Our New 2013 Camaro 2SS and $1,713 in Extra Income

2013 Camaro 2SS

Yup, this is our new car.

Happy Monday everyone! To the left you can see our awesome new car. We bought a 2013 Camaro 2SS just in case any of you were interested ;)

This past weekend was nice and fun. And that is great because work is so busy right now that I feel like I’m running around with my head chopped off. Can’t wait until the summer and this is all over hopefully. This past weekend went by too quickly, but oh well.

We got a TON of snow yesterday. On Saturday, I had the windows open and it was nice outside. Then of course we get over 15 inches of snow and it’s supposed to just keep snowing. This really stinks because we just bought the Camaro and of course it can’t drive in this. Snow in the spring time? NO!

Today, we’ll just be sharing the Jeep but that is a hassle since we don’t work at the same time nor work anywhere near each other. I am definitely not looking forward to driving to work, then back home to take W to work, then going back to work and then going home and then picking him back up 4 hours after that. AHHHH!

Also, I have a really awesome guest post about a fellow blogger and her significant other who quit their jobs around 6 months ago to travel the world. They have been all over and her guest post about it goes live on Friday. I know all of us dream about this happening one day, so why not live through her in the meantime? Be sure to come back on Friday!

Our Updated Living Room

A lot of you asked for a photo of how our living room looks now

Spending

Definitely a lot of spending in the past week. We bought a new car so that is expected! We are happy about one thing though, we thought it would be around $200 per month (at the minimum) for the Camaro’s car insurance, but it turns out that our insurance actually LOWERED and now we are only paying $100 per month for both of us on both the Camaro and the Jeep. That is crazy to think about. I even emailed our insurance company to make sure that was correct, and they said it was.

Everyone told us that we were crazy for getting the Camaro because our insurance should have gone through the roof. For some reason we got lucky so I’m definitely not going to complain. It is sad to see that my old car is no longer in the driveway, especially since my dad help me pick it out just one week before he passed away. Weird memory, I know, but it is still something that I think about. He LOVED Camaros though and had one for nearly half his life, so I’m sure he is super happy that we have a Camaro :)

Our New 2013 Camaro 2SS and $1,713 in Extra Income

Extra Income (does not include income from our main jobs)

I received approximately $1,713 in payments in the past week. A good week of course. I do feel like I’ve stalled with my extra income, but I am fine with that. I’d definitely rather have it be stable and having only the slightest increases than be decreasing.

Anyways, I’m still at a great level! How are you doing with your extra income? What are your goals with it? Eventually leave your job and do only extra income efforts? Pay off all of your debt? Tell me all about it! I am really interested.

Posts from my blog:

1. No New House For Now and $2,323 in Extra Income
  2. Case of Lifestyle Inflation – But I’m Not Upset
  3. How to Stay Motivated With Debt Repayment
  4. How to Transition Back into the Workforce After a Long Period of Unemployment

Link Love

1. How do We Define Success on the Internet? Frugal Portland
  2. Best Credit Card Sign Up Bonuses – March 2013 Money Life and More
  3. Wait, Are We Poor? Our Freaking Budget

Food

We’ve been doing really good with our food budget. I still will never say how much we were spending before, because usually jaws hit the floor. Our fridge is super packed with food though and we need to start eating more of it before it all goes bad. I do have a question though, how much do you all spend on food per month? How about per person per month?

Being healthy

I am doing AWESOME with working out. I run at least a couple of miles a day, have been lifting and eating more healthy. It does really help to have our gym in our basement. Do you prefer to work out at a gym or at home? How much do you spend per month of being fit (whether it be gym memberships, a personal trainer, organic food, etc)?

Yes, the upfront cost of buying weights (we spent over $300 in weights alone, plus $300 for the olympic bar), a “cage” to put the olympic bar on (that was another $500 plus $50 for the seat) and around $800 for the treadmill (got it at a MAJOR discount). We paid for it all upfront with extra money so it’s not as though we even noticed it. Saving up and paying for it immediately is awesome! And now we don’t have to waste gas driving to our gym which was 20 miles round trip. AND we can spend that extra time that we would have been driving and just work out instead.

Have you been doing well with your extra income, spending and being healthy?

Comments

1. DC@Young Adult Money says

Nice car! Looks great. Past couple weeks we were doing a lot of work on our house to get it ready for our housewarming party on Saturday, which was a huge success! Definitely was nice to finally have a big get-together.

2. Brian says

I disagree. You can totally drive that in the snow. Some of the most fun you can have is driving a high powered, rear wheel drive, car in the snow. Just take it to an empty parking lot and do doughnuts for hours. You will be amazed at how quickly you will learn to control the fishtails…

3. Cece says

I can't imagine having a car that I can't drive during certain weather conditions. How much snow do you get out there? I also can't imagine living where it snows so there is that!! New cars are so exciting once you get through the stress anyways-which I always deal with when buying a car. Glad your insurance didn't go up. That's awesome!! Hope it wasn't a fluke.
    My recent post My Car is Old and other Weekend Happenings

4. Alan@escapingmydebt says

Congrats on the new car. I would think the reason the rates lowered was due to the fact that the car is new and if you had another car it may have better safety features than the last, minus the not being able to drive it in the snow.
    My recent post Winter Tricks

• MakingSenseofCents says

That's what I would think, but I don't think so in this case. My other car was only a couple years old and only worth $10K, whereas the new car is $45K and is a muscle car, so the insurance should have been more! Other insurance companies wanted $200 to $400 a month for it!

5. iHeartBudgets says

426HP and 420 lb ft Torque. DAAAAAYUUUMMMMM!!!!! That's is a VERY FAST car. Congrats on the purchase!

Were you able to buy it cash? I'd love to drive a car like that someday. And very cool that you were able to purchase one of your dad's favorite cars. Hope the snow clears so you can have a little fun :)
    My recent post 20 Ways To Make Money

• MakingSenseofCents says

Hahaha you kill me! It is VERY fast. Lets just say that we went REALLY fast the other day but I won't say the speed haha

And no we didn't buy it in cash. We got a really good interest rate and wanted to use that to our advantage instead.

6. Budget & the Beach says

Nice job! I haven't been working too hard on "extra" income this month because it was off the charts with freelance work, but today I helped clean my friends apt for $…its the PA gig, but I haven't been doing it for awhile. Good job in eating healthy and working out!
    My recent post I’m Breaking Up with my Hairdresser

7. Emily @ evolvingPF says

Hey Michelle,
    I'd be really interested in seeing your longer-term plan for this extra income you have coming in every week now that it's stable. How does your new car and new house fit in? How have you changed your savings, etc. rates now that you have the income? I guess I'm asking if you'd be willing to share your bigger-picture budget/financial plan, if not the numbers than at least your thought process.
    Emily

8. Jordann says

My extra income has been going to paying down my credit card (little balance) and paying off debt (only $4,700 to go!). This month isn't shaping up be as bad as I thought it was going to be for extra income, I'll probably clear $520 or so. It's definitely becoming apparent that my blogging neglect is affecting my stats though! Once the wedding is over, I'll get back into blogging again.