Hey everyone! I have a giveaway for an iPad Mini and cash starting tomorrow on my blog, so make sure you come back. And yes, you read that correctly, I made $3,700 in extra income in the month of October! I didn’t think I was going to beat the $3,275 that I made in September, but I did WOOHOO.
October was good for us. We stayed under budget even though we bought some extra things for ourselves. I love that it’s finally November. The holidays put me in a great mood and I LOOOOVE decorating 🙂 Work is going great for me, and W is still loving his job. WOOHOO
You can find my 2012 yearly goals update here.
October Goals Update
- Cut my food budget down to $500. PASS! We’ve been doing really good with this! We did eat out a bit, but it wasn’t more than what our entertainment budget is.
- Workout at least 4 times a week and lose 3 pounds. FAIL. I actually gained 2 pounds. BOO!
- Make an extra $1,500 this month. PASS PASS PASS! I made $3,700. See above.
- Do all of the house stuff from last month that I did not do. FAIL. I did some, but not enough. We still need to get carpet. I priced it out, now I just need them to come in and measure our living room. I also am looking for a new dining room table and wall decor to put in the dining room.
- Find an awesome Halloween costume. FAIL. I just wore one that I had from a previous year. I did save lots of money on it.
- Plan a girls trip to KC to see a friend. FAIL. AHH so many fails yet again!
- Keep our food budget down to $500. Our goal is to continue eating at home Monday through Friday.
- Workout at least 3 times a week and lose 3 pounds. Wish me luck.
- Make an extra $2,000 this month. I increased this by $500 since I seem to be beating my goal like crazy. I also plan on starting to work on affiliate income streams as well. Do you have affiliate income? What are your sources? Tell me everything and anything about it!
- Start decorating the dining room. I pretty much know exactly what I want. I’m just waiting for a good deal on the exact one I want (haven’t found that yet). I’m tired of the dining set we have now and want a new style.
- Finally GET CARPET MICHELLE. This is something that I’ve been putting off for about 3 years. So if any of you are tired of me saying this, I am sorry. Have any of you gotten carpet recently? How did you bargain?
- Spend no more than $50 on clothes. I’m really trying not to buy anything, but I’m putting $50 just in case there is something that I just absolutely need to buy. Anyone else really trying to cut back on their clothing spending?
Blog Goals (I’m not focused on numbers, but it is interesting to see where I’m going).
- Twitter Followers: Goal was for 350 and I’m currently at 1,460. I’m hoping to get 1,600.
- Alexa rank: Goal was to be under 90,000. And I’m finally starting to drop. I’m currently at 79,000. I noticed that right after I switched to WordPress that it started dropping quickly. Does anyone know why this could be? My goal for November is to be at 70,000.
- Guest post at least 2 times this month. I’m pretty sure this is a fail because I can’t think of any guests posts that I did.
Extra Monthly Income in September
- Online Income (this includes staff writing, and is after all fees) – $3,054
- Selling Clothes – $0
- Miscellaneous – $300
- Mystery Shopping – $21
- Rent – $325
So I made $3,700 extra last month!
How did you do in October? Any extra income?
Join the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom.