume is an important part of getting the job you want, this is an in demand option. If you are constantly reviewing resumes for your friends because you’re so good at creating them, then you may want to turn your skills into a paying job!
- Post on social media – If you have social media accounts, even just a personal Facebook account, it’s possible to earn extra money by posting small ads on your account. One popular company that I recommend is Izea.
- Become a freelance writer – A freelance writer is someone who writes for a number of different clients, such as websites, blogs, magazines, and more. These writers don’t work for one specific company, rather they work for themselves and contract out their writing. Learn more at How To Start A Successful Freelance Writing Career. When I was at FinCon last year, I heard from a number of bloggers and online business owners who need freelance writers to help them develop new content.
- Moderate forums – Some online forums will pay you to moderate their message boards. If there is a forum you visit often, you might want to see if they are hiring.
- Become a transcriptionist – Do you know what a transcriptionist does? You can learn what it is and how it’s possible to earn extra money on the side as a transcriptionist at Make Money At Home By Becoming A Transcriptionist.
- Become a virtual assistant – Virtual assistant tasks may include social media management, formatting and editing blog posts, scheduling appointments or travel, email management, and more. Basically, you get paid to do any task that needs to be done for someone’s business but doesn’t need to be done by them. You can read more about how Kayla is earning $10K per month working from home as a virtual assistant. My sister, Alexis of Fitnancials, has been my virtual assistant for a couple of years now, and it has helped her quit her job to become a full-time blogger. Plus, she is invaluable to me!
- Become a bookkeeper – Ben, founder of Bookkeeper Business Academy, explains how becoming a bookkeeper may be a possibility for you. Ben helps people start and grow their own online bookkeeping business with his online bookkeeping course. And, guess what? You don’t have to be an accountant or have any previous experience! You can read more about how becoming a bookkeeper at Make Money At Home By Becoming A Bookkeeper.
- Create an online store – Did you know that you can create your own online store to earn extra money? Jenn, a reader of mine, started her online business a little over four years ago and since then she has developed and grown three successful online ecommerce stores earning an average of $19,000 per month. Learn more at How Jenn Makes Over $10,000 A Month With Her Online Store In Less Than 10 Hours Per Week.
- Become a Google Rater – This is when you help Google improve the quality of their search engine results. You can learn more about this at Help Google Better The Internet And Make $1,000+ A Month From Home.
Create a side business (or a full-time one!).
Creating a side business is one of the best ways to earn extra money, and it may even lead to a full-time career. While many people start these businesses on the side of their regular job, most of the people whose interviews I share in this list have been able to turn their side jobs into full-time businesses.
- Pick up garbage – This might not be the most glamorous way to make more money, but did you know that you can get paid $30- $50 an hour to pick up trash? Read Get Paid $30 – $50 Per Hour To Pick Up Trash to learn more.
- Sell on Amazon – If you want to learn one of the many real ways to make money from home, then you may want to start an Amazon FBA business! Jessica Larrew, of The Selling Family, explains how selling on Amazon may be a possibility for you. She is a friend of mine, and I am blown away by her success! In the first year that Jessica’s family ran their Amazon FBA business together, working less than 20 hours a week total, they made over six figures profit! If you are looking for a new job, or even just a side hustle, this may be something that you want to look into. Learn more at How To Work From Home Selling On Amazon FBA.
- Maintain and clean yards – You can make money by mowing lawns, killing/removing weeds, cleaning gutters, raking leaves, and so on. Because every season offers the opportunity for some type of yard maintenance, this can turn into a year round job.
- House sit for others – House sitting is becoming more and more popular these days, and there are many websites out there for house sitting. You may be paid to watch someone’s house, take in the mail, watering plants, and so on. House sitting doesn’t just have to be in your own town either. It can be something you do while taking amazing vacations. You can read more about it at How We Became Professional House Sitters In Europe & Saved Over $5,000.
- Rent out your RV – Many RVs sit unused in storage lots, driveways, and backyards, so why not try to make a little extra money while you’re not using your RV? Learn more at How To Make Extra Money By Renting Out Your RV.
- Share your car. Did you know that you can share your car with travelers on a daily, weekly, or even on a long-term basis and make extra money? I’m talking about listing your car and making money on Turo, which is like Airbnb for cars. It takes as little as 10 minutes to list your car, and you can earn up to 90% of the trip price.
- Walk dogs and/or pet sit for extra money – If you love animals, then this is one of the best ways to make money on the side! Walking dogs and pet sitting can be a lot of fun because who doesn’t love animals!? With this side hustle, you may be going over to your client’s home to check in a few times a day, you may be staying at their house, or the animals may be staying with you. Rover is a great company to sign up for if you’re interested in becoming a dog walker and pet sitter. Learn more about this at Rover – A Great Way To Make Money And Play With Animals.
- Groom pets – This is yet another animal related side business, and it could be a good one for you. With a mobile pet grooming business you will go directly to the pets rather than needing to find and set up a permanent business location.
- Become a local tour guide – Do you love showing off your city to friends and out-of-town guests? If so, you can earn extra money as a tour guide in your city. You can create any kind of tour you like – touring restaurants or bars, historical tours, bike tours, and more. Tours By Locals is a great site to connect with if you’re interested in learning more.
- Become a landlord – Whether you rent out a room in your home or start buying up properties to invest in and then rent out, this could be one of the more lucrative ways to earn extra money on the side. Learn more in How This 29 Year Old Is Building A Real Estate Empire. For even more information about becoming a landlord, check out my interview with Paula Pant of Afford Anything: How This 34 Year Old Owns 7 Rental Homes.
- Shovel snow – We no longer need to have our snow shoveled, but it was definitely something we didn’t enjoy doing while we were living in St. Louis. If you get snow where you live, then you may be able to knock on your neighbors’ doors to see if they would like their driveways and sidewalks shoveled. If you want to go a little further, you could even invest in a plow and market your services.
- Become a Tasker – TaskRabbit is an online platform where people list odd jobs that they need done, like assembling furniture or cleaning. You can find one-off jobs in your area using TaskRabbit to earn extra money.
- Babysit and/or nanny children – When I was just 14, I was making $10 an hour babysitting for a neighbor. I babysat 40 hours a week and it was a great way to make extra money! If you have any special skills or can provide extra work, such as cleaning up around the house, teaching the child how to speak another language, picking up the child after activities, and so on, you will most likely be able to charge more than $10 an hour.
- Become an Uber or Lyft driver – Spending your spare time driving others around can be a great money maker. Read more about this in my post How To Become An Uber Or Lyft Driver. I also did a great interview this year with Harry of Rideshare Guy, and he shares his tips for becoming a successful rideshare driver in the interview Want To Be A Rideshare Driver? Tips From The Rideshare Guy.
- Help people fix things around their home – If you are a handy person, this could be a great option for you. Word of mouth is big when it comes to finding clients, but you can also post your services on Craigslist, post flyers to bulletin boards around your town, and more.
- Clean homes – Cleaning is something that many people dread. If you are good at cleaning and enjoy it, then you may be able to find clients who want you to come to their home to clean. This can pay around $20 an hour or more in some areas. Because cleaning for others is such a personal job, you will often find loyal customers who want you to come back over and over again.
- Help people move – Moving is another task that many people dislike. Movers can earn a broad range when it comes to hourly pay, but it’s usually somewhere around $25-$50 an hour if you run your own business.
- Give outdoor or adventure tours – If you love hiking, biking, climbing, etc. and want to earn extra money, you can get paid to take people on tours. Airbnb Experiences is a great place to list your services.
- Become a photographer – Do you love photography? Then this is a great way to earn extra money while doing something you love to do. Learn more at How To Make $25,000 – $45,000 A Year As A New Photographer.
Find a part-time job.
If you’re looking for something a little more permanent than a side hustle, a part-time job might be one of the best ways to earn extra money on the side. And, you might be surprised by how many part-time jobs will work with your full-time job’s schedule. You can find a job on sites such as Snagajob, Craigslist (yes, I’ve found a legitimate job through there before), Monster, and so on.
- Deliver items through Postmate – Postmates is a service that lets people use their phones to order food, drinks, and groceries. Delivering those items is where you come in! Because the holidays are a busy time, many people are looking to make their life easier with delivery services like Postmates. And, you can deliver for Postmates with your car, scooter, motorcycle, or bicycle. How much can you make with Postmates? Postmates says that you can earn up to $25 an hour with their platform. Click here to check out Postmates and sign up.
- Deliver RVs to dealerships – RVs are huge, and the majority of the time they can’t be transported by semi-trucks because of their size. Due to that, someone has to drive them from the manufacturer to the RV dealership. We met a couple who did this for a living, and they both loved what they did. They were able to travel a lot, earn a living, and got to see new RVs all the time. To make extra income doing this, you can contact transport companies in your area, RV manufacturers, RV dealerships, and more.
- Find a part-time seasonal job – If you have a job that gives you the summers off (or whatever season), then finding a part-time seasonal job could be a good way to earn extra money during your time off. Some of the seasonal, part-time job options are listed below.
- Bartend – With bartending experience, you may be able to find a bartending job at a bar, restaurant, catering company, and more. Since the hours for this are usually later at night and on the weekends, it could easily fit with your regular 9-5 job schedule.
- Work at a restaurant – You could be a host, wait tables, bus tables, and so on. You may even get to eat delicious food and receive a discount when dining out at the restaurant you work for.
- Substitute teach – I know quite a few people who substitute teach both part-time and full-time and love it. Sometimes the schedule can be tricky as you may be called at the last moment, but other times you may secure a long-term position. In some places, substitute teaching can pay around $100 per day.
- Teach during summer school – If you are a teacher, then spending part of your summer teaching summer school is a great way to make extra money. My brother-in-law is a teacher and he earns around $3,000 for three 4-day weeks of work, and they aren’t even full days. He and his wife use that money to fund their summer vacations.
- Work at a hotel, motel, hostel, resort, etc. – There are many jobs in the hospitality industry. If you love meeting new people who are visiting your area, this can be a great way to earn extra money. When we were RVing, we met several RVers who make money at RV parks and campgrounds while they full-time RV.
- Work at a retail store – I worked in retail for over five years, made lifelong friends, and I was able to make an okay income to live off of. Plus, you can usually receive a good discount when working in retail.
- Lifeguard – You could lifeguard at a community pool, a private pool, a water park, and so on. You don’t have to be a teenager to lifeguard either!
- Work as a referee – Did you know that soccer refs for local community centers can make around $25/hour or more? You’ll have to know the sport to work as a referee, and you can learn more by contacting the community or sports center in your area.
- Deliver newspapers – Delivering newspapers can be a good way to make some side money. You may have to wake up early, but maybe those are the hours you are looking for.
- Run errands for others – Being someone’s assistant can be an interesting way to earn extra money. You may get paid to do someone else’s laundry, clean their home, pick up their food, answer phone calls, and more.
Related content: 18 Of The Best Ways To Make Extra Money For The Holidays
Sell your stuff to earn extra money.
We all have things around our homes that can be sold instead of collecting dust, or you can even search for items that can be bought and resold for a profit. Or, if you are trying to live a minimalist lifestyle, then knowing that you can earn extra money selling your things might be the motivation you need to get started. If you want to learn how to earn extra money by selling your stuff, then continue reading below.
Related post: 8 Things To Sell To Make Money
- Flip items – Melissa’s family was able to make $42,875 in one year through buying and flipping items for sale, and they were only working about 10-20 hours per week. Learn more in How Melissa Made $40,000 In One Year Flipping Items.
- Sell/donate blood, plasma, eggs, etc. – Yup, all of these can be sold for a price, and you can definitely earn extra money by doing so. Depending on your characteristics, women can earn anywhere from a few thousand dollars to $10,000 or more for their eggs. Egg donors are typically under the age of 30 and healthy. African American women and Asian American women usually make the most money as there is a larger need for their eggs. This is not easy money, though. There are a number of doctor visits, and extracting the eggs requires a medical procedure. For sperm, the average donation pays anywhere from $50 to $100, and some men donate as often as 2-3 times each week.
- Sell items on eBay – Whether it’s clothes, a car, electronics, and so on, eBay is a great place to sell all sorts of things online. eBay also has a worldwide reach, which can be great if the market in your area isn’t large enough. I know many people who earn extra money selling on eBay, and it’s very easy to get started.
- Sell items on Craigslist – Craigslist has gotten a bad rap in the past, but I have always had great success when I have bought or sold things through them. Craigslist can be a great way to sell your items, while often earning a higher value for them too. However, be safe, because you will have to meet with strangers to complete the transactions.
- Sell things on Facebook Marketplace – Facebook is a great place to sell your items to earn extra money. You can find buyers in your area, but for larger items, like cars and furniture, buyers are often willing to travel. Plus, because you are probably already on Facebook, this is one of the easiest ways to sell your stuff.
- Sell on Poshmark – Poshmark is one of the most popular places online for people to buy and sell gently used clothing, shoes, and more. You should always be honest in your listings, take great photos, and ship items out as soon as they sell.
- Sell to second hand stores – There are many second hand stores out there that will take your clothing and shoes. Stores like Plato’s Closet, Hut No. 8, and Buffalo Exchange will pay you upfront for on-trend young adult clothing, and they take all of the legwork out of selling items, which is really helpful. There are also second hand stores for designer items, women’s clothing, children’s items, and more. Some pay upfront, whereas others may not pay you until after the item has sold.
- Sell on Etsy – Etsy is a great place to sell handmade items, vintage finds, and craft supplies. If you are a crafty person, definitely check out this website if you are looking for ways to earn extra money.
- Sell your gift cards – If you have gift cards that you aren’t going to use, why not sell them to earn extra money? There are many, many websites out there that will pay you cash for your gift cards. Gift Card Granny, Cardpool, and Raise are just a few.
- Sell items through a garage sale – A garage sale can be an easy way to make extra money because people come straight to your house. The only downside is that you usually don’t make as much for your items as you would if you were to sell them on sites such as eBay, Craigslist, or Facebook Marketplace.
- Sell your old books – Back when I was in college, I sold my textbooks as soon as the class was over. This helped me regain the amount that I originally paid for the book. You can sell your books online, and most university bookstores have a buyback option.
- 100+ Ways To Make Extra Income
- 65 Ways To Make Extra Money
- 75+ Ways To Make Extra Money
- Ways To Make An Extra $1,000 A Month
Earn extra money at the job you already have.
If you’re already employed and not interested in starting a side hustle, by starting an online business, or taking on a part-time job, you can still learn how to earn more at your current job.
- Work overtime – One way to earn extra money at your job is to see if your company will allow you to work overtime. In many cases, overtime is welcomed, and you can earn a decent amount of money by doing so. Plus, what’s an extra hour or two when you’re already there?
- Ask for a raise – Asking for a raise may be the best way to earn extra money at your current job, as the work is the same and you most likely won’t be adding additional hours to your work week. Many people never ask for a raise, which means you might be leaving money on the table. Over numerous years, this can add up to a significant amount of income!
- Get a promotion – If a raise is not possible, then you may want to try for a promotion that comes with a pay bump. Sometimes companies can only pay you so much for the job you currently have, but perhaps a promotion with different and/or additional job duties, a possible move, etc. may result in an increase in pay.
- Earn bonuses – Depending on the industry and the company you work at, you may be able to earn bonuses. Bonuses often come in large chunks which makes them ideal for paying off large amounts of credit card or student loan debt. Or, you could even invest your bonus to earn even more in the long run.
Even more ways to earn extra money in 2023.
If you’re looking for even MORE ways to earn extra money on the side, then this is your spot. The things listed below probably aren’t what comes to mind first, and they don’t fit in any of the categories above. I honestly love interesting and creative ways to earn extra money because it proves that there are really so many options out there. If there is something that you do to make money that is not on this list, please share in the comments below!
- Cuddle with strangers – Did you know that you can get paid to cuddle with people that you don’t even know? Surprisingly, there are many cuddling companies out there, and this option seems to be growing more and more each year. Some people even make a few hundred dollars a day by cuddling with others. I’m not sure if this is something I could do (haha!), but I know there are people out there who are perfect for this option.
- Scoop poop – Okay, like picking up trash, this isn’t going to be the most glamorous job, but someone has to do it.
- Write a book about something you love to do – Alyssa and Heath quit their jobs in 2014 to RV full-time. They used their experience RVing to write and publish a book that is making them over $200 a DAY in passive income. Read the full interview at How Alyssa Is Making $200 A DAY In Book Sales Passively.
- Place advertisements on your car, home, or even on your body – Yes, there are companies out there that will pay you to place an advertisement on your car, home, or even your body (such as a tattoo on your forehead). If there’s space on your car or fence that you don’t mind placing an ad on, then look into this!
- Help crew a sailboat delivery – Because you need sailing experience to do this, this won’t be for everyone. But, if you know your way around a boat, then you may be able to earn extra money delivering sailboats. Wes actually helped out on a couple of sailboat deliveries in the past few years, and he traveled to many amazing places along the way, such as visiting several European countries.
- Be an extra in a movie or TV show – If there’s a movie or TV show that is being filmed near you, you can apply to be an extra to make some money on the side. You won’t have to do much, and it could be a lot of fun, especially if you are able to meet someone famous!
- Write and self-publish romance novels – This definitely isn’t something that most people will think about, but it is a growing and profitable industry. You can learn how Yuwanda Black, a freelance writer, started writing and self-publishing short romance novels in this interview. She earned over $3,000 in one month alone!
- Start investing with spare change – Investing through platforms like Acorns makes investing even more approachable. You simply link your bank or credit cards and Acorns rounds every transaction up to the next dollar. Read more at How To Start Investing With Little Money.
- Sell breast milk – Only recently did I realize that some women earn extra money this way. If you are breastfeeding, then you may be able to sell your breast milk to make extra money. Breast milk often goes for $1 to $2.50 per ounce, and sometimes it sells for as much as $4 per ounce. There are many people who are looking to buy breast milk, not just mothers. Athletes, and those looking to boost their immune systems, are buyers as well.
- Receive bonuses and rewards for using a credit card – There are many credit cards out there that will give you cash back just for using them. If you are good with credit cards (please skip this if you are not), this is something to look into as you can make money without having to do much. Read more at How To Take A 10 Day Trip To Hawaii For $22.40 – Flights & Accommodations Included.
- Take part in medical research studies – Medical studies allow you to help with the research and study of diseases, medicines, treatments, and more. To find paid medical research studies, I recommend checking out your local Craigslist, contacting universities in your area, and seeing if there are any medical testing companies around you. Most cities have these options, and you just have to look for them.
- Enter contests and giveaways – There’s no guarantee that you will win anything when entering contests, but if you get lucky, this would be a really fun way to earn extra money. You may win cash, gift cards, vacations, electronics, and more. The key here is to enter as many as you can. And, many stores and restaurants post drawings and giveaways at the bottom of your receipt.
- Mystery shop – Yes, you can actually get paid to shop at stores and eat at restaurants. A few years ago, I mystery shopped a lot to earn extra money. I made anywhere from $150 to $200 a month mystery shopping and received free meals, makeup, and more as a mystery shopper. I used Bestmark for mystery shopping, so I know that they are a 100% legitimate company. Learn more at Want To Make An Extra $100 A Month? Learn How To Become A Mystery Shopper.
- Use InboxDollars – InboxDollars is an online rewards website I recommend if you want to find ways to earn extra money on the side. You can earn cash by taking surveys, playing games, shopping online, searching the web, redeeming grocery coupons, and more. Also, by signing up through my link, you will receive $5.00 for free!
- Travel the world and be an au pair – In 2016, my sister was an au pair in Italy. It was an interesting experience, and she shares how you can become an au pair and travel the world in her blog post How To Become An Au Pair And Travel The World.
- Play video games on your phone – This is one is completely new to me, but you can earn extra money, even cryptocurrency by playing Long Game on your phone. Long Game was even listed as one of Forbes’ Startups Of The Week! To learn more, you can read my review at How To Earn Extra Money Playing Video Games On Your Phone.
- Earn extra money with your FitBit – Did you know that you can earn money, points, gift cards, and more with your FitBit? It’s true, you can! Read 4 Ways To Earn Money With A Fitbit to learn more about how to make money on the side with your FitBit.
- Open a high yield savings account. Savings accounts at brick and mortar banks are known for having really low interest rates. That’s because they have a much higher overhead – paying for the building, paying the tellers, etc. Betterment Everyday is an online option, which means they have lower costs, then passing the savings on to you. Over a 10 year period, that same savings balance with a 1.85% balance would earn you an additional $1,850, whereas a savings account with an interest rate of only 0.09% would earn you a mere $90. Simply click here and sign up.
What are you doing to earn extra money this year?
How To Start A Blog FREE Email Course
In this free course, I show you how to create a blog easily, from the technical side (it's easy - trust me!) all the way to earning your first income and attracting readers. Join now!
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive regular updates and get access to the free course.
Great post Michelle! These are all great money-making methods for 2020. It’s awesome to see that writing an ebook can get you $200 a day in passive income. That’s awesome! I also ran across another side hustle which is becoming an ebook designer, by doing this you can bring in some extra cash, it’s a pretty interesting side hustle.
Hi Michelle, I liked ur podcast on How My Wife Quit Her Job. I did start a blog but I realize I do not enjoy writing. Should I try ecom instead? I’m not too crazy about selling stuff either but I do want to get out of the rat race. Thanks for ur wisdom!
Michelle, happy new year. You have done the most beautiful thing at this time of the year for your subscribers. God bless.
I hope everyone reading will have or add to their extra income source.
May I add this ; if today you don’t have 3-5 sources of income, you are insane.
Follow this article and in no time you are on your way to financial freedom.
Wes Pearce says
Wow! This list is crazy helpful for people looking to make extra money.
I’ve always loved the idea of having a side hustle and encourage my family and closest friends to get started on a side hustle too. I actually started freelance writing over six years ago as a side hustle, and now it’s turned into my full-time job. Keep up the great posts!
Thanks for the interesting ideas. This is very true for me! I will try!
Take part in medical research studies seems to be a bit dangerous. I’d prefer mystery shopping 🙂
Wow .. Absolutely the most important thing you’ll ever learn about earning money online I found in this amazing helpful article .. I made my website a few months ago and I hoping it will be a good source of income soon .. thank you very much Michelle, you are such an amazing person!