People are always looking for new ways to make some extra cash here and there. For most people, their job is their only source of income, so they need to look for creative ways to get some extra cash to buy something they want, save up for a trip, or to get them out of a bind.
One way to make extra cash that is often overlooked is using your car to generate money. There are actually a number of realistic ways that you can make a good chunk of change. All it takes it a little thought, research, and planning.
Effective ways to make extra money from your car
Here are a number of effective (and legal) ways that you can earn some extra money using your vehicle:
- Sell ad space: Your car is an empty canvas. So, why not offer it up to local businesses and advertisers to place their ads. You can go about this in a number of ways. Talk to the companies that you support and use their products, go door to door, or place an ad online. A quick Google search should also help you with tips and strategies for the most effective ways to use money selling ad space on your car.
- Get in the Courier/Delivery Business: Companies are always looking for couriers and delivery people. Take the traditional route and become a pizza delivery person or think outside the box and look for courier opportunities that are in demand. You could do this as a part time job at night and during the weekend and make some extra cash easily. On a side note, you should talk to your car insurance provider if you are going to use your car for deliveries to ensure you are covered.
- Rent your parking spot: If you live downtown and have an extra parking spot, why not consider renting it out. Depending on where you live, you could easily make a few hundred dollars per month without having to do anything once you find someone to rent the spot. Definitely a win-win situation.
- Offer driving services: Offer to drive people around for a few bucks. There are many opportunities in this area. For a fee offer to drive people kids to and from school (if you are likely driving your kids already) or you could offer driving services for the elderly. One area that continues to grow is designated driving services. Post an ad online, put up flyers around your neighborhood and community center, and call people you know that might be interested.
- Find someone to split the costs: One way to find some extra money is to find someone that is willing to split the costs of the car with you in exchange for its use. If you can find someone that wants to go 50/50, then you automatically save 50% of your costs to have the car. Then you can use that money for whatever you need it for.
Making money from your car is not as difficult as you think. These are only 5 of the many ways that you can use your car to earn some extra money. There are many other options to consider as well, all you have to do is be creative. Do you use your car to make extra money? If you do, how do you earn extra cash using your car?
Insurance Hunter is an online auto insurance broker, providing auto insurance quotes to Ontario and Alberta residents.
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: