Are you interested in recipes for healthy meals on a budget? Would you like to cook more tasty meals at home so you’re less tempted to eat out?
If you are looking for delicious, healthy, and budget friendly meal ideas, then I am excited to share this list of recipes with you today.
Eating healthy meals doesn’t have to be expensive. And, there are so many options out there that will get you excited about eating at home again.
I know it gets hard during the week when you’re busy or feeling in a rut with cooking.
It often feels like it would be so much easier to just go out to eat, stop at a drive thru, or order take out. But, the problem with those options is that they’re expensive and often unhealthy.
Eating at home is healthier, and it’s a great way to stick to your budget.
There are some really delicious healthy meals on a budget in this round-up.
I’ve already tried several of these recipes, and some of my favorites are:
- Healthy General Tso’s Chicken – Now that we live on a boat, we don’t often get the chance to do Chinese take out, but this recipe really hits the spot when I am missing it. The sauce has a sweet and tangy flavor, and I like to make mine extra spicy.
- Vegan Bean Burritos – These are plant-based burritos that are so easy to make. I make them in advance when I know we are going to have long sailing days because you can store them in the fridge for a few days before you eat them. You can try any number of fillings, and my favorites are avocados, black beans, bell peppers, and salsa.
- Cucumber Pasta Salad – This healthy pasta salad recipe is a good summer meal idea because it is fresh and light. This recipe is vegan, but I think adding feta cheese to it would be really good.
- Beans and Rice – I love beans and rice recipes because you can add so many different toppings, put them in wraps, or even add your leftover beans and rice to salads. This recipe is flavorful, healthy, and affordable.
If you want to get excited about eating healthier at home instead of spending money going out to eat, then I definitely recommend that you try these ideas for delicious and healthy meals on a budget.
Depending on how many people you are cooking for, you may want to make extra so you have enough to bring to work for leftovers. This can help you save even more money because bringing your lunch to work can really add up.
Content related to healthy meals on a budget:
- How to Meal Prep on a Budget: 10 Great Recipes to Try
- 10 Budget Lunch Ideas & Cheap Easy Meals You Should Try
- 10 Budget Recipes You Should Try
Note: If you are looking for affordable weekly meal ideas, I recommend checking out $5 Meal Plan. $5 Meal Plan is a meal planning service that sends you a delicious meal plan and shopping list every week for just $5 a month.
Here are 12 healthy meals on a budget.
1. Peanut Chicken Wrap
2. Garlic Pasta
3. Sweet Potato Pasta With Cilantro Tahini Sauce
4. General Tsos Chicken
5. Vegan Oil-Free Baked Falafel Tacos
6. Easy Ramen Bowl
7. Black Bean Chili
8. Mediterranean Pasta Salad
9. Beans And Rice
10. Easy Homemade Vegan Burrito
11. Chipotle Black Bean Burger
12. Cucumber Pasta Salad