Which do you like better? The boat or RV?
Do you miss RVing?
How long do you think you’ll sail for? Do you think you’ll ever go back to a normal home?
The questions are never-ending.
Now that we’ve switched to sailing, we get these questions ALL THE TIME.
As a refresher, we RVed for around four years, and we have been living on our sailboat for almost two years now.
We really love both lifestyles and everything that they allow us to do.
There are a lot of similarities between living in a boat or RV, such as:
- You can bring your home with you as you travel.
- Marinas are kind of like campgrounds.
- Anchorages are similar to boondocking.
- They have a lot of the same systems, such as a battery bank, solar, dump, water tank, and so on.
- Smaller space than a “normal” home.
But, there are also a ton of things that are completely different between the two. [Read more…]