Making extra money doesn’t have to be impossible. In fact, you can even learn how to make money this weekend! Too many people throw away the idea of making extra money because they think it’s difficult, will take too much time, or that it’s just not possible.
However, there are things you can do to start making money in one day or over the weekend!
Sometimes unexpected expenses come up and you need to find ways to make money fast. Maybe it’s a car repair, something broke in your home, you forgot about a bill that needs to be paid soon, or something else.
Perhaps you need extra income and all you have left is the weekend to earn it by.
It is important to have an emergency fund for these types of expenses, but there are still times when you may need to find ways to make money fast.
After all, things come up and sometimes you may not have the cash on hand to cover those expenses. Or, maybe you just don’t want to dip into your savings and would like to see what you can do to quickly make some money instead.
No matter how small your timeframe may be, there’s probably something you can do to quickly earn a little bit of money.
Related blog posts on how to make money this weekend:
- 43 Extreme Ways To Learn How To Make Money
- 75+ Ways To Make Extra Money
- 8 Things To Sell To Make Extra Money
- 30+ Ways To Save Money Each Month
- The $20 Savings Challenge
- How To Earn Money From Home
- American Consumer Opinion Review
- How To Make An Extra $500 A Month
How to make money this weekend:
Use your current skills for weekend jobs ideas.
You probably already have a lot of great skills that you can use to make extra money. This could be something like knowing another language, being an expert at running a business, being knowledgeable in math, and so on.
If this is the case, which I am sure is true for many people, then you should share these talents with others. Your skills are valuable assets, and I’m sure people would be willing to pay for your expertise!
The other day I was on Facebook, and a friend of mine said she was trying to make $500 over the weekend so that she could purchase something she wanted without feeling bad about it.
To reach her goal, she offered consulting calls at a discounted price and promoted her skills to everyone she knew. Many people took her up on the offer, and it was all because she used the skills she already had to create a last second service to sell to others.
Whatever your skill might be, all it takes is promoting yourself somewhere, like social media, a bulletin board, Craigslist, and so on. By offering your services, you just never know what may happen.
Related tip- If you are looking to make extra money by taking surveys, here are the survey companies I recommend: American Consumer Opinion, Swagbucks, Survey Junkie, Pinecone Research, Opinion Outpost, Survey Spot, Prize Rebel, and Harris Poll Online. They’re free to join and free to use! You get paid to answer surveys and to test products. It’s best to sign up for as many as you can as that way you can receive the most surveys and make the most money.
Sell stuff from around your home for weekend jobs for extra money.
Probably one of the best ways to make money fast is to find items around your home to sell.
The average person has a lot of extra stuff in their life. Too many clothes, old electronics that have been tossed to the side (like old cell phones), appliances that have been replaced, books that will never be read again, useless furniture, gift cards that will never be used, and more.
If you’re wanting to learn how to make money this weekend, then looking around your house for things to sell may be a great way to do so.
Many people are hesitant to sell their stuff, and I’ve heard all the excuses:
- No one will pay for my junk.
- That item isn’t worth anything.
- It’s so much easier to just throw it away.
- I would look stupid if a thrift store says no to everything I am trying to sell to them.
- I don’t actually have anything to sell!
These excuses are easy to make, and many people do. However, if you want to make money this weekend, selling your stuff is definitely one of the easiest ways to do so.
Really, we all have things around the house we can sell, and there are many ways to sell your things. These include:
- Thrift stores – Some may pay on consignment, cash on the spot, or store credit. Taking your stuff to a thrift store will probably be the fastest way to sell things as they will likely offer you cash for whatever they can sell.
- eBay – This online auction site can be a great way to reach a larger market.
- Craigslist – Selling on this free site can be one of the easiest ways to make money fast, but be safe and don’t fall for any Craigslist scams.
- Garage/yard sale – This can be an easy way to sell a lot of things at once, plus you can do it all from your home. A downside is that the pay is usually lower.
- Facebook – There are specific groups on Facebook dedicated to selling items in your area. Facebook makes it SO easy to sell the stuff you no longer want.
Find one-time gigs.
There are many, many random one-time jobs that you can find in your local area, and Craigslist is a great place to look for them.
One great thing about these jobs is that you usually get paid before or right after you complete the work, which means that you can get paid the same day!
To find random gigs in your area, just go to Craigslist and find the “gigs” section.
Here are some jobs I found through a quick search:
- Remove yard debris
- Dirty house cleaner
- Transporting bricks
- Passing out flyers and brochures
- Kitchen cleaner
- Motorhome hauler
Here are screenshots of some of these easy to find Craigslist gigs:
These were all extremely easy things for me to find. It literally took me less than one minute to find several different gigs that were needed for the following day.
No, they won’t make you rich in a weekend, but if you were to spend your weekend doing gigs like these, you’ll most likely be able to make a few hundred dollars.
Related read on how to make money this weekend: How I Earned $655 From Random Craigslist Jobs
Walk dogs and/or pet sit for ideas for weekend jobs.
If you love animals and want to make money fast, then you may want to consider walking dogs or pet sitting.
With this side job you may be going over to your client’s home to check in a few times a day, you may be staying at their house, or the animals may be staying with you.
For dog boarding, you may be able to make around $25+ per day for watching someone’s dog or another pet in your home. This is a great service to offer, and if you love animals (which you should if you are going to do this) then it could be fun as well!
Rover is a great company to sign up with in order to become a dog walker and pet sitter. Learn more about this at Rover – A Great Way To Make Money And Play With Animals.
Other than Rover, you may be able to find pet watching gigs through Craigslist, Facebook, and more.
Babysit and/or nanny for families.
Parents are almost always looking for good babysitters, and they are willing to pay well for a night out.
Websites like Care.com and SitterCity.com allow you to advertise your services while letting you see if there is anyone in your area needing a babysitter or nanny. This means that you may be able to find a one-time job or even a permanent babysitting gig by just searching online.
When I was just 14, I was making $10 an hour babysitting for a neighbor. I babysat 40 hours a week and it was a great way to make extra money! And, I found this babysitting gig by just looking at the bulletin board in my neighborhood.
If you have any special skills or provide extra work, such as cleaning up around the house, teaching the child how to speak another language, tutoring, picking up the child from activities, and so on, you may be able to charge more than $10 an hour.
Now, if you think it may be hard to make money this way by the weekend, think harder. Even just a simple post on your Facebook wall may get you in contact with someone needing babysitting services.
Help move furniture.
Moving is a task that most people dislike.
Movers can earn a broad range when it comes to hourly pay, but it’s usually somewhere around $50 an hour if you run your own business.
To find moving gigs so that you can learn how to make money fast, you can simply post an advertisement on Craigslist, place flyers around town, or tell those that you know. Many people find movers at the last moment, so it may be quite easy to find a quick job.
By just searching Craigslist, I was able to find several people who needed help moving, as you can see in the screenshot below:
Clean yards and homes.
Yard maintenance and cleaning homes is another way to make money in a weekend. You can make money by mowing lawns, killing/removing weeds, cleaning gutters, raking leaves, cleaning someone’s house, and so on.
While mowing lawns will require you to have a lawn mower of some sort, you could always do something that won’t require much equipment, such as raking leaves.
No one likes to do lawn maintenance or cleaning their home. Okay, I guess some people do. But, the majority of people would rather do other things with their time, especially if it’s something extensive or dirty.
Due to this, there are many ways to find yard or house cleaning jobs. You can:
- Post a Craigslist advertisement announcing your services.
- Search Craigslist gigs, as discussed above, and see if there are any available in your area.
- Post flyers on a local bulletin board.
- Announce your services on social media, such as your personal Facebook account.
- Go door to door and see if anyone is in need of your services.
Are you interested in learning how to make money this weekend? Can you think of any other ways to make money this weekend?
If you are new to Making Sense of Cents, I am all about finding ways to make and save more money. Here are some of my favorite sites and products that may help you out:
- Find ways to make extra money – Here are over 75 different ways to make extra money.
- Cut your TV bill. Cut your cable, satellite, etc. Even go as far to go without Netflix or Hulu as well. Buy a digital antenna (this is the one we have) and enjoy free TV for life.
- Start a blog. Blogging is how I make a living and just a few years ago I never thought it would be possible. I earn over $100,000 a month online through my blog and you can read more about this in my monthly online income reports. You can create your own blog here with my easy-to-use tutorial. You can start your blog for as low as $2.75 per month plus you get a free domain if you sign-up through my tutorial. Also, I have a free How To Start A Blog email course that I recommend signing up for.
- You should know your credit score – Check your credit score with Credit Sesame for free!
- Answer surveys. Survey companies I recommend include Swagbucks, Survey Junkie, American Consumer Opinion, Pinecone Research, Opinion Outpost, Prize Rebel, and Harris Poll Online. They’re free to join and free to use! You get paid to answer surveys and to test products. It’s best to sign up for as many as you can as that way you can receive the most surveys and make the most money.
- You can save money and get cash back at the grocery store. Read my review and learn how to here.
- Sign up for a website like Ebates where you can earn CASH BACK for just spending like how you normally would online. The service is free too! Plus, when you sign up through my link, you also receive a free $10 cash back too!
- Save money on food. I recently joined $5 Meal Plan in order to help me eat at home more and cut my food spending. It’s only $5 a month and you get meal plans sent straight to you along with the exact shopping list you need in order to create the meals. Each meal costs around $2 per person or less. This allows you to save time because you won’t have to meal plan anymore, and it will save you money as well!
- I highly recommend Credible for student loan refinancing. You can lower the interest rate on your student loans significantly by using Credible which may help you shave thousands off your student loan bill over time.
- Try InboxDollars. InboxDollars is an online rewards website I recommend. You can earn cash by taking surveys, playing games, shopping online, searching the web, redeeming grocery coupons, and more. Also, by signing up through my link, you will receive $5.00 for free just for signing up!