Welcome to the Back to School Blast!
Getting your family prepared to head back to school, can be difficult especially after a long, fun-filled summer. Here are a few of our favorite Back to School Tips to help you along the way.
1. Back-to-School Supplies Checklist – Backpack? Check. Pencils? Check. Safety scissors? Not Yet. Use the same checklist each time you head out to grab supplies, to keep track of what you have already purchased and the things you still need to. These are also handy if you have more than one child. Simply print 2, 3, 4 list and add their name to the top.
2. Bring lunch. Bringing lunch saves a lot of money! A savings of $5 a day can add up to a decent amount over the course of one school year.
3. Carpool. Carpooling with other parents can save money if the school bus is not an option. This is especially true if your child is in after-school activities where school buses are not the norm.
4. Shop back to school sales! Many stores offer great deals.
5. Look for tax free holidays. Many states offer tax free clothing and school shopping on certain days. Check with your state to see when yours is next.
The Back to School Blast was organized by Mom Powered Media.
Please take a moment to also visit our lovely co-hosts, whom without them great things such as these would not be possible: My Vegan Gluten-Free Life, Plum Crazy About Coupons, Capri's Coupons, Downshifting – Your Family, Your Home, Your Life, Jack of all trades, Master of Mom™, Quick Tattletails, Mew Review and Iowa Mom.
One lucky winner will receive a $1,000 Visa Gift Card!
Giveaway ends August 15th at 11:59pm, open worldwide, ages 18+. If the winner resides outside of the US, they will receive Paypal cash. To enter please use the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck.
Disclosure: Making Sense of Cents is not responsible for sponsor prize shipment. Please contact email@example.com with questions or to see your business or blog featured on the next big event!
Join the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom.