As most of you know, our wedding was this past Saturday. It was a lot of fun and definitely very memorable. Lots of crazy things happened (all related to the weather) but luckily everything worked out well in the end.
I won’t lie, I am both happy and sad that the wedding is over. It was one heck of a party, and I am sad that all of the fun and planning is over with.
However, I am also happy that it is over because I can start focusing on other things in life. I haven’t been as focused on seeking out new freelancing clients and growing my business, which is something that I really need to get back to doing.
Spending in the past week was definitely insane. We had a LOT of expenses related to the wedding come up that we forgot about. We also have bills (such as utilities and our mortgage) and more come up this past week.
With everything put together, last week was a big budget killer. While most things related to the wedding were paid for a long time ago, some wedding payments were due the week of the wedding. We spent well over $10,000 last week alone, which sort of makes me want to cry!
I can’t wait for July when everything gets back to normal. I actually miss my normal budget! 🙂
June has been really good for business so far. The first week was slow since I was 99% focused on our wedding, but this past week has been a strong one.
I’m still trying to get more into affiliate income, but I haven’t been putting much effort towards it as I would like. I do have a game plan though to work on that.
If anyone needs any help, check out my Hire Me page and let me know what services you are interested in.
I have been doing HORRIBLE with being healthy for the past week. We have been eating really bad because we have just been so busy. Also, we have hardly worked out at all.
We are hoping to get back to our normal routine soon. We are just starting out really slow.
The wedding is over! That means that wedding planning is over. WOOHOOO! I did have a ton of fun planning our wedding though. I hope that one of my close friends gets engaged soon so that I can start planning theirs 🙂
We still have not fully thought about our honeymoon though. I know that I have been all over the place with possible destinations.
We are wanting to go camping sometime this month in Colorado. Do you know of any good camping spots in the Colorado area that we should hit up? We recently went to REI and bought pretty much everything we need (tent, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, pillows, cookware, etc.) and we are ready to go. I have actually never been camping so this will be a whole new experience!
Recent posts on Making Sense of Cents
- I Got Married! – Our wedding was on June 7, 2014, and it was wonderful! As I said the other day, TONS of things went wrong, but the day was still great. I plan on doing a budget recap and wedding recap soon. We definitely busted our wedding budget, but I’m still happy with how everything went.
- Budgets and Chronic Health Conditions – This is a post written by another blogger. I am thankful to not have any health conditions, but I know that others do.
- How To Budget As A Freelancer – Freelancing online seems to be more and more popular, and with that I receive many questions about how a freelancer should handle their budget. A freelancer’s budget is usually much different from an employed person’s budget, so you should create a new one once you enter the freelance lifestyle.
- $12,747 in May – Beginning to Break Out My Business Income – May was a great month, but I have been feeling a little bit lazy lately because of the wedding. I need to get back into working now that the wedding is over!
- The 5 Best Financial Tips We Received As Newlyweds – Whether you are married or planning on getting married, I think discussing finances in your relationship is something that must be done.
Have you been doing well with your income, spending and being healthy?