Hey everyone! I hope all of you had a great weekend and New Year’s. St. Louis is currently being hit by horribly cold weather – today it’s supposed to be negative 35 degrees with windchill). There’s also a foot of snow outside.
Today’s post will be all about my goals from last month and my new goals for this month as well as all of 2014. Make sure to come back tomorrow for my monthly income update.
December was another great month. I took an official two week semi-vacation (I worked some, but not anywhere near usual), which was nice.
We went on a week-long trip to St. Thomas. Then around one week after we got back I came down with the stomach flu, which was no fun at all. So, I am ready to get back into the hang of everything in January.
2013 was a really great year. I left my day job and switched to full-time freelancing, which has been really good for me/us so far. Just last January, I’m not even sure if I thought about leaving my job, so that can really show you how much changed in just 2013.
Last year, we also did a good amount of traveling. We went to New Orleans, Chicago, Gulf Shores, St. Thomas (twice), and a few other places.
I do think that 2014 will be our year though. Sadly, our semi-long trip to Asia will be put on hold for the time being, but we do hope to do that someday soon. We just can’t find the time to squeeze it in.
Instead, we will be traveling to either the Caribbean or Central America later this month, and then we plan on renting a beach house somewhere in February or March for a few weeks. So, I’m definitely not complaining in the change.
In May, I will also be going to Vegas for my bachelorette party, and then we still have our honeymoon to plan as well for June. The next 6 months will definitely be crazy for us!
Here are my goals that I posted in January of 2013 for my annual goals. I didn’t have many, but I still feel like it was a successful year!
- Pay off ALL of my student loans. PASS. I eliminated all of my student loans in July of 2013. Felt AMAZING.
- Get super fit. Meh. I’m definitely not fit, but I don’t want to be too harsh on myself either 🙂
- Save for a decent sized down payment. Meh. I’m not going to say this is a fail, because we don’t plan on buying a home in 2014 anymore.
- Plan an awesome wedding! PASS. I guess this is a pass. The wedding isn’t until June of 2014, but I have done a good amount of planning!
Here are my goals for all of 2014:
- Save 50% of our income after taxes. Our spending has been under control the past few months, and I would like to continue this in 2014.
- Have a fun wedding! The wedding is in 5 months. AH! I have so much more to plan.
- Have a successful business year. My business goal for this year is fairly simple – just work hard and be as successful as I can.
December Goals Update
- Keep our food budget under $400 and meal plan. PASS. We have been doing awesome lately! If you have come across any awesome new recipes lately, please share them below. I am guilty of cooking many repeat meals lately.
- Make $10,000 in business income this month. PASS. It was a good month even though I took a 2 week semi-vacation.
- Book the caterer and wedding rentals. FAIL. See below in my January goals.
- Book our flights and accommodations. Not a pass or fail since our plans have changed.
- Find a camera. Not a pass or fail since our plans have changed.
- Keep our food budget under $400 and meal plan. This will always be on my monthly goals so that we don’t forget.
- Make $10,000 in business income this month. I have many plans for 2014, and I’m hoping to start January with a BANG.
- Book the caterer and wedding rentals. We really need to finalize these contracts this week. We haven’t exactly come across many wedding-related companies that have the greatest customer service, which is making this difficult. Luckily, I think I finally found good companies and I plan on booking soon.
- Run 3 miles, 5 days a week. I plan on partnering this with some T-25 as well.
- Get completely organized for personal/business taxes. Oh tax time, it’s something that everyone dreads. This will also be my first year with some major business income, so this will be interesting.
How did you do in December? What is your main goal for January and 2014?