Welcome to my Swagbucks review!
If you are looking for ways to make some extra money from home, then I have an easy site for you to learn about today – Swagbucks!
This honest review of Swagbucks is going to explain what Swagbucks is (it’s more than just surveys!), how Swagbucks works, and how you can make extra money on Swagbucks each month – which is how I’ve earned 109 gift cards from them already!
This Swagbucks review is written from my experience using the site, and I started using Swagbucks many years ago. I found them back when I was looking for ways to make extra money to quickly pay off my student loans.
Back then, I did a lot of things to earn side income – I sold items on eBay, wrote online for websites, mystery shopped, and answered online surveys.
Now, Swagbucks didn’t make me rich.
This is one of the most important things I want you to take away from my Swagbucks review – you’re not going to get rich from Swagbucks. But, you can easily earn a little extra money.
The PayPal cash and Amazon gifts I earned from Swagbucks allowed me to put extra money towards my student loans, have some extra spending money, and I was occasionally able to purchase some fun things for myself without feeling like I was ruining my budget.
Plus, making money with Swagbucks is super easy, as I could earn free gift cards from home, on my lunch break, at night – whenever I wanted to.
All I needed was an internet connection.
In today’s Swagbucks review, you are going to learn about one of the most popular survey companies – Swagbucks.
Swagbucks has paid its members over $636,152,119, and they give out over 7,000 free gift cards every single day.
It’s free to sign up and only takes a few minutes.
This Swagbucks review is going to answer common questions, such as:
- What is Swagbucks?
- How do I earn Swagbucks?
- How much money can you make using Swagbucks each month?
- Is Swagbucks worth it?
- Is Swagbucks legitimate? Is Swagbucks safe to use?
- How much are Swagbucks worth?
- Do survey sites really pay?
My Swagbucks review is going to answer all of those questions, as well as talk about paid online surveys a little more at the end, in case you have any other questions about them.
- 11 Easy Ways To Earn Free Amazon Gift Cards
- 13 Paid Survey Sites To Make $50+ Per Month
- Survey Junkie Review – Learn How To Make Extra Money In Your Spare Time
- Learn How To Make Extra Money With American Consumer Opinion
- 17 Best Online Jobs
Here is my 2022 Swagbucks review.
What is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks was created and launched back in 2008, and it is a very popular loyalty and consumer rewards website.
It’s 100% free to sign up for Swagbucks.
Swagbucks will pay you to answer surveys online and complete a variety of online tasks, such as shopping online, watching videos, playing games, and searching the internet.
You earn points called SB for completing different online tasks. Once you have as little as 300 SB (which is very easy to earn!), you can start redeeming them for free gift cards to places such as Amazon or Target, or free PayPal cash.
Here’s how Swagbucks works:
- Join Swagbucks through my referral link, and receive a $10 bonus.
- Earn points by taking online surveys, searching the web like you normally do, watching videos on Swagbucks, shopping online, and more.
- Redeem your points for PayPal cash or gift cards (such as to Amazon or Walmart).
Swagbucks is very easy to use.
How do I earn Swagbucks?
There are a variety of ways to earn points, called SB or Swagbucks, including:
- Shopping online retailers and getting cashback
- Watching videos
- Playing games online
- Scan your receipts
- Installing the Swagbutton
- Printing coupons
- Answer daily polls
- Searching the web (for example, if you use their search engine)
- Completing online surveys
The tasks all pay points a little differently, but Swagbucks tells you how much you can expect to make from each task in advance. This way, you get to choose what’s the best way to spend your time on the site.
How much money can you make using Swagbucks?
In general, 1 Swagbuck equals 1 cent. So, 100 Swagbucks is $1.
Sometimes your points are worth a little more depending on how you redeem them for rewards, and I will explain more about this further down in my Swagbucks review.
According to Swagbucks, members tend to make anywhere from $50 to a few hundred dollars a year in extra spending money. And, it’s not uncommon for Swagbucks members to earn over $1,000 a year.
It will definitely take a lot of work and time to earn over $1,000 a year through Swagbucks. But, I have personally earned over 109 gift cards to Amazon and PayPal cash over the years.
How much can you make each day with Swagbucks?
According to Swagbucks, the daily earnings can vary from a few cents to over $100. That is a wide range, and the average user will earn around $5 a day if they are using Swagbucks for 15 to 30 minutes each day.
As mentioned earlier in my Swagbucks review, there are many different ways that members can earn Swagbucks points, so the more time you spend on the site completing different tasks, the more money you can potentially earn.
Remember, becoming a Swagbucks member is free! So, it is easy to try out.
Here’s an example list of what you could earn on Swagbucks each day:
- Answer a quick daily poll (it’ll take just a few seconds!) for 1 Swagbucks point
- Upload a receipt to your Swagbucks account for purchases you made online or in-store (this could even be shopping at your local grocery store) for 4 Swagbucks points
- Complete a quick online survey on Swagbucks for 150 Swagbucks points
- Watch a movie trailer for 5 Swagbucks points
- Complete an online game and earn 5000 Swagbucks points
- Refer a person to Swagbucks and earn 300 points plus 10% of their lifetime earnings
That’s 5460 points or approximately $5.46!
And, you can complete those tasks while you’re watching TV, while you’re on your lunch break, and so on.
The above list is just an example of what you can do to earn extra money, but there are many different ways and opportunities each day.
How do you get $100 a day in Swagbucks?
While the average person won’t earn $100 a day on Swagbucks, it is possible. It would also take a lot of time to earn that much over the course of one day.
You’d want to do a lot of the different tasks, such as answering surveys, using their search engine, referring Swagbucks users to them, using the Swagbucks extension bar, playing games, and more.
Because I want to keep this Swagbucks review as honest as possible, it’s worth mentioning that there are much faster ways to earn $100 a day. For example, selling stuff online could earn you more than $100 a day, and it wouldn’t take an entire day.
Still, Swagbucks is very easy money.
Is Swagbucks worth doing?
Yes, I think that Swagbucks can be worth doing if you are looking for a new way to earn free gift cards or even a little cash from home.
I just looked at my Swagbucks account, and I have redeemed 109 gift cards so far, as you’ll see in the image below.
That is a lot of free gift cards!
I’m glad I checked my account for this Swagbucks review because it honestly surprised me! I’ve used it for a few years, but I really don’t feel like I’ve spent that much time on Swagbucks.
Is Swagbucks safe and legit?
Yes, Swagbucks is a legitimate company.
This is not a scam site that claims you can earn thousands of dollars for very little work. Swagbucks is honest about what you can earn and how it works.
Swagbucks is able to pay you for what you do online because they earn commissions from the brands they partner with. You are also providing them with data that’s used for market research purposes.
I have been a member of Swagbucks for several years and I have never once had an issue with them. They also allow me to redeem my points for free gift cards and PayPal cash very quickly.
Using Swagbucks is a way to earn extra income. No, you won’t get rich, but it can earn you some side income so that you are able to save more money, make more money to pay off debt, etc.
Using Swagbucks helped me greatly when I was living paycheck-to-paycheck, and all I needed was an internet connection and a little extra time.
Using Swagbucks was a flexible way for me to make extra cash and earn free gift cards while I worked full-time and went to school. That’s because I could answer surveys, watch videos, search online, and earn free gift cards whenever I had the extra time, and there was no commute. It was so easy!
How many Swagbucks is $1?
By completing tasks, you earn Swagbucks points called SB, and you can redeem your points for gift cards or cash rewards.
Earlier in my Swagbucks review, I mentioned that 100 SB points are generally equal to $1.
It is true for most rewards that $1 = 100 SB, but there are some rewards where your SB value is worth more.
For example, you can look through the Swagbucks rewards store and find gift cards that are on sale. I did a quick search on the database, and here are a few sale gift cards I found that makes your SB points worth even more:
- $50 Bath & Body Works gift card for 4,500 SB points, a savings of 10%
- $5 American Express virtual reward card for 495 SB points, a savings of 1%
- $10 CVS gift card for 950 SB points, a savings of 5%
- $15 Domino’s gift card for 1395 SB points, a savings of 7%
What you’ll like about Swagbucks is that you can almost immediately start redeeming your points for gift cards and cash via PayPal. They aren’t like some other survey sites that require you to hit $25 in points for redeeming.
You only need 300 SB to start redeeming points, and you can redeem your points in $1, $3, $5 increments, and up. These can be gift cards to Amazon, Target, Starbucks, Walmart, and more.
If you want to redeem your Swagbucks points for cash, you can claim PayPal rewards. These start in increments as little as $5 for 500 points.
It shows up as cash in your PayPal account, which you can transfer to your bank account or use through PayPal.
What’s the easiest way to earn Swagbucks points?
One of the easiest ways to earn Swagbucks points is to use the Swagbucks search engine.
The Swagbucks search engine gives you the same results as other popular search engines, like Google or Yahoo, but you are viewing your search engine results in a search feed on Swagbucks.
So, you are essentially earning gift cards for searching the web just like how you normally would.
Other easy ways include:
- Shopping online at over 7,000 online stores to earn cashback rebates.
- Scanning your receipts, such as from the grocery store. Yes, you can earn Swagbucks points for simply purchasing any-brand eggs, bread, milk, and so on.
- Playing games on Swagbucks. If you like to play online games, then why not get rewarded for it?
- Installing apps they refer you to. Many of these are apps are ones that I already use anyways!
- Watch videos on Swagbucks. Yes, you can watch movie trailers, advertisements, and more and earn Swagbucks points
- Answer surveys – of course, this is one!
And more! There are many different ways to earn points on Swagbucks.
According to Swagbucks, some members have even earned over $12,000 over the years from Swagbucks!
How do I redeem Swagbucks?
To redeem your Swagbucks rewards, you simply:
- Go to your Swagbucks account.
- Click on your Swagbucks total current earnings (if you are on desktop, then it is typically in the top right-hand corner).
- Click on “Redeem your SB.”
- Review the list of Swagbucks reward options – I typically redeem my Swagbucks points for free Amazon gift cards or PayPal cash.
- Then, you will simply verify what you are selecting and your information.
After that is done, Swagbucks will process your rewards and send them to your email address. It typically takes 1-2 days for you to receive your reward.
Why does Swagbucks pay you to take surveys?
The reason why you can make money taking online surveys is that companies and advertisers want to learn more about their products. Like I mentioned earlier in this Swagbucks review, they make money because companies pay for market research data. This is data that tells companies what people think of their products.
Companies need to know what current and potential customers think of their products and brand so they can find ways to improve. It also helps them to better advertise their products and services.
And, this is why Swagbucks pays for surveys. They need your valuable opinions and feedback!
Which is better Swagbucks or Survey Junkie?
Swagbucks and Survey Junkie are a little different, so I recommend signing up for both.
Survey Junkie is more focused on taking paid online surveys, whereas Swagbucks has many different ways to earn rewards.
You can sign up for Survey Junkie here.
You will have more opportunities to make money if you sign up for multiple sites.
Is Swagbucks real money?
Swagbucks are points, as mentioned above. They can be redeemed for PayPal cash and gift cards to stores such as:
- TJ Max
- Best Buy
And much more.
Who is Swagbucks for?
Swagbucks is for someone who wants to earn gift cards from home, without really having to change their life too much.
If you have an internet connection and either a phone or laptop/computer, then this can be an easy way to earn a little bit of extra spending money by doing the things that you probably already do.
Swagbucks is available to residents in Canada, U.S., United Kingdom, Australia, Denmark, France, and Spain.
What are some Swagbucks complaints?
This wouldn’t be a comprehensive Swagbucks review if I didn’t include some complaints.
Below is a list of common Swagbucks complaints from other online Swagbucks reviews:
- The value of your earnings vs. time spent is low – I mentioned this in my Swagbucks review already. There are definitely ways to make more money in the same amount of time. Swagbucks is just so easy.
- Occasionally getting kicked out of a survey once you’ve started it – This is really common with survey sites because they are looking for people who fit very specific demographic data. You may answer a question that no longer makes you a good fit for the survey.
- Gift cards sometimes take a few days longer to process – This would be frustrating, but it’s more to do with the retailer than Swagbucks.
Overall, most users have a very positive experience on Swagbucks. And, because it’s free to sign up, there’s little harm in trying it for yourself.
Do survey sites really pay?
Yes, survey sites do really pay.
I have received many checks over the years for completing surveys from home.
One thing I learned when I was making extra income with survey sites is that you need to sign up for as many survey companies as possible for the highest earning potential.
This is because each survey company will only send you a few surveys at a time, so the more companies you sign up with, the more money you may be able to make.
Here are more legitimate survey companies I recommend signing up for:
- American Consumer Opinion
- Survey Junkie
- Branded Surveys
- Pinecone Research
- Prize Rebel
- Opinion Outpost
- User Interviews – This one pays the most, with many paying over $100 an hour.
- Springboard America
When I was making extra money from surveys, I made it work for me by signing up for as many online survey sites as I could. Due to that, I was able to complete at least a few surveys each week.
There were many times when I would receive an easy $100 cash from completing surveys in a one-month period. The work is really easy. It can all be done from home, on your own schedule and timeline, so it’s a win-win!
If you start signing up for lots of survey sites, your email inbox can start to get very cluttered. A way to get rid of the email clutter is to start a separate email address dedicated to the paid online survey companies that you have signed up for. This can help you from getting overwhelmed, but make sure you check this email address on a regular basis so that you do not miss any survey opportunities.
Having a separate email address for survey companies is also helpful because you then are able to know exactly when a new survey is sent to your email address.
I hope you enjoyed this Swagbucks review! Do you use Swagbucks? What questions do you have about Swagbucks?