Hey everyone! Happy Monday. Yesterday, I published a post wondering where we should travel to. Today is a giveaway!
Have you ever heard of the website Chippmunk? It was created in January of this year. Chippmunk is a savings search engine that helps people save the most money possible by showing where to shop based on who has the best online deals.
If you are looking to shop online for the fast approaching holidays, then Chippmunk is a place that you definitely want to check out.
Specifically, their CouponRank algorithm calculates the best deal based on your stated budget, which means you don't need to run multiple Google searches for coupons, or open several tabs on your laptop/computer in order to check different retailers' sites.
If you are like me, then you haven't started shopping for the holidays yet. I keep reading on other personal finance blogs how others are already done, and well, you all amaze me. I tend to save mine for the very last second, but it does help that I don't have too many presents to buy.
Below are ways for smart holiday shopping to save more money:
- Signing up to your favorite retailer's newsletter can save you up to 25% on your next purchase. It's an easy way to save. I ALWAYS do this when I'm about to shop somewhere. I have been able to save a decent amount of money to places such as JCrew, Banana Republic and other places just buy simply putting my e-mail on a list.
- Never pay for shipping. Many retailers will offer free shipping on orders over $49 or $99, or free shipping to a local store for pickup. However, if you do not think that you will reach that amount, do not throw extra things into your online cart to reach that amount. Stick to your list and what you plan on buying. The retail tactic of having customers reach a certain level for shipping definitely dupes some people because they feel like they are getting a better deal.
- Watch for site wide offers. At the top of the retail website, it may say something such as “ENTER 20OFF” or something like that. Be on the lookout!
How do you save money when holiday shopping?
How much do you plan on spending this holiday season
- $150 Visa Card
- There will be ONE winner.
- Open Worldwide.
- This giveaway ends on November 27, 2013.
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: