Here are some pictures that I took recently. An awesome French Bulldog thing from Urban Outfitters, food, Christmas, some presents and more food. It's not fun having a full five day work week this week. And the week is hardly even over, not used to this! Anyways, here are my updates:
Extra Monthly Income: It's a little depressing that the holidays are over, because now the BF's job will be slow again. So he won't be making all of that overtime, but that's ok! We will think of other ways to bring in extra money.
- Due to all of the extra income, we were able to save around $7,000 in December. I threw a bigger payment towards my debt as well. I plan on doing an updated net worth update post soon, stay updated! I think I've only done one of those since I started this blog, the numbers just kind of scare me, so much debt!
Volunteer work: Volunteering starts on January 7th. I have training for 3 days in a row I think. This will be interesting and something new for me. I'm excited, but I'm a little nervous. I've only ever had two jobs (including the one that I have now) in my whole life, so I'm nervous for meeting new people and screwing things up.
Budget Cutting: We cut out budget by a little, but it's the little things that add up 🙂
- We got our car insurance renewal papers, insurance went down $11 per month! Not a ton, but our insurance is super low already.
- We've kept the heat lower than what we usually do (around 72 degrees) and have saved a significant amount over last year. It also helps that it has been super nice out this past week (around 60 degrees). I can't remember what our last heat bill was, but it was around $60 or $70 I think. Last year at this time, it was around $150, which is amazing!
Food: I actually cooked a decent amount last week. It was pretty nice! The food was good (of course, since I'm cooking it! ha). I want to start menu planning soon also. Not sure though, usually I'm not in the mood for something that I thought about earlier, I'm weird like that.
- Be sure to check out Jenn @ Bliss to Bean's giveaway! This will definitely help me with my cooking if I won.
Shopping: We definitely came in under our Christmas budget, and all of our other budgets for the month. Did some last minute shopping on New Years Eve, and found really great prices on a lot of things. We were very happy about this. Tons of toys were half off and of course all of the Christmas stuff was too, which was nice since one of our Christmas dinners was on New Years Day.
- However, I'm a little ashamed to say how much we spent, as our Christmas budget is very high. If this gives you any idea, the BF got two pretty nice guns for his present (which is sorta mixed in with his birthday present as well, since his birthday is a month away). Anyways, we used the month of December as our excuse to splurge a little more, as we both tend to have way higher incomes in this month.
$100 Ticket: Still need to pay this. I think I have a couple more days to pay it. I plan on paying it today online.
Vacation planning: We haven't really thought about this a ton. Hopefully soon. We're thinking Puerto Rico again. We get really cheap plane tickets (as talked about here), so we can pretty much plan until the last very last second. Our budget is probably going to be around $1,000 for the vacation (food, hotel, airfare, miscellaneous). Since we usually book things so late, there are usually great deals everywhere, so it's a win win.
- We want passports though for our vacation after this first one. Hopefully soon we will get on that.
Buying my own Domain: This is a big question that I have right now. How much does this usually cost? Is there a preferred provider for this?
How's everything going for you?
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: