Hey everyone! Happy Monday. We are leaving St. Thomas today and we had so much fun. I’m sad that my vacation is over, but I’m honestly ready to go home. I miss my dogs, oh yeah and I miss W 🙂 It was a vacation with my sister and it was much needed!
A couple of you have asked me to do a full St. Thomas recap since you will be going on vacation there soon, so look forward to that! We both took tons of pictures. We spent a lot of time at the beach, got really sun burned, SUPed (for the first time!), went kayaking, and went parasailing (first time for this also). We didn’t leave the resort once in the whole 5 days but had tons of fun. Usually I explore the area where I go on a vacation to, but we decided to just stay and have a relaxing time at the resort.
I announced the winner to my Novica giveaway but haven’t heard back yet. If your name is Erika, please check the Facebook post where I announced the giveaway so that you can see if it’s you. I want to give you your certificate code! 🙂
Oh yeah, and go congratulate my sister, she is now a personal trainer! AND this is my birthday month so you all better be super nice to me for the rest of May. I kid, I kid, you should be nice to me all the time 🙂 I definitely know what I want for my birthday, and that is a stand-up paddle board.
I don’t think we did any spending outside of the vacation budget. Earlier in May, our dryer did break though. Luckily we had a gift card that was good at Lowes which covered the whole purchase. It made having to replace the dryer not hurt our budget at all.
Extra Income (does not include income from our main jobs)
Extra income has been good for this month so far. I’m expecting a couple of payments this week. Affiliate income is still doing awesome. It’s nice to know that when I was on vacation, that you awesome readers were still clicking on my affiliate links. Of course I don’t count that as income until I actually receive it (usually 45 to 60 days after you click on the link), but it is still nice to know that future income has been made.
Not sure if this should be included in my Extra Income section, but I did win $85 to Starbucks last week. WOOHOO! I haven’t spent money at Starbucks in what seems like forever because I seem to constantly win Starbucks gift cards from giveaways.
Posts from my blog:
- Home Updates – How we Plan on Selling Our House Quickly – We have a tooooonnnn of things that we need to repair/replace/update in our house, but luckily most of it is pretty small.
- Why You Should Start a Blog – So Many Positives – In this post, I talk about all of the awesome reasons for why you should start a blog. What are you waiting for?
- How Being a Minimalist has Helped my Finances – This is a great post by Jordann. Hope you loved it!
- I want to learn more about you – I took an idea from another blogger and asked all of you a few questions. Loved the responses! Looks like W and I need to work on our food budget…
- Fighting Boredom and Restlessness as you Work on Long-Term Goals The Frugal Farmer
- 3 Businesses you can run from anywhere in the world Young Adult Money
- Why Having Two Jobs Pays off Budget Blonde
- Do You Hoard Vacation Days Squirelers
- What are you willing to do for money My Shiny Pennies
- Pros and Cons of Living in a Smaller Home Retire by 40
- Finance Carnival for Young Adults – I was included!
Food – Clean Eating!
We are still doing good with our food spending, but it’s hard to say because I’ve been gone for 5 days and W can’t cook to save his life (I have no idea what/if he’s been eating while I’ve been gone). But this is a new week and I know we will do awesome! What’s on your meal plan? Share any links, recipes, pictures and so on in the comments below.
I’m still doing great with being healthy. Our hotel room was on the 7th floor and we took the stairs nearly every single time (except for when we had luggage), which means something! We also worked out at the gym here. It was only one time, but seriously those stairs killed us. After we went down the 7 floors, it was also another 98 (maybe 96?) steps down to the pool and beach area, and we walked that EVERY single time as well. I should have killer legs now.
Have you been doing well with your extra income, spending and being healthy?
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: