Would you like to learn how to meal prep on a budget?
Planning healthy and satisfying meals week after week can get exhausting.
Having a family, a full-time job, a side hustle, etc. makes it even more challenging to cook during the week.
I know I have fallen into that rut before, and many times I would end up eating something unhealthy or spending more money on takeout or restaurant food.
If you do that too many times a week, you can end up easily spending an extra hundred dollars or more on food each week. And, even though we all know it’s more expensive to go out to eat, making dinner at home can feel like a lot of extra work.
That is what I love about meal prepping – you do all of the work in advance. You can spend one afternoon or evening cooking your meals, then you divide them into containers, and they are ready to go for the week.
Meal prepping some of your meals is perfect for busy nights when you don’t feel like cooking. You save money and time!
But, many of the meal prep recipes you may find can still be a little expensive. That’s why I have 10 recipes to help you meal prep on a budget.
These meal prep recipes include low-cost ingredients, they are easy to put together, and they are delicious.
Let me tell you about some of my favorite budget meal prep ideas on this list:
- Lemon garlic chicken with zucchini noodles – The first time someone told me about zucchini noodles, I was convinced I wouldn’t like them. But, they are actually very good, and they make this a low carb meal, too. If you want to make it gluten free, simply substitute the soy sauce for tamari.
- One pan Mexican orzo – I love this easy one-pot meal. We have a small kitchen on the boat and camper van, so I love anything that makes it easier to cook and clean up. Another great part about this recipe is that she tells you how to easily substitute ingredients you already have at home.
- Chili lime chicken and rice – This recipe is packed with lots of great flavors. There is lime, garlic, chili, cilantro, and spices. I like to top it with fresh avocados and diced tomatoes.
Not only are these recipes great to do dinner meal prep on a budget, they would all make delicious and easy lunches for your work week.
Even though I work from home, there are some days when I appreciate having lunch ready to go. It means I can keep working without having to stop – Wes hates when I do this, and he will remind me when it’s time to eat, haha!
I think these recipe ideas are exactly what you need if you want to meal prep on a budget while also eating delicious and healthy meals.
I would love to hear which recipes you have tried and how you like them!
- 10 Budget Lunch Ideas & Cheap Easy Meals You Should Try
- 10 Quick And Easy One Pot Meals
- 10 Easy And Affordable Meal Prep Ideas
- 12 Easy Healthy Meals On A Budget
Note: If you’re looking for easy weekly meal plans, full of budget recipes, I recommend $5 Meal Plan. $5 Meal Plan is a meal planning service that sends you a delicious meal plan and shopping list every week for just $5 a month.
Here are 10 new recipes to help you meal prep on a budget.
1. Chili Lime Chicken And Rice Bowls
2. Meal Prep Taco Breakfast Scramble
3. Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, And Broccoli
4. Chipotle Chicken Fajita Bowls
5. Chicken Burrito Bowl
6. Spicy Tuna Bowls With Cauliflower Meal Prep
7. Lemon Garlic Chicken With Zucchini Meal Prep
8. One Pan Chicken And Veggies
9. One Pan Mexican Orzo With Chorizo And Black Beans
10. Veggie Meal Prep Ramen With Tofu And Marinated Eggs
What’s your favorite meal prep on a budget recipe to make?