Here are some ways to save on groceries:
- Learn how to cook from scratch. I’ve been trying to do this more, but I’m very inexperienced with cooking, so everything I cook doesn’t always taste the greatest, however, I’m working on this! We’ve been trying to do this, but it’s hard at times!
- Use coupons on things that you know you will use. Don’t go crazy though! We really only use coupons on household items, but this has been going good. I haven’t paid more than around around a dollar for shampoo, soap, toothpaste and so on in forever!
- Make a grocery list. I usually don’t make a list when I go, and this is probably an area where I could possibly save a lot of money if I made a list.
- STICK to this list! See above…
- Plan your meals for the week. We’re trying our hand at meal planning. But that’s not going too well. I usually crave something else than what I usually have planned for the night, so that throws everything off.
- Grow a garden. I have a lot of friends who have their own gardens and I’m always so jealous.
- Don’t let food go to waste. We are kind of wasteful in our house. There’s only 2 of us, so sometimes it’s hard for us to eat everything. If we bought less, we’d save money and less would go to waste.