Are you looking for some healthy, easy, and delicious salad meal prep ideas?
Salads are a great way to eat healthy as they are packed with vegetables. But, many people overlook salads as meals because they think salads are too boring or won’t be filling enough.
I know I’ve thought that way about salads before, haha!
But, I’ve been eating more salads these days after finding many of the salad meal prep ideas I’ve listed in this article.
Despite what you might think, salads aren’t boring and they can be very filling.
One of the things I love most about salads is that they take so much less time than traditional meals.
What takes the most time is cutting up your ingredients, but these salad meal prep ideas help you make the most of your time so you can eat healthier with a delicious salad.
I have tried a few of these recipes already, and here are some of my favorites:
- Taco lunch bowls – These have ground turkey, but you could use ground beef, chicken, or even beans. And, there are lots of ideas for additional toppings so you can customize your meal just the way you like. I also love the cilantro rice that’s in these salad bowls.
- Thai chicken mason jar salad – You can make your own chicken or buy a rotisserie one to save time. I love the addition of cashew nuts, and the spicy thai dressing is the perfect combination of spicy and sweet.
- Cucumber tomato avocado salad – This one is great for using fresh tomatoes, and there are very few ingredients. This salad is great on its own or as a side dish. It tastes very very fresh and healthy.
- Falafel salad bowls – The thing that takes the most time with this recipe is making the falafels. But trust me, it is worth it! Instead of putting the pita bread on the side, you can put the salad in the pitas for an easy, to-go wrap meal.
What’s great about these recipes is that the instructions tell you how to put all of these salads together in advance so you save time making dinner or lunch.
That is my favorite part about meal prepping – you do the majority of the work in advance, cooking the main ingredients and chopping up the vegetables. All you have to do is put the meals together in containers and stick them in the fridge for when you are ready to eat.
Not only does this save time, it helps you eat healthier. It may also save you money because you are less tempted to go out to eat or grab take out when you are busy.
If you are looking for more recipes related to these salad meal prep ideas, you may also like:
- 10 Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes That Will Make Your Mornings Brighter
- 11 Vegetarian Meal Prep Recipes You Have To Try
- 10 Healthy Bowl Recipes – You Will Love These Delicious Meals!
Note: If you’re looking for easy weekly meal plans, full of budget recipes, I recommend $5 Meal Plan. $5 Meal Plan is a meal planning service that sends you a delicious meal plan and shopping list every week for just $5 a month.
Here are 13 salad meal prep ideas.
1. Mason Jar Cobb Salad
2. Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad
3. Thai Chicken Mason Jar Salad With Peanut Dressing
4. Taco Lunch Bowls
5. Easy Cobb Salad Meal Prep
6. Asian Inspired Edamame Peanut Crunch Salad
7. Grilled Salmon Salad
8. Spinach Strawberry Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing
9. Cucumber Taco Avocado Salad
10. Meal Prep Cranberry Walnut Chicken
11. Healthy Cashew Chicken Salad
12. Falafel Salad Bowls
13. Healthy Taco Bowls
What are your favorite salad meal prep ideas?
I was literally just looking up salad ideas yesterday, so this is helpful!
Lydia Jones says
I would lose my mind without meal prep! So nice to have all these salad ideas in one post to refer to.