Hey everyone! Yes, you read that correctly, I beat my goal that I made in October, and I made $5,114 in extra income in the month of November! I thought the goal that I set was pretty high since I made $3,700 in October, but I did again. Check out my Extra Income page that I have for my blog.
- This is proof on my online income since some of you have asked. This is for the month of November and before fees and expenses (expenses were around $475, and my actual pre-tax income is reflected in the title of this blog post) being taken out. The other income categories that are listed below were mainly just cash I received from my sister for rent. $5,264 plus $325 in rent minus $475 equals $5,114.
November was yet again another good month. W and I have both increased our incomes by a substantial amount. For me it was because of my online side jobs that I have (my income from my actual job is salary and does not fluctuate), and for him it was because of his job that he was hired for back in September.
November was also good because of Thanksgiving! And I’m looking forward to December because of Christmas and New Years of course. And our vacation too.
You can find my 2012 yearly goals update here.
November Goals Update
- Keep our food budget down to $500. PASS. We did good with our food spending and while I did not keep exact track, I’m sure that we were right around $500.
- Workout at least 3 times a week and lose 3 pounds. PASS. Lost 3 pounds!
- Make an extra $2,000 this month. PASS. Definitely passed this with a little over $5,000!
- Start decorating the dining room. FAIL. Haha how about we don’t talk about this…
- Finally GET CARPET MICHELLE. FAIL. Lets not talk about this either….
- Spend no more than $50 on clothes. FAIL. I bought a couple of things, but I don’t believe I spent over $100.
- Keep our food budget down to $400. Since we are going on a short vacation this month, I lowered our food budget by a little bit since we will not be home (our food while we are traveling comes out of our travel budget).
- Workout at least 4 times a week and lose 3 pounds. I increased this by a little bit. Mainly because the weather is actually nice and I want to force myself to run outside before it starts to snow.
- Make an extra $2,500 this month. I increased this by a little bit, but not too much. I don’t want to get too ahead of myself. I also know that December is usually a little slow for extra income because of all the holidays.
- Start decorating the dining room and GET CARPET MICHELLE. This is a repeat from the last couple of months. I know, I am sad. I need to finish this!
- Have fun on vacation and spend no more than $1,500. We are going to St. Thomas for 4 days. I know it’s not long, but that’s all that I could get off work for. We have a lot planned and are still debating on whether or not we should get all inclusive while we are there. What do you think? The price for all inclusive is $140 more per night for the both of us (altogether with fees and taxes) than what just a basic room at the same hotel would be.
- Read 2 books. Since we are going on vacation, it’ll make this very easy. I finally recharged my Kindle and will have it with me everywhere 🙂
- Twitter Followers: Goal was for 1,600 and I’m currently at 1,750. I’m hoping to get 1,850.
- Alexa rank: Goal was to be under 90,000. And I’m finally dropping. I’m currently at 66,000. My goal for December is to be at 60,000.
- Guest post at least 2 times this month. I’ve been pretty horrible with this but this is something that I need to work on!
Extra Monthly Income in November
- Online Income (this includes staff writing, blog, virtual assistant and is after all fees) – $4,489
- Selling Clothes – $0
- Miscellaneous – $200
- Mystery Shopping – $100
- Rent – $325
So I made $5,114 extra last month!
How did you do in November? Any extra income?
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: