We have been loving our cruise vacation so far. Many have asked us how to get a cruise for free, how to get a cruise for cheap, or how to go on a free Carnival cruise, and we will be talking about that today. P.S. I also have coupon codes for Airbnb and taxi services, so continue reading!
We're on Day 3 of our cruise, and we are loving it. We still have 5 full days and nights left on our cruise. We have found that a cruise is a great way to have a true “vacation.”
You just hop on a ship (ahhh don't call it a boat – people get mad! 🙂 ), relax, eat and drink a lot, it takes you to ports, and it is just overall very relaxing. We have had a lot of fun so far just sitting on our balcony and watching the water.
Yes, I know, we are new to cruising but we have already learned so much.
I am the type of person who researches a vacation like crazy before going on it, so you can bet that I read cruising forums and articles for many, many days until I felt like I have been cruising several times before.
Since I told friends and family that we were going on a cruise, I have had many people ask me about the costs of going on one.
- 75+ Ways To Make Extra Money
- 30+ Ways To Save Money Each Month
- 8 Things To Sell Each Month
- How I Make $90,000 A Month Blogging
- How To Start and Launch a Money Making Blog Free Course
There are many different types of cruises out there. There are expensive round-the-world cruises, or there are cheap ones that are a few days long. There are interior rooms and then there are also large suites that are multiple floors. It all depends on you, where you want to go, and what you care about in a stateroom. Outside of the stateroom, all guests pretty much enjoy the same exact services, so the amount of money you spend all depends on what room you want to choose.
I have seen one night cruises for $50 per person and two-night cruises for $99. I have also seen 3 and 4-day Caribbean cruises in an interior room go for $129 per person (yes, that includes food and basic drinks!), not including port fees or taxes. Depending on when you book, you may even be able to book a balcony room for just a few more dollars.
If you do one or a combination of the options below, it could be easy to get your cruise for cheap or even near FREE. Who doesn't like free?
Here are a few quick ways to save on your next cruise vacation:
- Book very early or book very late. Many times, cruises will give early bookers a great deal. They will sometimes match the lowest price and give you a discount if you book early and the price ends up dropping later on. Also, if you book late (like 3 weeks beforehand), they will sometimes offer great deals to fill up the remaining staterooms. This can be a great way to save money on your next cruise. If you get your ticket at a low enough price, you may even have enough rewards points to get your cruise for free.
- Bring your own drinks. On some cruise ships, you are able to bring your own drinks. On ours, I brought two bottles of wine and a jug of water with no problem. I didn't have to hide anything and I openly told them I had it. Royal Caribbean allows two bottles of wine per stateroom (not per person). I do not recommend sneaking drinks on. Security checked my water jug very hard and even made me open it so that they could smell it! I had to make a promise that it was water. And it was! I still don't think they believed me, though. If you do want to try sneaking drinks on, I've heard great reviews about this product on Amazon.
- Look for drink specials. Each day on our cruise, there is an alcoholic drink special.
- Watch the extra costs. There are tons of ways to spend extra money when cruising. However, there are probably already plenty of things to enjoy on your cruise ship that don't cost a thing.
- Look for free events. There have been a few events already where they offer free appetizers and drinks, such as at an art auction.
- Don't forget to read your daily cruising guide. I have been reading ours like crazy each day already. In each one, they list the happy hours, free events and more.
- Wait to shop until you are nearing the end of your cruise. Towards the end, things start getting cheaper and cheaper. If you want to shop, try waiting until the last day.
- Find a cheap rental if you plan on staying somewhere before or after your cruise vacation. I have a $25 Airbnb coupon code that you can find right here. If you would rather stay in a hotel, Booking.com is a cheap hotel website as well.
- If you need a taxi, look into Uber. Uber is a great car service, and if you click on my link then you will get your first taxi ride for FREE!
- Use budget airlines to save on your airfare.
Now, if you are looking to save money on your cruise, you could try one or even ALL of the options below (yes, there are affiliate links below, but they are all safe and I use most of the options below). You may have to accrue the exact amount of points that you need, or you may be able to split up your transactions.
Use your Southwest card to get a cruise for cheap or free.
I used my Southwest card to get another free flight for this cruise. There are many cruise ships that leave from Port Everglades, which is only around 5 miles from the Fort Lauderdale airport.
Apply for the Carnival MasterCard to get a cruise for cheap or free.
You can earn a $100 redemption of your next cruise with the Carnival MasterCard.
This isn't the best rewards credit card out there right now, but there is a no annual fee, so you can save some money easily with this credit card.
You will earn 5,000 bonus points when you use your card for the first time and you can earn an extra 5,000 points when you transfer a balance of $5,000 or more within the first 30 days of opening this credit card. There is also a 0% APR on all purchases for the first 12 months after opening the Carnival MasterCard.
Apply for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®.
This is a card that I love and I'm always telling others about. You can read my full article here, but below is a quick summary.
All you do after you earn your points is book the travel that you want. You then can redeem your miles for a travel statement credit. It's really that easy!
Have you been on a cruise before? What about a free Carnival cruise? What do you think of them? What's your next vacation?
If you are new to my blog, I am all about finding ways to make and save more money. Here are some of my favorite sites and products that may help you out:
- Start a blog. Blogging is how I make a living and just a few years ago I never thought it would be possible. I earn over $70,000 a month online through my blog and you can read more about this in my monthly online income reports. You can create your own blog here with my easy-to-use tutorial. You can start your blog for as low as $3.49 per month plus you get a free domain if you sign-up through my tutorial.
- Sign up for a website like Ebates where you can earn CASH BACK for just spending like how you normally would online. The service is free too! Plus, when you sign up through my link, you also receive a free $10 gift card bonus to Macys, Walmart, Target, or Kohls!
- Answer surveys. Survey companies I recommend include Survey Junkie, Swagbucks, American Consumer Opinion, Clear Voice Surveys, VIP Voice, ProOpinion, YouGov, Pinecone Research, and Harris Poll Online. They’re free to join and free to use! You get paid to answer surveys and to test products. It’s best to sign up for as many as you can as that way you can receive the most surveys and make the most money.
- Save money on food. I recently joined $5 Meal Plan in order to help me eat at home more and cut my food spending. It’s only $5 a month (the first two weeks are free too) and you get meal plans sent straight to you along with the exact shopping list you need in order to create the meals. Each meal costs around $2 per person or less. This allows you to save time because you won’t have to meal plan anymore, and it will save you money as well!
- Look for coupon codes. I search for coupon codes for everything. Today, I have two for you. I have a $20 Airbnb coupon code and a free taxi ride with Uber. Both are great services that I have personally used.
- I highly recommend Credible for student loan refinancing. You can lower the interest rate on your student loans significantly by using Credible which may help you shave thousands off your student loan bill over time.
- Invest. There are no guarantees when it comes to investing, but you should always start sooner rather than later. If you are looking for a good investing platform, I recommend Motif. Motif Investing allows individuals to invest affordably. This approachable investing platform makes it easy to buy a portfolio of up to 30 stocks, bonds or ETFs for just $9.95 total commission. Plus, you will receive up to $150 for FREE when you use Motif Investing when you sign up under my link.
- Cut your TV bill. Cut your cable, satellite, etc. Even go as far to go without Netflix or Hulu as well. Buy a digital antenna (this is the one we have) and enjoy free TV for life.
- Try Digital Voice. Another one you may be interested in related to Swagbucks is Nielsen Digital Voice. Digital Voice is a part of Nielsen, which I’m sure you’ve heard of. All you have to do is surf the web and you may be able to start earning money.
- Try InboxDollars. InboxDollars is an online rewards website I recommend. You can earn cash by taking surveys, playing games, shopping online, searching the web, redeeming grocery coupons, and more. Also, by signing up through my link, you will receive $5.00 for free just for signing up!
- Find a part-time job. There are many part-time jobs that you may be able to find. You can find a job on sites such as Snagajob, Craigslist (yes, I’ve found a legitimate job through there before), Monster, and so on.
- If you are still in college, I recommend you check out Campus Book Rentals. This website allows you to get your textbooks for cheap. I almost ALWAYS rented my textbooks and it saved me a ton of money!
- Lower your cell phone bill. Instead of paying the $150 or more that you spend on your cell phone bill, there are companies out there like Republic Wireless that offer cell phone service starting at $10. YES, I SAID $10! If you use my Republic Wireless affiliate link, you can change your life and start saving thousands of dollars a year on your cell phone service. I created a full review on Republic Wireless as well if you are interested in hearing more. I’ve been using them for over a year and they are great.
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: