April was another great month for us.
It was a record income month for us but it was also an expensive one.
May won't be any cheaper as well since I'll be gone for almost 20 days due to two separate trips, but it's all budgeted for so I am still happy.
Colorado is still treating us well. We are enjoying all of the outdoor activities that Colorado offers and everything else around here.
Our house is still for sale in Missouri and that's pretty much the only thing bogging us down. We keep going back and forth about what we want to do with it, and we have pretty much decided that lowering the price anymore is just crazy talk as it's already priced much lower than all of the comparables near us. If it doesn't sell though, we have plans and will remain positive about it regardless.
Our food budget.
We did very well with our food budget in April. We used a gift card for groceries and that made our spending even lower.
For the month of April, we spent around $400 on food but that is not counting what we spent on gift cards.
We did much better with eating at home more often in April and I am proud that we are slowly breaking away from our bad habit.
We are finally making progress!
April Goals Update
- Work out! PASS! I've been doing very well with this, and I am finally starting to feel more in shape. We have been doing something active nearly every single day, whether it be rock climbing indoors or outdoors, kayaking down the river, hiking, going for a walk, and so on.
- Work ahead on Making Sense of Cents posts. PASS. I have been doing quite well with working ahead on Making Sense of Cents. I have all of May done for my staff writing clients (except for any posts that come in at the last moment) and I am a few weeks ahead for Making Sense of Cents. This is perfect, especially for right now, as I am currently on a trip and I will be gone again for another 9 days later this month as well. Working ahead makes life a little less stressful when on a vacation as I can have a more “normal” vacation this way.
- Make travel plans. PASS. Well, sort of. I still have a few more travel plans to make. I am going back to St. Louis every single month for the rest of the year (I know, right?) due to many fun friend and family events occurring this year. I do still need to decide what I'm going to do for FinCon but I think we have to drive as we need our car in another town the day after, but it's a 27 hour drive so I'm unsure what to do.
- Work out! This will be on my goals list for awhile as it's a great motivator to see it here each month.
- Work ahead on Making Sense of Cents posts. This is still a goal of mine. I would like to be one month ahead, especially since I have a ton of traveling for the rest of the year. Living so far away from everyone makes traveling almost a necessity since I don't want to miss out on any important events in the lives of those that I love!
- Try to work less when on vacation. I have two trips scheduled for this month. I am currently on one. We are camping, staying at a few hotels, and trying to fit in as much rock climbing as we can. My other trip is a bachelorette party to Gulf Shores and I'll be gone for over a week for that one. I can't unplug completely, but I am trying to work ahead as much as I can so that I can relax on my trips a little more than usual.
What great things are going on in your life? How did you do in April? What is your main goal for May?
Below are pictures (all from my phone, sorry) from our new area that I took recently.
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: