I love having so much extra time to enjoy life and work on my side hustles. I had a long to-do list for this weekend and I’ve already crossed a lot out. WOOHOOO!
June was a great month. Summertime is my favorite and this summer so far we have had some pretty great weather. It hasn’t been unbearably hot too much yet, which is really weird for where I live. However, I will not complain about not having 30 days in a row of over 100 degree heat like last year. Our AC bill is very low this year so far and I’m loving it.
July will be a great month also. I’m going to a bachelorette party later this month in Chicago and I’m super excited.
I’ve been thinking about when I’m making the freelancing switch a lot lately. It’s been really hard to manage everything because of lack of time. Right now it’s not killing me, but I know that eventually this will not be good at the rate that I’m going. My switch date was for a day around 6 months from now, but lately I’ve been thinking about something much sooner. What would you do? I’m curious!
Oh yeah, and I bought my wedding dress in June. It is super pretty and I love it. I can’t wait until I get to see it in October because I tried it on in blush but ordered it in white. It was gorgeous in blush surprisingly, so I’m really excited to see what it will look like in white.
June Goals Update
- PAY OFF MY STUDENT LOANS! This has been my main goal for a long time. Be on the lookout for a post on this soon. 🙂
- Run 4 times a week and lose weight. FAIL. I didn’t do the best with running. And I’m back to eating a whole lot just like my normal self. Surprisingly I lost 6 pounds. And this is why I hate working out and eating healthy because I tend to lose weight when I don’t! Makes no sense… I’ve only been getting 4 to 5 hours of sleep per night, and I’ve been lazy and haven’t been fitting running in like I should.
- Make an extra $8,000 this month. PASS. I made $10,192 in earnings before taxes last month.
- Replace the garage door. FAIL. We didn’t even look into this. However, we talked about this the other day and really want to replace it this month.
- Get carpet for the living room. FAIL. Should I even explain? Ha!
- Make more time to enjoy life. PASS. Even though I have been complaining about having no time, life is actually really good. I’ve been hanging out with friends a lot and life has been good. That’s all that’s important, right?
- Run 20 miles per week and lose weight. COME ON MICHELLE!
- Make an extra $9,000 this month. I did really good in June, and I’m hoping that I can keep it up in July. July is usually a slow month for my the areas of my side hustles so I’m not sure if I can beat last month.
- Replace the garage door. We want to do this soon. We will probably do it ourselves because a lot of people said it shouldn’t be too hard. I’m sure the labor costs are high if we hired it out, so I would rather do this myself.
- Get carpet for the living room. This has been on my goals list FOREVER.
- Decide on my freelancing switch day. See above 🙂
- Read 2 books. This might seem like a very small goal for some of you, but I haven’t read a full book in forever it seems like.
How did you do in June? What is your top goal for July?