Time for another life, goals, and food budget update. It’s been TWO months since I last did a life update.
The last two months have been pretty crazy and many things have changed.
Between buying an RV, moving the rest of our stuff from our house in St. Louis to Fruita, selling our house, traveling “home” to St. Louis several times, working, and more, you can trust me when I say that I am tired!
I won’t lie though – it’s been a fun few months too.
We’ve made many life changes this year and while there have been some stressful moments (mainly with the home sale), everything seems to be going as planned right now (knock on wood).
Continue reading below for my life update and August goals.
OUR HOUSE SOLD!
This is definitely the most exciting part of our summer so far.
While buying an RV is amazing as well, the thought that our house would just stay on the market for the rest of my life has been on my mind for quite some time.
I’m extremely happy that a major stressor of mine is now gone. I no longer have to worry about the monthly payments, monthly bills, whether the house would just implode (I know that would never happen but that’s what happens when you’re in my brain), and more.
While I’m sad that the first and only home that we’ve bought now belongs to someone else, I know this was the best decision for us. We feel much more free now that we don’t have a house we don’t live in holding us down.
Our food budget.
We haven’t been doing the best with our food budget lately, but we did recently sit down and decide on an action plan to change that.
We know we have a food spending problem and we keep reverting back to our old (and bad!) ways.
Our plan includes:
- Being better at following a meal plan.
- Coming up with RV-friendly meal ideas.
- Taking our favorite meals at restaurants and making them at home instead.
- Be healthy! I have been doing well with working out and eating healthy. Meals have been healthier than ever and we have been working out more than ever. I’m feeling great too! Oh yeah, I should probably mention that I did my first pull-up the other day. Then, I managed to do 10 more in the same day (not in a row though). I’m incredibly proud haha!
- Get one month ahead on Making Sense of Cents posts. This is still a goal of mine. I would like to be one month ahead, especially since I have a ton of traveling for the rest of the year. I really don’t know what part-time living on the road in the RV will be like, so I want to be as far ahead as I can realistically get. Right now, I am currently around two weeks ahead. I was three weeks ahead earlier in July but I fell behind due to the home sale and buying the RV.
- Churn another credit card. I just churned another credit card and we just signed Wes up for it as well. I’ve been loving the free credit card rewards and it’s been extremely addicting lately.
What great things are going on in your life? How did you do in July? What is your main goal for August?
Below are pictures (all from my Instagram) from our new home and recent trips.