As I talked about in the article 56% Of Americans Have Less Than $10,000 Saved For Retirement, 56% of Americans have less than an average of $10,000 in retirement savings and 33% have no retirement savings at all.
This is a very scary statistic, especially considering how important saving for retirement and investing both are!
Even though prioritizing your future is important, the average person is behind when it comes to saving for retirement.
Saving for retirement now is important for many reasons, such as:
- It can help make sure you aren’t working for the rest of your life.
- You can retire sooner rather than later.
- You can lead a good life well after you finish working.
- Compound interest means the earlier you save the more you earn.
One reason for why many people do not save for retirement is because they are confused by it all, and don’t really know what to do.
People are confused by what exactly needs to be done, they think it’ll take too long, they’re afraid of making mistakes, and more.
However, that doesn’t have to be the case!
Everyone, at one point, is new to investing and saving money for retirement. That doesn’t mean it should stop you, though. If you are ever confused by your 401k and/or saving for retirement, then you need to change that.
Investing doesn’t have to be hard, and it doesn’t have to consume a ton of your time.
A company that I recommend you look into if you are looking for an easier and faster way to manage your 401k is to look into Blooom.
Related content that will help you save more for retirement:
- How To Become Financially Independent
- Early Retirement Myths Busted
- 15 Reasons You’re Broke And Can’t Save Money
- How To Come Up With A Financial Plan Without Visiting A Professional
And, this is where Blooom comes in.
Blooom is a company that manages clients’ 401k accounts and provides access to valuable financial advisor advice for whatever questions you may have for a small flat rate of $10 regardless of investment size.
More than that though, they are a company that’s on a mission to change retirement culture by providing people, who may never get professional help with investments, a chance at the same service people with millions put away get.
Plus, their pricing is affordable. Here’s what they said about their pricing (I really like the way they worded it because so many people think that investing has to be expensive, when in reality, it isn’t!):
“A Netflix-like fee for expert 401k help. No need to binge-watch your retirement account. (Unless you’re into that.)”
It’s only $10 per month for smart, simple 401k management! This small monthly fee gets you:
- The ability to ask financial advisors your questions;
- Professional monitoring;
- Regular rebalancing when things change in your account;
- Guidance on what to do in the market;
- Investment education; and more!
The small fee is great because you can enjoy life and not have to spend all of your time thinking about your investments.
I know many people who pretty much look at their investments full-time. Why do that, though? Why not spend your time enjoying life and having a professional manage your 401k for you?
Blooom’s fees are extremely affordable too.
Blooom can also save you a lot of time and help you from making mistakes. One mistake that many people make is thinking that their company is managing their 401k. However, that is not correct! Most of the time, you are the one who has to pick and manage your account.
And, here are some great reviews about Blooom:
- “One of the best online tools for retirement planning.” – The Wall Street Journal
- “Making the complex world of 401ks more comprehensible.” – Forbes
- “Bringing money management to an underserved population.” – Barron’s
Overall, I think Blooom can be a wonderful financial asset for anyone with a 401k. If you are confused at all by your 401k, this company can make it easy on you and help you get on track right away.
Do you have a 401k? What scares you about saving for retirement?