Do you want to become a proofreader? If so, you may be interested in learning about the most popular proofreading course out there – Proofread Anywhere.
In this Proofread Anywhere Review, I will help you learn everything that you can about this course so that you can decide if you should take it or not.
Proofreading is an in-demand job where you only need a laptop or tablet, an internet connection, and the skills to get started.
It’s a job where you can work at home or while traveling, and you get to choose your hours.
Learning how to proofread is a valuable skill that can open doors to a successful work-from-home career. Due to the increasing demand for online content, now is a great time to improve your proofreading abilities.
One popular way for improving your skills and starting a proofreading career is by taking the Proofread Anywhere course. In this article, we’ll talk about Proofread Anywhere, looking at what’s in the course, how it’s organized, the support available, and feedback from actual students.
If you’re looking for a quick Proofread Anywhere Review – Yes, I highly recommend taking this course if you are interested in learning how to become a proofreader. This course teaches you everything you need to know – from how to proofread and find mistakes all the way to finding proofreading jobs and building a successful career. The course is continually updated and it comes with lifetime access, which is amazing as well.
This free 76-minute workshop answers all of the most common questions about how to become a proofreader, and even talks about the 5 signs that proofreading could be a perfect fit for you.
- Proofread Anywhere is a comprehensive course that teaches the skills needed to make money proofreading.
- The course has an in-depth curriculum and a supportive community to help you succeed.
- Many real students have shared positive reviews of their experiences with Proofread Anywhere.
- Proofread Anywhere costs $697.
Proofread Anywhere Review
The below Proofread Anywhere Review will mainly be about their General Proofreading course – General Proofreading: Theory and Practice™ (GPTP).
What is proofreading?
Proofreading is the process of reviewing and checking a written document to find and correct errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting.
As a proofreader, your job is to make sure a piece of text is clear, concise, and free from mistakes, making it easier for the reader to understand and enjoy.
If you often find yourself catching typos on restaurant menus, in books, on TV, or elsewhere, then this may be a great job to look into.
Recommended reading: 16 Best Ways To Get Paid To Read Books
What is General Proofreading?
General Proofreading is the core course sold by Proofread Anywhere. It focuses on teaching the theory and practice of proofreading various types of documents, from books and blog posts to academic papers.
General proofreaders are in demand across many different industries and can be hired by individuals or organizations. This versatility is what makes general proofreading a valuable skill applicable to a wide range of jobs.
The course aims to equip people with the skills and knowledge needed to start a freelance proofreading career.
What is Proofread Anywhere?
Proofread Anywhere is a company that has online, self-paced courses all about how to become a proofreader and how to start a proofreading business.
The goal is to teach you the skills to start a successful freelance proofreading business from your own home. The courses are made easy to understand, and you don’t need any prior proofreading experience (they will teach you the skills that you need in the course!).
When you enroll in a Proofread Anywhere course, you’ll have access to important resources like course materials and a helpful student Facebook group.
The company was started by Caitlyn Pyle, and Proofread Anywhere teaches people the ins and outs of the proofreading business while offering valuable resources and a supportive community. The goal is to give you the knowledge, skills, and confidence you need to start a rewarding and flexible career as a professional proofreader.
The General Proofreading: Theory and PracticeTM course comes with:
- 80+ lessons in 10+ modules
- Bonus resource guides for all types of service-provider markets
- 40+ real-life example proofreading jobs
- 8 grammar-specific worksheets and workbook
- Pep talk videos from the course creator
- 100-question in-depth vocabulary quiz
- 3 case studies
- New and updated lessons
Who is Caitlin Pyle?
Caitlin Pyle is the founder of Proofread Anywhere. She’s an experienced proofreader who turned her skills into a successful freelance business.
Caitlin became a proofreader back in 2012 and made a great income with it. She was so passionate about proofreading that she started Proofread Anywhere as a blog back in 2014. It has since grown significantly!
She created Proofread Anywhere to share her expertise and help others find flexible, rewarding work-from-home opportunities. By providing accessible, high-quality training, Caitlin has already helped numerous students realize their freelance proofreading dreams.
You can read an interview that I did with Caitlin Pyle at How To Become A Proofreader And Work From Anywhere.
How much money do proofreaders make?
The amount of money you can make as a proofreader depends on things like your experience, speed, niche, and how much work you’re able to take on.
Proofreaders typically charge anywhere from $25 to $50 per hour, with some proofreaders earning even more. You can work part-time, work full-time, be self-employed, or be an employee for a business. So, the amount of money you can make will depend on that as well.
As you improve your proofreading skills and build your reputation in the industry, you can increase your rates and possibly earn a comfortable income working from home.
Many people and companies hire proofreaders and this can be a great way to grow your income and work from home.
Is Proofread Anywhere worth it?
If you are thinking about taking the Proofread Anywhere course, you’re probably wondering if it’s worth the time and money. I completely get it – you don’t want to waste your time or money after all.
I think that Proofread Anywhere is worth it, and I know several proofreaders who have gone through the course and now proofread.
Here are some reasons why taking the Proofread Anywhere course may be a great choice for you:
1. Helpful and educational lessons – Proofread Anywhere has two different courses: General Proofreading: Theory and Practice™ and Transcript Proofreading: Theory and Practice™. Both courses were created to give people the knowledge and skills they need in each of these proofreading areas. You will learn everything you need to know from start to finish, which is great!
2. Self-paced learning – You don’t have to worry about keeping up with a strict schedule, as the Proofread Anywhere courses are self-paced, which means that you can learn at your own comfort and convenience. This can be great if you have a busy lifestyle or if you simply prefer learning at your own pace. You can take the lessons at night, during the day, while watching your child, and so on.
3. Access to resources and support – Students of Proofread Anywhere receive resources like reference materials, quizzes, and practice worksheets (and these are amazing and so helpful!). There’s also a private Facebook group for students to share experiences, ask questions, find jobs, and more, which is very helpful.
4. Positive reviews – There are many positive reviews of Proofread Anywhere, and many students have said that the courses helped them improve their proofreading skills and even launch successful careers in the field.
5. Opportunities for growth – Completing a course from Proofread Anywhere not only improves your proofreading skills but can also open up new job opportunities. The skills you learn from these courses can be applied to many career paths, such as freelance proofreading, editing jobs, and more.
So, taking a Proofread Anywhere course can be a worthwhile decision for you if you’re looking to improve your proofreading skills and explore new career opportunities in this field.
How much does Proofread Anywhere cost?
Proofread Anywhere has two offerings – Ignite and Ignite Plus for the General Proofreading: Theory and PracticeTM course.
The Ignite package for Proofread Anywhere costs $697 and comes with lifetime access. This course teaches you how to become a proofreader and comes with all of the modules, a job board listing, bonuses, and more.
Ignite Plus costs $797 and includes everything in the Ignite package, plus a hand-graded exam (that will evaluate your aptitude and competence), certificate of completion, listing in the Self-Publishing School Preferred Outsourcer Rolodex, and membership in a separate marketing mastermind group for Proofread Anywhere general proofreaders.
Proofread Anywhere refund policy
Proofread Anywhere’s refund policy is 14 days long. If you are less than satisfied with your purchase, you can ask for a refund for any reason within 14 days of your purchase.
Pros and cons of Proofread Anywhere
Here are the pros and cons of the Proofread Anywhere General Proofreading Course:
- Thorough course content that covers proofreading basics and advanced techniques
- Clear, easy-to-understand lessons designed for students with different levels of experience
- Practical exercises and real-world examples that help you build your skills
- Access to an online community where you can ask questions and receive support from fellow students and course instructors
- Some students may find the course price to be a little high, especially if they are just starting their proofreading career.
- There might be a learning curve for those who are completely new to proofreading so that they can spot mistakes in content.
Proofread Anywhere has thorough courses for people interested in starting a proofreading career. The material is easy to understand, making it great for beginners to learn and grow their skills.
Proofread Anywhere course structure
The Proofread Anywhere course is organized and easy to follow, making it perfect for beginners looking to improve their proofreading skills.
Below, you will learn what is included in the Proofread Anywhere course as well as what you will learn.
This section will give you an overview of the course structure and a breakdown of the modules and lessons included.
Proofread Anywhere modules breakdown
The primary course offered by Proofread Anywhere is the General Proofreading: Theory and PracticeTM course.
This self-paced course comprises several modules, each containing lessons and video materials to help you grasp the concepts effectively. You’ll be able to learn at your own pace and make sure you thoroughly understand each topic before moving on to the next.
- Module 1: Introduction To General Proofreading – In this module, you will learn what proofreading is, the skills that are needed, and an overview of what a proofreader does.
- Module 2: Get into the Right Mindset – Here, you’ll learn about how to get into the success mindset, the different types of markets you can specialize in as a proofreader, and common terms used in the industry.
- Module 3: Proofreading Basics – This module goes over the most common errors that you need to look for. There are also practice worksheets to test yourself.
- Module 4: Proofreading Methods and Practice – This module will teach you the different types of proofreading methods.
- Module 5: Turning Proofreading into a Business – This module is everything you need to know about how to turn your proofreading skills into a business. You’ll learn how to create a resume and website, how to set your rates, how to build your experience, and more.
- Module 6: How To Find Clients – Here in this module, you will learn how to find clients.
- Module 7: Your Workflow Once You Get the Job – This module teaches you all about your workflow once you have secured a proofreading job. From how to send the bill to sending over your completed work, this is a very helpful set of lessons.
- Module 8: Getting the Most Out of the Freelancing Life – This lesson shows you how to structure your day, how to build confidence, and how to stay organized and productive as a freelance proofreader.
- Module 9: Wrap-up Lesson – This is the final module in the Proofread Anywhere course, and it is a wrap-up of everything that you’ve learned.
Within the modules, you will also learn:
- Grammar Refresher – This section covers grammar basics, including common myths and mistakes, parts of speech, pronouns, contractions, possessives, and verb forms. This equips you with the essential knowledge to become a professional proofreader.
- Sentence Structure – In this crucial module, you’ll grasp sentence structure, subjects, predicates, sentence fragments, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, order of adjectives, adverbial clause vs. participial clause, and “which” vs. “that,” along with dangling modifiers. Strengthen your understanding and abilities with the comprehensive practice worksheets.
- Spelling and Word Use for Proofreaders – You’ll be taught about different error types, typical typos, frequently misused words, handling numbers, American and British spelling differences, and capitalization – all important aspects for a proofreader. You’ll also get to practice with detailed worksheets and check your answers using provided keys.
- Punctuation Principles – You’ll learn about common punctuation errors, including when and how to use apostrophes, hyphens and compound words, en dashes vs. em dashes, commas and semicolons, as well as quotation marks and italics. This section also covers American and British punctuation distinctions and includes a vocabulary quiz.
The course includes practice exercises in each module. These are meant to help you use your proofreading skills in real-world situations. The exercises range in difficulty, allowing you to progress and become more confident. By completing these exercises, you’ll get practical experience that will ready you for your future proofreading career.
Proofread Anywhere bonuses
There are also many bonuses offered in Proofread Anywhere’s General Proofreading course, such as:
- “Look Better in Writing™ Handbook of Commonly Misused (and Abused!) Words” – This is a 57-page guide on words and terms that are easily mixed up and confused.
- “The Ultimate Freelancer Tax Guide” – This is a 19-chapter guide all about accounting, tax preparation, deductions, and more.
- “The Mindset Mastery Guide” – This is a guide on how to get over your fear of becoming a freelancer, how to see success, and more.
- “5 Mindset Shifts for Goal-Crushing Confidence” – This is a resource that will teach you how to become more confident.
Proofread Anywhere support and community
When taking a course, it’s always nice to know what the community is like.
As a Proofread Anywhere student, you will have access to a Facebook group dedicated to providing you a supportive and friendly community. These groups are designed for students to share their experiences, ask questions, and engage with others who are proofreaders.
In addition to the Facebook group, Proofread Anywhere has great customer support to address any concerns or issues you might be facing. You can reach out to their team when you need help.
By participating in the community and utilizing the available support channels, you are not only reinforcing your learning journey but also building a strong network of fellow proofreaders. This will help you stay connected, motivated, and successful in your proofreading career.
Proofread Anywhere real reviews
Looking for real Proofread Anywhere reviews?
My proofreader’s real review of Proofread Anywhere
I have a proofreader for this website, Making Sense of Cents. Jill Klein has been proofreading for several years, and she personally took a Proofread Anywhere course back in 2016. I asked her two questions:
1. Do you think that Proofread Anywhere helped you become a proofreader?
“As a kid, I was a word nerd who won lots of spelling bees. Little did I know that this would lead to building a proofreading business later in my life.
But it wouldn’t have happened without Proofread Anywhere.
I had a good foundation, and then PA came along and helped me build up my business by adding walls, bricks, windows, a roof, and more. Through the PA course, I was able to improve my skills and expand my knowledge.
I am constantly learning new things about running an editing business, and the learning journey all began with Proofread Anywhere.”
2. Would you recommend the course?
“I always recommend Proofread Anywhere to anyone who asks!
Even now, seven years later, I remember the high quality of the instruction. It was a very good curriculum with top-notch teaching.
The course I took was Transcript Proofreading, and it has served me well in my nonfiction niche of proofreading content like web copy, advertising materials, and book manuscripts.
Plus, the PA Certificate of Completion provided credibility to clients who asked to see training documentation.”
Many students who have enrolled in and graduated from the Proofread Anywhere course find it well worth the money. They like the easy-to-follow course structure, self-paced learning, and lifetime course access. Most of the online testimonials are positive experiences with the course.
Proofread Anywhere Trustpilot reviews
Proofread Anywhere has excellent reviews on Trustpilot, with a 4.6-star rating out of 61 total reviews. The majority of customers have given the course a 5-star rating, while only 5% of Proofread Anywhere reviews are negative.
Proofread Anywhere Better Business Bureau
Proofread Anywhere is not listed on the BBB. This isn’t a bad thing, though, as most businesses aren’t listed on the BBB anyway.
Proofread Anywhere negative reviews
As with any product or service, there are bound to be some negative reviews. A very small percentage of customers have rated Proofread Anywhere with 1-star reviews. However, it’s important to remember that the majority of students are happy with the course, and the overall rating remains high. So, when looking for a proofreading course, Proofread Anywhere could be the right choice for you.
Transcript Proofreading course
Proofread Anywhere has another popular course – their Transcript Proofreading course.
Proofread Anywhere’s Transcript Proofreading course is a great course to take if you want to go into transcript proofreading.
Transcript proofreading is when you are proofreading for court reporters in the legal industry.
Here’s what’s in this course:
- The Nuts & Bolts of Transcript Proofreading
- Transcript Formatting, Moving Parts, and Processes
- How to Use Technology and AI Tools to Proofread Transcripts
- Practice With Real-Life Transcripts to Develop Your Skills
- Effective Client Communication and Accounting
- How to Find Clients
There is a free training workshop you can take on how to become a transcript proofreader here.
Recommended reading: How To Become a Court Transcript Proofreader
Frequently Asked Questions About Proofread Anywhere
Below are common questions about Proofread Anywhere.
Is proofreading a legit business?
Yes, proofreading is a legitimate business. Many people and companies rely on professional proofreaders to make sure their written content is free of errors and ready for publication. Proofreaders work with a variety of content such as books, articles, and websites. By taking courses like Proofread Anywhere, you can improve your skills and increase your chances of success in the proofreading industry.
Is Proofread Anywhere real? Is Proofread Anywhere a scam?
Proofread Anywhere is a real and legitimate online platform selling courses to improve your proofreading skills and establish a proofreading business. It was created by Caitlin Pyle, an experienced proofreader and entrepreneur. The overwhelmingly positive online reviews and the large student Facebook group show the program’s quality and legitimacy.
What does the Proofread Anywhere course offer?
Proofread Anywhere has comprehensive online courses that train you in the art of proofreading. The courses not only give you necessary proofreading skills but also guide you on how to set up a freelance proofreading business.
How long does it take to complete the Proofread Anywhere course?
The average time to complete the Proofread Anywhere General Proofreading course is under one month.
The time it takes to complete the Proofread Anywhere course will vary, though, depending on your individual learning pace and time commitment. The course is self-paced, so you can go as fast or slow as you would like. Some students may finish the course faster, while others may take more time to digest the material and practice the techniques.
Remember, you have lifetime access to the course as well!
Can you really make money proofreading? How much money can you make after taking Proofread Anywhere?
Yes, you can make money as a proofreader. However, like any freelancing work, your income will depend on various factors such as your experience, expertise, and the demand for your services. After completing the Proofread Anywhere course and gaining some experience in the field, you can potentially earn a steady income from proofreading work. The exact amount will depend on your personal success in finding clients and projects.
What kind of support can I expect after completing the Proofread Anywhere course?
After completing the course, students have access to several support resources, such as an online community for help and networking as well as finding proofreading job leads. Also, there is lifetime access to course updates.
Is there a Proofread Anywhere coupon code?
There might be Proofread Anywhere coupon codes or discounts available at certain periods. To get the latest information on promotions, it’s a good idea to keep an eye on the official Proofread Anywhere website and their social media channels. Also, if you sign up for the free training workshop, there is a very good chance that you will get a discount as well (highly recommend doing this as the free training is very helpful).
What is transcript proofreading?
Transcript proofreading is the process of reviewing and correcting written transcripts, which are records of spoken events such as interviews, speeches, or legal proceedings. A transcript proofreader checks accuracy and consistency, correcting errors in grammar, punctuation, spelling, and formatting. This specialized skill set usually requires extra training, and Proofread Anywhere offers a course focused specifically on transcript proofreading called Transcript Proofreading: Theory and Practice™, to help you develop these skills.
Proofread Anywhere Review – Summary
I hope you enjoyed this Proofread Anywhere review.
Proofread Anywhere is a very helpful online course designed to train you in the art of proofreading so you can transform this skill into a full-time or side income. Whether you want to make extra income or start a full-time business, this course aims to equip you with every necessary skill for spotting errors in documents and providing quality feedback.
Here’s a quick Proofread Anywhere review:
- This is an in-depth course covering all aspects of how to become a proofreader.
- There is a supportive community and there are resources for continuous learning.
- The course helps in improving proofreading skills, in case you are new.
- There are lots of practice questions so that you can spot mistakes once you start proofreading.
The course is extremely helpful and I think it’s a great choice for anyone who wants to become a proofreader.
Don’t forget, there is a free workshop where you can learn how to become a proofreader. You can sign up for free here.
What other questions do you have for my Proofread Anywhere Review? Are you interested in becoming a proofreader?
This free 76-minute workshop answers all of the most common questions about how to become a proofreader, and even talks about the 5 signs that proofreading could be a perfect fit for you.