Road trips are one of the best ways to travel affordably, and they can be a lot of fun for families, couples, or a way to travel on your own. Even though we no longer have a car, we did RV for several years, so we are road trip pros, haha.
Now, while road trips can be an affordable way to travel, it is also very easy to buy snacks every time you need to get gas or use the restroom. Even though they are usually somewhat cheap, the cost can really add up. That means you will probably be spending much more money than if you made your own road trip snacks in advance.
The other bad thing about the kind of road trip snacks you find in gas stations is that they are usually full or sugar, sodium, and just aren’t very healthy for you.
I have gotten much better at not grabbing candy or chips when on a road trip because I hate how it makes me feel afterwards. But, I also hate how quickly the cost of those snacks adds up.
So, if you’re wanting some ideas for healthy, make at home road trip snacks for your next adventure, then I have a great list of delicious recipes for you to try.
They are delicious snacks for anyone who might be joining you on the road, and they hardly take any time to make.
More recipe roundups:
- 10 Easy Homemade Snacks To Bring On Your Next Hike
- 10 Meatless Monday Recipes You Should Try
- 10 Budget Lunch Ideas and Cheap Easy Meals You Should Try
- 10 Budget Recipes and Cheap Easy Meals You Should Try
- 14 Best Camping Breakfast Recipes For Your Next Trip
Note: If you’re looking for easy weekly meal plans that are full of budget friendly recipes, then I definitely recommend looking at $5 Meal Plan. For just $5 a month, this meal planning service sends you a meal plan every week along with the exact shopping list you need to create their delicious meals.
Here are 10 easy road trip snacks for you to make.
1. Nutella Ganache Cookie Cups
2. Oven Baked Rosemary Sea Salt Sweet Potato Chips
3. Cinnamon Sugar Sweet and Salty Chex Mix
4. Fruit And Veggie Muffin Bites
5. Peanut Butter Energy Balls
6. Oatmeal To-Go Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
7. Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
8. Toasted Quinoa, Dried Fig & Dark Chocolate Nut Free Granola Bars
9. Peanut Butter Bliss Bars + Make Your Own Road Trip Snacks
10. Homemade Vegan Doritos
What are your favorite road trip snacks?