A lot of you were wanting to know about the different ways to make extra income during the holidays, such as how to make extra money for Christmas, for many different reasons: to increase your monthly income, to save more money, to help pay for the holidays, to have more Christmas money, and so on.
And this leads to my post today about making extra income during the holidays! After reading this, you'll learn about the many different ways to make extra money for Christmas so that you can have more Christmas money and money for all of the other great holidays that you may celebrate.
There are a ton of seasonal jobs out there, so if you want to make some extra cash and not have to do anything long-term, then start applying! I recently read that Macy's is hiring 80,000 employees just for the holidays, and I know that UPS usually hires around 50,000 just for the holidays.
Related articles on how to make extra money for Christmas:
- 75+ Ways To Make Extra Money
- 7+ Ways To Make $500 By The Weekend
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online From The Comfort of Your Home
- Ways To Make An Extra $1,000 A Month
- 8 Things To Sell To Make Money
There are many positives to getting a part-time holiday job or finding other ways to make extra money for Christmas.
One positive of finding a part-time holiday job is that you can get a discount (and possibly do your shopping with this discount), fill up your time, network, make friends, and of course, MAKE EXTRA MONEY FOR CHRISTMAS!
I always kept the same job when I was younger during the holiday season, but I was able to thankfully work overtime and extra when the holidays came around. I should've applied for part-time jobs so that I could've made even more.
There is said to be around 700,000 seasonal openings for this upcoming holiday season. There's definitely a lot of choices out there that can fit your needs.
My number 1 tip is to apply for jobs as soon as you can! There will most likely be a lot of other people trying to get the best seasonal jobs.
Here is how you can make extra money for Christmas and all holidays:
1. Work in retail to make extra money for Christmas.
Of course there are retail jobs out there! Holidays are the time for shopping, right? Nearly every place is ramping up their employees in order to prepare for the holiday rush. The only downside would be that most retailers will be looking for those who have flexible schedules. Retailers can possibly be open at all hours (especially on Black Friday), so an open schedule might be a requirement.
Extra Christmas cash tip: Sign up for a website like Ebates where you can earn free CASH BACK for just spending like how you normally would online. All you do is click on a store that you want to shop through (they have TONS of stores such as Kohls, REI, Toys R Us, etc.), and shop just like how you normally would. Ebates makes a commission for referring you to the store you just shopped at, and they give you some of that money back as a thank you. Plus, when you sign up through my link, you receive a free $10 cash back!
2. Work at a tree lot or pumpkin patch in order to earn extra money for Christmas.
Tree lots and pumpkin patches will be springing up everywhere soon. If you're like me, then you will love all of the happy people who are just trying to celebrate the holidays. These can be very fun.
3. Advertise your pet and house sitting services to make extra money offline.
During the holidays, many people will need help, such as watching or walking their pet, and watching their house for when they're out of town. There are numerous websites where you can advertise your services, so I would do so if you're qualified and think you can do it.
I recommend checking out this blog post – Rover – A Great Way To Make Money And Play With Animals.
If you love animals and want to make money fast, then you may want to consider walking dogs or pet sitting.
With this side job you may be going over to your client’s home to check in a few times a day, you may be staying at their house, or the animals may be staying with you.
For dog boarding, you may be able to make around $25+ per day for watching someone's dog or another pet in your home. This is a great service to offer, and if you love animals (which you should if you are going to do this) then it could be fun as well!
Other than Rover, you may be able to find pet watching gigs through Craigslist, Facebook, and more.
4. Plow snow in order to make money for Christmas.
This might seem like a weird thing on the list, but I know of a couple of people who attach the plow to their trucks and do this. They easily make a thousand dollars per job (which only takes a couple of hours) and they really rake in the money.
5. Find a ski or snow resort so that you can make extra income for the holidays.
I'm sure most areas have this, but there is a man-made snow/ski resort near me. This allows for it to be open even if it is a little warmer or it hasn't snowed at all. Applying at a ski resort could get you an awesome discount and be a fun winter job.
6. Find a warehouse or distributor job in order to make extra income.
Places such as UPS and Fedex hire numerous workers during the holidays. And some of these jobs lead to full-time work as well. The pay isn't always the greatest, but they are usually open at all hours of the day and night, which is helpful when you have a tough schedule to work around.
7. Wrap items during the holidays to make Christmas money.
I know everyone has seen the people at the mall and stores who just wrap your presents right? Well if you love wrapping presents and making things look nice, then look into these jobs!
8. Dress up as Santa, an elf, etc. to make extra money around the holidays.
Who doesn't love the movie Elf? Maybe this could be your holiday job! Lots of places are looking for people to fill these spots at their stores and malls.
9. Sell your stuff to make extra money for Christmas.
There are many things you can do to make money by selling items. We all have extra things laying around that can be sold, or you can even search for items that can be bought and resold for a profit.
10. Help with holiday lights and decorate.
Cities, families, stores, etc. may be looking for places to help them decorate for the holidays. See if any place or anyone you know needs help hanging lights or anything else 🙂
What holiday jobs have you held so that you could make extra money for Christmas and other holidays? Have you thought about getting a job for the holidays to earn extra income?
EDIT on October 24, 2017: Here are some more ways to make extra cash for the holidays!
11. Sell stuff from around your home.
Probably one of the best ways to make money fast is to find items around your home to sell.
The average person has a lot of extra stuff in their life. Too many clothes, old electronics that have been tossed to the side (like old cell phones), appliances that have been replaced, books that will never be read again, useless furniture, gift cards that will never be used, and more.
If you’re wanting to learn how to make money this weekend, then looking around your house for things to sell may be a great way to do so.
Many people are hesitant to sell their stuff, and I’ve heard all the excuses:
- No one will pay for my junk.
- That item isn’t worth anything.
- It’s so much easier to just throw it away.
- I would look stupid if a thrift store says no to everything I am trying to sell to them.
- I don’t actually have anything to sell!
These excuses are easy to make, and many people do. However, if you want to make money this weekend, selling your stuff is definitely one of the easiest ways to do so.
Really, we all have things around the house we can sell, and there are many ways to sell your things. These include:
- Thrift stores – Some may pay on consignment, cash on the spot, or store credit. Taking your stuff to a thrift store will probably be the fastest way to sell things as they will likely offer you cash for whatever they can sell.
- eBay – This online auction site can be a great way to reach a larger market.
- Craigslist – Selling on this free site can be one of the easiest ways to make money fast, but be safe and don’t fall for any Craigslist scams.
- Garage/yard sale – This can be an easy way to sell a lot of things at once, plus you can do it all from your home. A downside is that the pay is usually lower.
- Facebook – There are specific groups on Facebook dedicated to selling items in your area. Facebook makes it SO easy to sell the stuff you no longer want.
12. Find one-time gigs.
There are many, many random one-time jobs that you can find in your local area, and Craigslist is a great place to look for them.
One great thing about these jobs is that you usually get paid before or right after you complete the work, which means that you can get paid the same day!
To find random gigs in your area, just go to Craigslist and find the “gigs” section.
Here are some jobs I found through a quick search:
- Remove yard debris
- Dirty house cleaner
- Transporting bricks
- Passing out flyers and brochures
- Kitchen cleaner
- Motorhome hauler
Here are screenshots of some of these easy to find Craigslist gigs:
These were all extremely easy things for me to find. It literally took me less than one minute to find several different gigs that were needed for the following day.
No, they won't make you rich in a weekend, but if you were to spend your weekend doing gigs like these, you'll most likely be able to make a few hundred dollars.
Related read on how to make money this weekend: How I Earned $655 From Random Craigslist Jobs
If you are new to my blog, I am all about finding ways to make and save more money. Here are some of my favorite sites and products that may help you out:
- Cut your TV bill. Cut your cable, satellite, etc. Even go as far to go without Netflix or Hulu as well. Buy a digital antenna (this is the one we have) and enjoy free TV for life.
- Start a blog. Blogging is how I make a living and just a few years ago I never thought it would be possible. I earn over $100,000 a month online through my blog and you can read more about this in my monthly online income reports. You can create your own blog here with my easy-to-use tutorial. You can start your blog for as low as $2.95 per month plus you get a free domain if you sign-up through my tutorial.
- Answer surveys. Survey companies I recommend include Survey Junkie, American Consumer Opinion, Pinecone Research, and Harris Poll Online. They’re free to join and free to use! You get paid to answer surveys and to test products. It’s best to sign up for as many as you can as that way you can receive the most surveys and make the most money.
- Sign up for a website like Ebates where you can earn CASH BACK for just spending like how you normally would online. The service is free too! Plus, when you sign up through my link, you also receive a free $10 cash back.
- Save money on food. I recently joined $5 Meal Plan in order to help me eat at home more and cut my food spending. It’s only $5 a month (the first two weeks are free too) and you get meal plans sent straight to you along with the exact shopping list you need in order to create the meals. Each meal costs around $2 per person or less. This allows you to save time because you won’t have to meal plan anymore, and it will save you money as well!
- Become an Uber or Lyft driver – Spending your spare time by driving others around can be a great money maker. Read more about this in my post – How To Become An Uber Or Lyft Driver. Click here to join Uber and start making money ASAP.
- Look for coupon codes. I search for coupon codes for everything. Today, I have two for you. I have a $20 Airbnb coupon code and a free taxi ride with Uber. Both are great services that I have personally used.
- I highly recommend Credible for student loan refinancing. You can lower the interest rate on your student loans significantly by using Credible which may help you shave thousands off your student loan bill over time.
- Use Swagbucks for your online searches. Swagbucks allows me to occasionally earn Amazon gift cards with very little work. Swagbucks is just like using Google to do your online searches, except you get rewarded “points called SB” for the things you do through their website. Then, when you have enough Swagbucks, you can redeem them for cash, gift cards, and more. You’ll receive a free $5 bonus just for signing up today!
- Try Digital Voice. Another one you may be interested in related to Swagbucks is Nielsen Digital Voice. Digital Voice is a part of Nielsen, which I’m sure you’ve heard of. All you have to do is surf the web and you may be able to start earning money.
- Try InboxDollars. InboxDollars is an online rewards website I recommend. You can earn cash by taking surveys, playing games, shopping online, searching the web, redeeming grocery coupons, and more. Also, by signing up through my link, you will receive $5.00 for free just for signing up!
- Find a part-time job. There are many part-time jobs that you may be able to find. You can find a job on sites such as Snagajob, Craigslist (yes, I’ve found a legitimate job through there before), Monster, and so on.
- Lower your cell phone bill. Instead of paying the $150 or more that you spend on your cell phone bill, there are companies out there like Republic Wireless that offer cell phone service starting at $10. YES, I SAID $15! If you use my Republic Wireless affiliate link, you can change your life and start saving thousands of dollars a year on your cell phone service. I created a full review on Republic Wireless as well if you are interested in hearing more. I’ve been using them for over a year and they are great.
- Rent an extra room in your home. If you have extra space in your home, then you may want to rent it out. Read A Complete Guide To Renting A Room For Extra Money.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and have learned about the many different ways to make extra money for Christmas and other holidays.
How To Start A Blog FREE Email Course
In this free course, I show you how to create a blog easily, from the technical side (it's easy - trust me!) all the way to earning your first income and attracting readers. Join now!