May was good, but we had a lot of big expected and some unexpected expenses. Between my plumbing mistake, and us wanting just to replace all the pipes, that cost around $400 (before drywall). I also had to get new license plates (and pay all the fees and taxes), my sister moved in, and a bunch of other small things happened.
The weather has been brutal this month, so I’m assuming that our air conditioning bill will prove that. This weekend has been cooler though. Gotta love Midwest weather. One day it’s 100 degrees and the next day it’s 50.
I’m really hoping for a great June! It’s a 3 paycheck month for me, which I am definitely looking forward to.
- Reassess our budget and cut out $25. FAIL. I don’t think I cut anything out.
- Workout at least 3 times a week and run with my dog. FAIL.
- Sell 30 items to a consignment shop. PASS. I made money from selling clothes, but I used that same money to buy stuff back, so I actually PAID in the end.
- Make an extra $600 this month. PASS. I made $672! See below. I feel like I’m forgetting something and that it should actually be higher.
- Start moving stuff into my bigger closet. FAIL. Haven’t done this at all. Now that we have another roommate moving in (more on that later), my future closet will instead be his bedroom. But I convinced the Boy to completely gut the closet I have now and redo it to make it nice.
- Eat in at least 5 times and make 1 vegetarian meal a week. FAIL. We’ve been horrible with eating in. This is something we WILL succeed at in June.
- Do great on finals. PASS. I could’ve done better, but laziness definitely took over.
- Reassess our budget and cut out $25. I’m finally going to cut our cable bill this month. No, I will not get rid of HBO (come on, True Blood starts this month!), but I will ask them to lower it since our contract will be up soon.
- Workout at least 3 times a week and run with my dog. I will do this…
- Make an extra $1,000 this month. Now that we have another person moving in (I’ll update you all on this soon), I am going to bump this up. I don’t have anymore textbooks to sell, but I’ll figure out ways to make more.
- Gut my closet and re-do it. We plan on testing our DIYing skills this month. I want to paint, all new shelves and to clean it.
- Eat in at least 5 times. Definitely something we will accomplish this month!
- Study everyday for at least an hour for part 4 of my work certification test. I really need to study everyday!
- My last semester starts this month and I have my annual review, do great! This will be my final semester, and then I’ll have my Finance MBA. I also have my annual review this month at my work. I need to really get across my strengths in order to make this Finance MBA worth it to my company (and my salary).
- Twitter followers: Goal was for 350, I’m currently at 450. My goal for next month is 600. Help me with this 🙂
- Alexa rank: Goal was to be under 90,000. I’m right around 85K now. I’m happy with this now. I think this has started to plateau. Any help on lowering this? I’m not sure what to do next.
- RSS readers: Goal was for 650, I’m currently at 670. My goal for June is to have 750.
- Sponsored Posts on my blog – $350
- Surveys -$12
- Mystery Shopping -$90
- Sold textbooks -$220