This Blue Nile reviews post is sponsored by Blue Nile. While this was a sponsored opportunity from Blue Nile, all content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Purchasing jewelry can be a hard thing to do. There are so many buying “rules” out there, there are many options, and more.
However, Blue Nile makes it super easy, you can design and purchase jewelry all from the comfort of your home!
Blue Nile is also very affordable.
As quickly mentioned above, the most known engagement ring budget rule is probably the three month rule. This is where the engagement ring buyer determines how much to spend on an engagement ring based on what they make over a three month period. So, if a person makes around $3,000 a month, that would mean that the engagement ring “should” cost around $9,000 according to the three month ring buying rule. That is a ton of money for someone to spend on an engagement ring, especially when that’s just a total income of around $36,000 a year!
However, you don’t need to spend anywhere near this amount if you don’t want to. This is because you get a great value when shopping with Blue Nile. You can get great quality engagement rings and other jewelry at a great price.
Blue Nile has a very informative article on their website titled How Much Should Your Engagement Ring Cost?, I highly recommend you check it out. In this article, Blue Nile teaches you how to get the best value for your dollar, as well as buying tips.
Here are my tips for buying an affordable engagement ring:
- Buy less than a full carat size. For example, instead of buying a ring that is 1 full carat, you could buy one that is 0.90 or 0.95. This is because many diamonds are cut to the exact amount, and buying something that is slightly less means that the value has gone down. The difference is so insignificant anyways so it can be a great way to save money, and it’s not like anyone would ever notice.
- Think about other diamond shapes. Many people go for the traditional round shape, which is a very beautiful shape, however they are typically 30% more than any other cut.
- It’s not always about size. If your budget isn’t that high, it’s usually better to go for a more quality ring instead of focusing just on size.
- Look at other gemstones. Blue Nile sells many other beautiful gemstones. This includes sapphire, morganite, ruby, opal, topaz, and many, many more.
- Look for coupons. There isn’t always a Blue Nile coupon, but they do offer discounts every now and then!
What other jewelry buying tips do you have to share? I hope you enjoyed this Blue Nile reviews blog post!
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: