My life isn't perfect and I understand that no one else's life is as well. Everyone has something that might make them sad, angry, scared, etc. and I understand that in some circumstances it can be quite difficult to see the positive.
However, no matter how bad life seems to be going for you, I believe that having a positive outlook on life and engaging in positive thinking exercises can change your life. Learning how to be positive can be a great thing as there are many benefits of positive thinking.
You're probably wondering “How does being positive relate to Making Sense of Cents?”
This is a topic I am discussing on my blog because being negative can impact many areas in a person's life.
Being negative can impact your finances in that you may never think you will get out of debt. Then, because of this you give up and let the debt keep piling up because you don't see a way out.
Being negative can impact your career because you may think that you are permanently stuck with a job you hate.
Being negative can make a person think they don't deserve certain things in life such as traveling, family, friends, fun, and so on.
The list goes on and on.
Due to the reasons above, I thought this topic would be perfect to talk about today. I believe that being positive can help improve your financial situation, your career situation, your life, and everything else.
Below are some of the many benefits of positive thinking.
Being positive can help motivate you in life.
The first of the many benefits of positive thinking is that it can help motivate you. It can motivate you in life because it can help you realize that you are in charge of your life.
If you are positive about things going on in your life, then you most likely will set goals for yourself and strive to achieve those goals. This is because you believe that good things are possible and that you are in charge of your destiny.
By being positive, you will hopefully feel more motivated to get out of debt, to find your dream job, to travel the world, or to do whatever else in life that you want to do.
Being positive will help you stop fretting about the past.
If you have a positive mindset, that means you are no longer dwelling on the past. You will realize that you cannot change the past, and all you can do is realize what happened and how you can improve for the future.
Dwelling on the past will get you no where in life and all you are doing is wasting your time. Instead, make positive changes and learn for the future.
Being positive can change your outlook on life.
Being negative can limit yourself and your abilities greatly. If you think you cannot do something, then you most likely will not. Negative thoughts can make you feel stuck, they can make you feel like there is no way out of your problem, and that you have no options.
This is why you should stop acting negative and be more positive instead.
Being positive can help you realize that you are able to do things. Being positive will help you realize that you are in control of your life. Being positive will help you realize that little things in life will not kill you. Being positive will also help you move on and deal with stressful situations better.
Everything in your life will be impacted if you choose to live more optimistically.
How to be positive with positive thinking exercises.
Here are my positive thinking exercises so you can learn how to be positive today:
- Instead of saying “I can't,” say “I can!”
- Smile more. Smiling is contagious! Studies have also proven that smiling can improve your mood as well. Even if you have to force a smile, just do it.
- Be optimistic. This is one of the positive thinking exercises that you must do no matter what. No matter how bad things are, you should try to think about the positive things going on in your life. Think about how you can improve your life and how you are in charge.
- Be thankful for what you have.
- Don't try to keep up with others or compare yourself to others in a negative way. Yes, you can use others as motivation as long as it's what you truly want.
- Remember you are in control of your life. If you are unhappy at your job, then do something about it. If you are unhappy about your finance situation, then change your situation.
- Forget about regret. Regret doesn't get you anywhere in life and this is an important step when learning how to be positive in life.
- Do nice things for others. You'll help someone else be more positive and you'll be helping yourself as well. This can mean carrying someone's groceries, saying hello to strangers, volunteering somewhere, and more.
Do you believe in the benefits of positive thinking? Why or why not? What positive thinking exercises do you do?
Join the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom.