There are a number of reasons why you may need to change an existing real estate title. You may want to leave some real estate to your children or grandchildren, you may need to remove your name from the title due to a divorce or death, or you may want to transfer the property into a living trust. Whatever the reasoning behind your need to change the information listed on the title, you will have to perform a transfer of your real estate deed.
The process of transferring a real estate title is fairly straightforward and won’t take much time to complete. However, there are some things that you will need to know in order to complete the necessary paperwork to complete the transfer of property. If you aren’t sure where to find this information, then this simple process can quickly turn into a confusing endeavor. Performing a transfer of deed for a real estate sale is not recommended by Mike Broemmel, writer for Demand Media, because there is no guarantee that you possess any legal interest in the property.
If you are unsure about how to fill out the paperwork to change the information contained on the title of your property, you can enlist the help of LegalZoom real estate deed transfer services. With LegalZoom services you are given upfront pricing and a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Here are the services that LegalZoom can provide for the completion of real estate deed transfer.
The Standard Package
Along with the exceptional value of a LegalZoom service, having the company prepare and file your deed transfer comes with their 100 percent satisfaction guarantee and lifetime customer support from their professional representatives. The standard package will provide you with the following services:
- They will research the existing title to determine the exact legal description of your property. This includes the map, block, and lot number that are associated with your property. They will also determine what the title holding method is.
- You will receive the LegalZoom Peace of Mind Review performed by one of the many professionals at LegalZoom. They will review your paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
- They will file the deed with the appropriate county recorder’s office and make the payments that are required to file your paperwork.
- You will receive the periodic LegalZoom newsletter that contains information on legal issues that may affect you.
This is all taken care of by the professionals at LegalZoom for the price of $249 plus state filing fees. You don’t have to worry about missing any information or making any mistakes on the paperwork because LegalZoom takes care of everything for you.
The Express Gold Package
For a little more than the standard package, you can choose the express gold package that is offered by LegalZoom. When you choose the express gold package, you pay $289 plus state filing fees, and you receive all of the benefits that are included in the standard package plus the following services:
- Expedited processing of the deed. Your deed will be processed and sent for your signature within two business days. With the standard package you will be waiting, on average, five to seven business days before receiving your deed.
- Expedited filing of the deed with your local county recorder’s office. If your county allows deeds to be electronically filed, LegalZoom will e-file your deed within one business day and send you a confirmation email of the submission. If they are not able to e-file with your County Recorder’s Office, they will deliver your deed via a courier service and you will receive an email confirmation of the recording within two weeks.
If you find yourself needing to change information on the title of real estate property that you own, don’t worry about the paperwork. While it may seem daunting, once you remove the third parties from the transaction, transferring the title to someone else only requires a few simple steps, advises Jerome Evans, guest blogger for Global Post. When you enlist the help of a service like LegalZoom, you can trust that the process will go smoothly and that the paperwork will be filled out properly and filed with the appropriate agencies.
If you are in the process of transferring property to another person or simply need to change the name that appears on the title of your home, take the worry out of the process, and let LegalZoom help you get it right. With professional support and reliable service, you can count on your legal documents being done correctly.
Join the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom.