Las Vegas is famous for its constant, vibrant nightlife, but for many people unfamiliar with the city it can actually be difficult to decide just what to do at night. I love going to Vegas, and I am going again next year for my bachelorette party. I also went in 2012 and the year before as well. I love to travel and Vegas is always a fun place to go to with my friends.
The fact is, Vegas is so packed with nighttime activity – from casinos and nightclubs, to world-class restaurants and bars, to shows and athletic events – that it's almost crucial to plan ahead. So with that in mind, here are a few highlights of things to see and do on your night out in Las Vegas.
Fun in Vegas
Knowing which casinos to spend time at takes a trained eye, and many visitors simply end up going for the most convenient option (usually the casino in their own lobby). But here are a few ideas on what sets some casinos apart. I'm not a huge gambler, but I do like to have some fun and bet a couple of dollars. I definitely have never bet more than $20 haha!
- The Bellagio – At the Bellagio, you'll find one of the most glamorous casino experiences on the planet. It starts with the renowned fountains outside, and continues with a rich casino floor where millions upon millions are gambled. Everything seems to be very pretty here!
- Caesar's Palace – Caesar's doesn't take itself too seriously, and for a high-stakes casino that's refreshing. Card tables are a bit more relaxed, and sports betting is prominent as well.
Vegas is known for its incredible stage performances. Sometimes the best events are passing concerts and athletic events, but if you're looking for a sure thing, here are a few ideas:
- Zarkana – Cirque du Soleil is always prominent in Vegas, but Zarkana at ARIA is one of the more reliable shows. With a dark and mysterious theme, the show pulls you in to dazzle with its mind-blowing acrobatics.
- Blue Man Group – Another Vegas staple, Blue Man Group is certainly worth watching if you haven't seen a show before. The group's home theater is the Venetian.
Late night clubs get most of the attention, but Vegas is also home to some phenomenally unique bars. Here are a few great places to get your night started.
- Parasol Up & Down – A classy bar option, this is essentially two lounges in one at the Wynn Hotel. Wonderful window views and reasonable drink prices cap off a great place to start the night.
- Minus-5 – This “ice bar” at Mandalay Bay is almost too unique. A minus-5 temperature allows for everything from furniture to drink glasses to be made of ice, and customers are given fur coats and gloves upon entry.
If you're looking for a place to go party after the bar, or after the show or dinner, try out one of these spectacular nightclubs.
- Haze – This new club at ARIA focuses on providing just what its name suggests – a “haze” of music, dancing, and interaction. It's a wonderful place to lose yourself for a few hours!
- TAO – This Asian-themed club at the Venetian is consistently rated at the top of the list of Vegas nightclubs. Enormous and intimate all at once, it's a fascinating club.
Join the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom.