If you are looking for the best online jobs for teens, then you have come to the right place. Here are the best online jobs for teenagers, even if you have no experience.
There are many ways to make money online, and as a teenager, you may be interested in learning how you can as well.
Whether you are 13 years old or 19 years old, there are many different legitimate online jobs for teens that you may be interested in learning more about.
- 16 Best Online Jobs For College Students
- 20 Of The Best Entry Level Work From Home Jobs
- 15 Outdoor Jobs For People Who Love Being Outside
- 20+ Best Jobs That Pay $20 An Hour Or More
Online Jobs For Teens
There are many online jobs for teens listed below. If you want to skip the list, here are some virtual jobs for teens that you may want to start learning more about first:
- Best way to freelance – Online tutoring
- Best way to be your own boss – Blogging
- Top passive income choice – Sell printables on Etsy
- Job where you can get paid fast – Flea market flipping
Start a website
While I was around 21 years old when I started my blog, I know of a few people who started theirs as teenagers.
A blog can be a great online job to start when you’re young, as you can decide how to build your blog, how you earn an income, and the schedule you put toward it.
Blogging has allowed me to travel full-time, work from home, have a flexible schedule, earn a high income, and love what I do.
You can easily learn how to start a blog with my free How To Create a Blog Course.
Here’s a quick outline of what you will learn:
- Day 1: Why you should start a blog today
- Day 2: What topic to blog about
- Day 3: Tutorial on how to start a blog on WordPress
- Day 4: How to make money with your blog
- Day 5: How to make passive income on your blog
- Day 6: How to get pageviews to your blog
- Day 7: Tips to see success with your blog
Out of all of these online jobs for teens, blogging is by far my favorite. It does take a little more time to start making money, but it’s very flexible and fits with any kind of schedule.
Create a TikTok account
You have most likely heard of TikTok.
There are over 1.5 billion users on TikTok, and many people are able to earn an income on this social media platform doing many different things.
From personal finance tips to comedy, day in the life to travel, and more, there are many different topics you can cover on your own TikTok account through making social media content.
If you want to learn how to make money online for teens, this is a fun one.
You can learn more at How I Make Money On TikTok – How I Grew To 350,000 Followers and Made $60,000 In 6 Weeks.
Begin a YouTube channel
Everyone has heard of YouTube, and pretty much everyone has watched at least one YouTube video in their life.
In fact, according to YouTube, there are over 2 billion people who watch at least one video on YouTube each month.
Many people have goals of starting a YouTube channel and making money, but not many people ever actually start.
You can learn more at How I Grew From 0 Subscribers To Over $100,000 On YouTube In Less Than One Year.
Resell items online
If you are looking for a flexible job as a teenager, one to look into may be reselling items online, such as on Craigslist, eBay, or Facebook Marketplace. There are many other online marketplaces as well.
Plus, it’s something that anyone can start because many of us own things that we could probably sell.
And, there are always things that you can buy for a low price and possibly resell for a profit. Or, you may even be able to find free things that people are throwing away and sell that as well.
This is such a profitable idea that my friend was able to make $133,000 in one year through buy-and-sell flipping and with working only 10-20 hours per week.
Since then, they have turned this into an even bigger and more profitable business!
Some of the best items that they’ve resold include:
- Something they bought for $10 and flipped for $200 just 6 minutes later
- A security tower they bought for $6,200 and flipped for $25,000 just one month later
- A prosthetic leg that they bought for $30 at a flea market and sold for $1,000 on eBay the very next day
- A lift that they found in the trash (and asked the owner for permission to take) that they sold online for $7,500
You can learn more at How I Made $40,000 In One Year Flipping Items.
They also have a helpful free webinar, Turn Your Passion For Visiting Thrift Stores, Yard Sales & Flea Markets Into A Profitable Reselling Business In As Little As 14 Days. I recommend checking it out.
Sell printables on Etsy
If you are looking for a way to make money at home and be your own boss, then creating printables may be for you.
A printable is a digital product that can be downloaded and printed at home. You make them once and then sell them on a website such as Etsy for people to buy. You wouldn’t have to print anything, instead, you are simply selling the download.
Items such as grocery shopping checklists, weekly meal plans that someone puts on their fridge, gift tags, and quotes to be framed are all printables.
This can be a great way to make money at home as a teenager because you create one digital file download per product, and you can then sell them an unlimited amount of times.
You can sign up for this free ebook that helps you figure out where to start when it comes to selling printables on Etsy.
I recommend reading about this further at How I Make Money Selling Printables On Etsy to learn more about one of the best jobs for stay-at-home moms.
Note: Etsy account owners must be at least 18 years of age to sell on Etsy. If you are between the ages of 13 and 17, you can sell on Etsy if you have the appropriate permission and direct supervision of your parent or legal guardian. Your Etsy account must be registered with the parent or legal guardian’s information.
Create and sell stickers
Another fun way to make money online as a teenager is to sell stickers.
My friend started with no graphic design skills and didn’t even know how to create stickers when she first started. It’s something she learned as she went, and she now earns over $100,000 each year with her sticker business.
I interviewed her here on Making Sense of Cents and she answered questions such as:
- Do I need to be a graphic designer to make and sell stickers?
- Why do people buy stickers online?
- Do stickers sell well online?
- How much money can I make selling stickers as a small business idea?
You can head over to How To Make $1,000+ A Month Selling Stickers Online to read more.
Make Canva templates
Canva is an online graphic design website. On Canva, you can sell premade designs to other Canva users so that they can edit and customize them.
Some examples of Canva templates include ebooks, workbooks, Pinterest pins, and more.
Creating Canva templates can be a great way to make extra money because you just need to create them once, and you can sell them an unlimited amount of times.
People all around the world use Canva to help with the graphic design side of their business, and templates make their lives so much easier.
Working just a few hours a week, I know someone who is able to earn $2,000 each month from selling Canva templates from home.
Do you have questions such as:
- What is a Canva template and what is Canva?
- Why would someone buy Canva templates? What is the benefit?
- I have no tech skills, can I still create and sell Canva templates?
You can head to this article to learn more at How I Make $2,000+ Monthly Selling Canva Templates.
Voice over acting
Voice-over actors are of all ages, and you probably hear them all the time!
A voice-over actor is the person you hear but usually do not see on radio ads, YouTube videos, documentaries, e-learning courses, audiobooks, TV commercials, video games, movies, and cartoons.
This job doesn’t require previous experience or special skills – you just need to have the voice the company is looking for.
You can learn more about how to become a voice-over actor at How To Become A Voice Over Actor.
Answer online surveys
Not too long ago, one of the ways I made extra money to pay off my student loan debt was by answering paid online surveys.
You will not get rich from taking surveys, but it can help you to earn a little bit of extra money in some of the spare minutes that you may have throughout the day. Plus, you may get free items occasionally to review as well.
Companies will pay you to take surveys because they want to see what people think of their product and their company. They seek out real opinions from real people.
Here are some of the survey companies that are open to teenagers (along with their minimum age requirements):
- American Consumer Opinion – Age minimum – 14 years old
- Survey Junkie – Age minimum – 12 years old
- MyPoints – Age minimum – 13 years old
- Branded Surveys – Age minimum – 16 years old
- Swagbucks – Age minimum – 13 years old
- InboxDollars – Age minimum – 12 years old
- Pinecone Research – Age minimum – 18 years old
- User Interviews – Age minimum – 16 years old
Some of the above will even pay you to review music, play video games, or test mobile apps as a part of their research.
Sell items on Amazon
We have all heard of Amazon.
It is a website full of items sold by people like you and me.
In the first year that my friend Jessica’s family ran their Amazon FBA business together, working less than 20 hours a week total, they made over $100,000 profit!
You can learn more by reading How To Make Money From Home Selling On Amazon, such as answers to questions like:
- How Jessica started selling on Amazon FBA
- What exactly Amazon FBA is
- How to choose what to buy and sell
- How much a person can expect to earn
- The positives of selling on Amazon, and more
Customer service support
If you are looking for a more traditional style of online job, such as working for someone else, then finding a customer service representative job may be something to look into. This way, you can start earning money right away, right after you get hired, instead of attempting to build a business.
There are many companies that hire for customer service support at home, even if you are young. Most will want you to be at least 16 years old or 18 years old to start.
As a customer service representative, you may be responsible for tasks such as:
- Answering questions from customers about a product
- Troubleshooting and helping with issues that a customer may have with a product
- Processing orders
- Assisting with returns
- Handling feedback and customer complaints
And so much more.
As a virtual assistant, you would be helping a person or small business owner with administrative and business tasks. You would be their assistant but working in your own home instead.
I have been a virtual assistant in the past, and I now have virtual assistants of my own. They are lifesavers!
You do not need to have previous experience in order to start as a virtual assistant, instead, you need to be willing to learn so that you can help a business run more smoothly.
Many, many people and companies are looking for virtual assistants, as they play such an important role.
As a virtual assistant, you may be able to start at around $15-$20 an hour, or even much more. This will depend on the type of work you are providing, the experience that you have, the field you will be working in, and more. As a full-time virtual assistant, you may be able to earn over $10,000 a month once you gain experience.
As a virtual assistant, you may be doing tasks such as:
- Managing a company’s social media accounts, such as by being their social media manager
- Managing a person or company’s calendar
- Scheduling appointments or travel
- Creating or assisting with slideshows or presentations
- Email management
- Communicating with clients or customers
And so much more.
Different companies and employers will need different work to be done – it simply depends on who you will be working for and what they need to be completed.
You can learn more at How I Earn $10,000 Per Month From Home as a Virtual Assistant.
Start an online store
I feel like so many young adults are starting online stores, and it completely makes sense.
It’s something you can do from home, and there are ways to do it that don’t involve storing inventory or taking up a large amount of your valuable time.
Plus, you can make extra cash or even a full-time income.
And, there are so many different things that you can sell online.
From pet items, skincare, fitness products, subscription boxes, and accessories, to clothing, crafts, and more, the list is endless.
You can learn more about this topic at How I Make Over $10,000 Monthly With My Online Store In Less Than 10 Hours Per Week.
Write an ebook
Yes, you may be able to make extra money as a teenager by writing an ebook, and you can do it all from your home.
Anyone can write an ebook, no matter how young you may be.
There are many different genres that you can choose from, such as fantasy, fiction, nonfiction, mystery, and more.
If this is one of the online jobs for teens you’d like to learn more about, read How I Make $200 Each Day In Book Sales.
Find online tutoring jobs
Are you looking for a flexible side hustle as an online tutor?
If there is a subject that you are knowledgeable in, such as math, English, science, etc., then you may want to see if you can find students that you can tutor.
To become an online tutor, you can simply create a tutor profile on a tutoring platform, create a listing on Fiverr, reach out to people that you know, and more.
Becoming a freelance writer can be a great online job for teens because there is a growing number of jobs out there for freelance writers, and many people start with no previous experience.
A freelance writer is someone who writes for a number of different clients, such as a website, blog, magazine, and more.
If you have a passion for reading and often find mistakes in written content, then you may want to learn how to become a proofreader.
Freelance proofreading is a flexible and detail-oriented job that only requires a laptop or tablet, an internet connection, grammar skills, and a good eye for finding mistakes.
Proofreaders look for punctuation mistakes, grammar, misspelled words, lack of consistency, and formatting errors.
If you want to find online proofreading jobs, I recommend watching this free 76-minute workshop all about how to get started proofreading.
Recommended reading: 20 Best Online Proofreading Jobs For Beginners (Earn $40,000+ A Year).
Tips for online jobs for teens
Below, I want to share some tips for you on how to manage an online job for high schoolers. Having an online job as a teenager means that you may have some questions, such as how to avoid scams, how to balance school and work, how to open a PayPal account when you are underage, and more.
How to avoid online job scams
While there are many, many legitimate online jobs for teens, there are scams as well. Due to that, I want to share my best tips so that you can avoid scams but still find an online gig.
Some of my tips to avoid scams:
- Research the company and the position to make sure they are real and a company that you would like to work for.
- Search on the Better Business Bureau to learn more about the company and read their reviews.
- Research the company online to see if there are any mentions of it being a scam. I like to type in “Company name + Scam” into a search engine and see what pops up.
- Always be careful if the company asks you to pay money.
- Before you give out any personal information, such as your social security number, you should make sure it is a real job that they are offering you.
- Search the Federal Trade Commission and see if they have any press releases or articles about work-from-home job scams that they may have found.
- Never click on any links or download anything in a suspicious email.
And, always trust your instincts! If something seems fishy, then trust yourself. There are always other jobs out there – do not feel like you have to take one that you are unsure about.
Simply move on and look for another opportunity that fits you.
Frequently Asked Questions About Online Jobs for teenagers
Below are common questions about online jobs for high schoolers.
How can a student work from home?
If you are a teenager, then you may still be in school. If you are trying to manage school and find a way to make money, then I do want to share some of my best tips.
After all, I have been in your shoes!
Working and going to school can be tough to manage.
Below is my advice for balancing both:
- Realize what your motivation is for balancing both school and having a job. This is important because at times it will be hard to manage both, and thinking about why you are making yourself so busy can help to keep you motivated. You may even want to create a vision board so that you can look at it whenever things are tough so that you can easily remember what you are working towards.
- Carefully plan out your school and work schedule. To balance school and work, then I recommend creating a carefully planned out schedule. This mainly only applies if you are in college or if you have control over the hours in your school day. This may include researching when the classes you need are offered and start trying to eliminate any gaps that may fall between your classes. Having an hour or two break between each class can quickly add up.
- Bulk up your class days. If you think you can do it without overtiring yourself, then you may want to have as many classes together as possible in one day so that you are not constantly having to drive back and forth between school, work, and home.
- Have a to-do list. I live and breathe by my to-do list. It helps me to not forget anything and to quickly realize that I have something to do (so I should stop procrastinating!).
Please head to 9 Ways To Successfully Balance School And Work to learn more.
How to open a PayPal account when you are a teenager?
If you are under the age of 18, then you will need a parent or a legal guardian to open a PayPal account. They would be the primary account holder, and you would simply be doing transactions through their account.
So, this means that you want to choose someone that you trust as they will have full access to the money that you are earning and is being transferred to your PayPal account.
How old do you have to be to work an online job? Can I work from home at 15? How can I make money at 17 without a job?
The age will vary depending on the job that you are looking to get.
How do you get paid with an online job for teens?
The way that you will get paid will depend on what you are doing.
If you are taking paid online surveys, for example, then you may get paid in rewards, a gift card, or even PayPal or check.
For more traditional jobs and gigs, you may be getting a paycheck every two weeks. If you are working for yourself, then you may be getting paid directly to your bank account.
How can I make money online as a teenager?
There are many ways to make money as a teenager, as you learned above. These include:
- TikTok creator
- Printables creator
- Sticker maker
- Canva templates designer
- Voice-over actor
- Survey taker
- Amazon seller
- Customer service representative
- Virtual assistant
- Online store owner
- Freelance writer
And the list goes on and on!
Whether you are looking to make extra cash or if you are looking for a full-time job, there are many ways for you to earn money as a teenager.
Lastly, my final piece of advice is to make sure that your parents are informed of what you are doing. For your safety, I highly recommend telling your parents about your online job and keeping them updated about what is going on and if there are any changes.
Are you looking for the best online jobs for teens?