Hey everyone! Happy Monday. I had a nice 4 day weekend and I'm sad that it's over already.
I hope everyone had an awesome 4th of July also. We had a small BBQ at our house with some friends and then went to watch fireworks. It was all a lot of fun.
Engagement photos will be on the blog this Wednesday, so I hope you all come back for those. I LOVE our pictures, and I can't believe how awesome they are. Haha it's probably all in my head, but I don't care!
Me and W have been together for over 7 years (and lived together for over 6) and we have very few photos of us together (less than 10 before these engagement photos), so it is something that I am not very used to. My picture collection before these consisted of a lot of photos of our dogs…
I'll have a student loan update tomorrow most likely. It will be a post all on its own and is very exciting! I'm sure all of you can guess what it will say, but just wait! It definitely deserves more than just a little blurb in this post 🙂
We did do some spending in the past week. Well, a lot of spending. On Sunday we bought 2 bikes and a bike rack for the Jeep. We spent a decent amount of money since we wanted to buy quality. No, we did not buy bikes that cost $2,000 a piece, but we also didn't go super cheap. In my head I just cannot justify buying a $2K bike right now, especially since I haven't rode a bike since I was a kid. How much was/is your bike?
We are super excited about them though. We have been wanting bikes for a while. We went on two rides yesterday and they were nice. Our butts do hurt a tad though…
Extra Income (does not include income from our main jobs)
Extra income was good last week, especially since last week was a holiday week. I can't stop thinking about last month's income and I'm really hoping that it just wasn't a fluke!
It will be really hard giving up my day job income, so having my side hustle income at a certain level is very important to me. I know that this probably sounds dumb to most, since my side hustle income is at a relatively high level. However, I did get accustomed to the stability of my day job income, and that is something that will take getting used to once the day comes.
Since last week was a 4 day weekend for me, I did have a little time to pretend that I was 100% self-employed.
It was much more enjoyable than my normal week at work, and I loved it. However, it was also a very slow week because it was a long holiday weekend.
It got me thinking that once I do make the full-time switch that I will have so much time leftover every single day since I won't be working 50 hours a week and commuting and getting ready each week for 10 hours altogether also. I will have around 60 hours of additional time in my life each week. I'm unsure if I will want to fill those up right away with additional hustles, or take the time to enjoy myself.
I know that eventually I will find myself doing additional hustles in order to fill up more time, and eventually make some of these more “passive,” but I'm still unsure of what I will do. I work a decent amount on my side hustles currently, but I do know that when more people switch to the self-employed life that they find themselves working 24/7.
What would you do? Would you fill some of the time with additional hustles or enjoy yourself? What's the first thing that you would do with your extra time? Is there a limit to how much money you want/need to make in order to be happy?
Posts from my blog:
- $10,192 in June Extra Income – Side Hustles – June was an awesome month for me. I'm not sure if I can do the same this month, but here's to hoping!
- Make Extra Monthly with Offline Side Hustles – Side hustles were definitely talked about on my blog a lot last week. What about offline side hustles? Do you have any?
- June Goals and Life Update – This is my monthly goals update.
- $480 Giveaway – I had a giveaway on my blog last week. It's still live. Be sure to enter!
Link love (there's definitely a theme to the posts below):
- Is working from home becoming the norm? Budget Blonde – It definitely seems like a lot of people in the blog world work from home. Do you work from home?
- Thoughts after six months of blogging My FI Journey – Congrats on 6 months! Not a lot of bloggers make it to this point
- Pitfalls on working from home Frugal Rules – I'm suuuuper excited to work from home.
- Trench notes – One month of freedom Cordelia Calls it Quits – WOOHOOOO!
- Juicing Recipes plus tips and tricks Club Thrifty – I've never really even thought about juicing before recently, but it has definitely been on my mind lately. It seems like a lot of bloggers are talking about it.
- I was also interviewed at Shop at Home. Check out my interview!
I definitely did not do too great with being healthy in the past week. Oh do I have so many excuses that are just plain stupid. I need to get back into it! Now that we have bikes, I do think we will be more active. I mean, that is why we bought them!
I already have my lunch meal plan for the week planned for and bought, so I do think that will help. I have fallen off my normal planning for our weekly meal plans, and I need to change that.
Have you been doing well with your extra income, spending and being healthy?
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: