The following NerdWallet Review is a sponsored partnership with NerdWallet. All opinions are 100% my own.
Welcome to my NerdWallet review!
Are you looking for another personal finance website that will help you learn how to manage your money better?
NerdWallet started out as a personal finance website back in 2009 with the goal of helping consumers make better personal finance decisions.
Today, I want to talk more about NerdWallet, and even introduce you to them if you are not familiar with their website.
Some of the topics that I will talk about today include:
- What is NerdWallet?
- What are areas that NerdWallet helps readers with?
- How does NerdWallet make money?
- Is NerdWallet safe?
- Is NerdWallet legit?
NerdWallet helps consumers learn about saving money, investing their money, mortgages, student loans, insurance, credit cards, and more with the aim of helping readers learn how to grow their money, discover financial products that fit their needs, and manage their money better.
NerdWallet’s mission is to help consumers make smart money decisions.
Related content: NerdWallet App Review – A Super Helpful Money Managing App
Here is my NerdWallet review.
What is NerdWallet?
NerdWallet is an American personal finance company that was founded in 2009 by Tim Chen and Jacob Gibson. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and employs more than 600 employees.
Tim Chen started NerdWallet after his sister asked for his assistance finding the best credit card for her. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, Tim found it difficult to find the best recommendation for her.
In order to review all of the available options for his sister, he put all of the credit card information he researched into a spreadsheet, and from there NerdWallet’s first credit cards tool was built.
On the NerdWallet website and NerdWallet app, the website helps readers learn how to save money, invest money, obtain a mortgage, learn about student loans, get insurance, find the best credit cards, and more.
The NerdWallet website also contains articles and tools to help readers make financial decisions with confidence and keep tabs on all their finances and credit score in one place.
What are areas that NerdWallet helps readers with?
NerdWallet helps consumers in many different financial areas so that they can make the best financial decisions. Some areas include:
- Credit cards – NerdWallet helps consumers find the best credit card by providing research on different credit cards. You can compare credit cards, link your credit card accounts to receive recommendations on what card would be the best for you, and more.
- House shopping – If you are trying to buy a house, NerdWallet will help you find a mortgage lender that’s right for you. They have many in-depth reviews to help guide you with your decision.
- Savings – NerdWallet has researched many different financial institutions so that you can make the most of your savings.
- Guides and tips – The NerdWallet website is full of extremely helpful articles, such as how to budget, understanding insurance, learning how to complete your FAFSA, first-time home buyer tips, how much to save for retirement, how to open a bank account, and more.
How does NerdWallet make money?
NerdWallet makes money through the products they review and write about.
When NerdWallet matches you with a financial product, they make money, and you get matched with one or more products that could be right for you.
For example, if a reader clicks a link from NerdWallet’s site and is then approved for a product, NerdWallet may receive a referral fee from the financial company.
Is NerdWallet safe? Is NerdWallet reliable? How secure is NerdWallet?
Yes, NerdWallet is safe.
They are also a reliable site and app. I often use NerdWallet to learn more about financial topics that I am not familiar with, and have learned a lot over the years.
When it comes to protecting consumers’ information, NerdWallet does not store bank passwords or credentials.
NerdWallet uses industry-standard controls to keep personal information safe and secure.
Is NerdWallet legit?
Yes, NerdWallet is legitimate. It is a popular personal finance website that has helped many people make better financial decisions.
More than 77,000 consumers have given the NerdWallet app a 4.8 out of 5 star rating, and the website provides financial guidance to more than 100 million consumers each year.
I hope you enjoyed this NerdWallet review. Do you use NerdWallet?