The weather is great, the business is going very well, I've been getting outside a lot, my family is great and my friends are awesome.
I just have so many things to be thankful for right now.
Also, my bridal shower was last weekend! My bridesmaids threw a great bridal shower that was a lot of fun and had a lot of yummy food. Thanks again guys! I know you guys will read this 🙂 We are also going to Las Vegas in less than two weeks and it will be amazing!
The picture to the right is Wes's family's property, and where we will be having our wedding. It's super pretty and we've been spending a lot of time there lately since we are trying to plan everything related to our wedding right now.
The past two weeks have been fairly cheap for us. We have had a lot of wedding expenses (I talk about those below), but those have all been budgeted in for quite some time.
We did buy some more clothing this week, which kind of stinks since I was really hoping that we would stop spending so much money in this category!
April has been a crazy month for business income. I'm not really sure where I am in regards to income, but I feel like the amount of work definitely exceeds past months. I guess we will see in my next income report 🙂
Right now, my main goal is to really work on getting ahead with my work. I'm trying to get around one month to two months ahead of schedule by writing several articles ahead of time, but that can sometimes be really hard.
Some weeks I write over 20 articles, which can then really add up quickly if I'm trying to get weeks or months ahead of schedule.
If anyone needs any help, check out my Hire Me page and let me know what services you are interested in.
I have been doing very well with being more healthy. I walked/ran a total of around 15 miles this week (did 10 miles on a trail with Wes and one of our dogs), rode my bike over 10 miles, and I also did a few different workout DVDs a few days this week.
The weather has been great this week so that really helped.
The wedding is just a little over one month away. I can't believe it's so close, I still have so much more to plan!
We finally also sent out our wedding invitations last week. We received around 20% of them back so far as well. It's really exciting getting them each day. Almost like it's a present!
We didn't have any luck finding a backup location. No one returned my phone calls or emails. And, if they did return a phone call or email, they were extremely rude and accused me of trying to ruin their venue (I really don't know how these people have jobs). I guess I'm really just going to hope that there won't be a monsoon on the wedding day.
The last big thing that I have been working on was finding a bartender, and I actually found one last week. I paid the deposit last night. Instead of supplying the alcohol ourselves and hiring a bartender separately, we found a company that will do it all. The cost is $2,000 for 200 people for 5 hours with all-inclusive drinks, which I think is reasonable. What do you think?
We could have saved a little bit of money by supplying the alcohol ourselves, but we get to save a lot of hassle doing it this way.
Recent posts on Making Sense of Cents
- Should You Spend All Your Money When You’re Young? – I'll just leave it at this – “You’re young, why don’t you just enjoy your money now?” Click over to read more about that…
- How To Find A Writing Job – Currently, I write over 20 articles each week. Some weeks I write much more than that, some weeks a little less. In this article I discuss how you can find a writing job.
- Frugality And Ethics – Are You Being Cheap, Frugal, or Stealing? – Some people consider certain actions stealing, whereas others think they are just being frugal. Do you think sharing wi-fi, cable, drinks and other actions are stealing?
- Big Money Mistakes You May Be Making – Everyone's made money mistakes. What have you recently made?
- Do You Spend $12,000 Each Year To Look Good? – I came across a source that said the average person spends $15,000 over their lifetime to look good. But then I came across another source that said the average person spends $12,000 each YEAR. Which end are you closer to?
Have you been doing well with your income, spending and being healthy?
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: