Hey everyone! As most of you know, we are in the middle of planning a semi-long trip. We still don't know where we are traveling to, but we want to want to try to fit in Hawaii, Thailand, Bali, and a few other places.
Since I still need to manage my business while I am traveling, I of course still need to get on the internet. I need something reliable and safe, and the more options the better!
I will also need to schedule a lot of my tasks beforehand, just in case reliable internet does become a problem. I always turn in my work on time, and I wouldn't want to have a client wait for my work just because I'm off in some country and can't find time to find reliable and fast internet.
Here are five ways to get internet when you need it:
1. Hotspot Database – such as WeFi, which is a global hotspot database with over 190 million entries. It has maps with locations and shows you how close you are to nearest hotspot.
2. Know the different places that have free wi-fi – Libraries, airports, coffee shop, hotel lobbies, cafes, malls, Starbucks. McDonald's etc are just some of the places that often have free wi-fi for customers to connect to. This is probably what I will do a lot of in order to escape the hotel room every now and then. We would want to find hotel that offer wi-fi as well since I will need internet pretty much all the time and around the clock.
3. Loyalty programs – A lot of businesses offer free wi-fi vouchers as a perk and for being a loyal customer. This is something that I would look into as well, but I would need the internet to be secure.
4. Tethering your Mobile Phone – Not exactly free, but if you have a large data plan you can essentially turn your phone into a mobile hotspot and use the internet on all your devices. I'm not sure how this would work in places other than Hawaii though.
5. Find out what your internet provider offers – Some internet companies set up free wifi hotspots in different areas for their customers.
What tips do you have for managing a business while traveling?
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: