Food is one of the largest expenses a family can have each month, which is why I'm a big believer in and lover of weekly meal plans. If you are looking for some new budget recipes to start making for you and/or your family, then you've come to the right place.
According to the United States Department of Agriculture, the average family of four spends around $700 to $1,000 a month on food. That’s a lot of money, especially considering that most families waste around 40% of their food each month!
Related content: 10 Budget Lunch Ideas and Cheap Easy Meals You Should Try
If you want recipes that are budget friendly and delicious, don't worry, it is possible! The recipes included in this budget recipe roundup are affordable, easy, and you may already have many of the ingredients in your home!
I have all of these recipes in my current meal plan, and I'm excited to make all of them.
Note: If you're looking for easy weekly meal plans, full of budget recipes, I recommend $5 Meal Plan. $5 Meal Plan is a meal planning service that sends you a delicious meal plan and shopping list every week for just $5 a month.
Other helpful content to read:
- How I Make $1,500 A Month From Pinterest
- Ways To Make An Extra $1,000 A Month
- 12 Work From Home Jobs That Can Earn You $1,000+ Each Month
- 12 Easy Ways To Earn Free Amazon Gift Cards
- 30+ Ways To Save Money Each Month
Here are 10 budget recipes and cheap easy meals you should try:
1. Better Than Chipotle DIY Chicken Burrito Bowl
2. Bean Burrito Casserole
3. One Pot Chicken and Dirty Rice
4. Spinach Artichoke Rice Bowl With Vegetables
5. Classic Beef and Tomato Macaroni Soup
6. Black Bean Chili
7. Vegetarian Quinoa Lasagna Casserole
8. High Protein Broccoli White Bean Mac And Cheese
9. Mascarpone, Mushroom, and Spinach Salad
10. Sweet Basil And Corn Chowder
After writing this, I decided to add a few more, so now there are 13 budget recipes!
11. Hamburger and Macaroni
12. One Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, And Rice
13. Green Bean & Potato Curry
What are your favorite budget recipes right now? Share them in the comments below!
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: