Are you looking for some quick lunch recipes that are healthy, easy, and delicious?
If you’re like me, you probably forget about lunch most days. You might wind up eating leftovers, a simple sandwich, snacking, or not eating anything for lunch at all.
Living on a boat sometimes makes it hard to cook food like we normally would. These days, we’re so busy with things on the boat and more active than ever. But, it’s even more important than ever for us to eat healthy, filling meals.
That’s why I’m so excited about these quick lunch recipes! These are meals that are easy to cook in our tiny kitchen – they don’t take a lot of prep time or space. We can cook them quickly before heading out for a day sail or while exploring a new island.
Best of all, these recipes taste great!
While they’re all delicious, there are a few I can’t wait to make again:
- Chicken Chili Soup – Chicken, onions, corn, beans, and more. You can easily cook this in an Instant Pot, which is what I do. You can add lots of toppings, like avocados, cilantro, cheese, salsa, and more. This lunch idea makes great leftovers, too.
- Brussel Sprout Salad – Brussel sprouts, pine nuts, pomegranates, and more. The dressing is fresh, tangy, and a little sweet with lemon and Dijon mustard. It’s a surprisingly filling meal. This would be great for a picnic with friends.
- Thai Chicken Salad – Chicken, cabbage, red peppers, carrots, basil, lime juice, honey, fresh ginger, and more. This recipe includes lots of variations, including vegetarian. You’ll also get instructions for preparing this meal in advance.
I’m getting hungry now, haha!
While these quick lunch recipes are obviously great for lunch, you can easily make them for dinner. Most of these recipes can be made in advance, so you can bring them to work for lunch. No more three-day old leftovers, a sad sandwich, or going out for lunch.
Remember, making meals at home is one of the best ways to save money and eat well. If you buy lunch twice a week while working, you can easily spend between $20-$40 extra each week. Many people go out for lunch even more often than that. All of that adds up to a lot of extra spending.
But, these quick lunch recipes are going to make you want to pack your lunch for work!
If you’re interested in more recipes like this, the following articles have even more meals to try:
- 10 Budget Lunch Ideas and Cheap Easy Meals You Should Try
- 10 Easy and Affordable Meal Prep Ideas
- 10 Meatless Monday Recipes You Should Try
Note: If you’re looking for easy weekly meal plans, full of budget recipes, I recommend $5 Meal Plan. $5 Meal Plan is a meal planning service that sends you a delicious meal plan and shopping list every week for just $5 a month.
Here are 10 quick lunch recipes.
1. Cold Chicken Spinach Pasta Salad
2. Chicken Chili Soup
3. Roasted Red Pepper Cauliflower Soup
4. Apple Walnut Spinach Salad
5. Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
6. Thai Chicken Salad
7. Chicken Burrito Bowls
8. Healthy Turkey Fajita Rice Bowl
9. Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
10. Mason Jar Ramen
I hope you enjoyed these 10 delicious and quick lunch recipes. What’s your favorite thing to make for lunch?
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: