Hey everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend. Not much planned for me. I plan on catching up around my house and running lots of errands. I also am going to Oktoberfest! WOOHOO!
Today I decided to add some blog tips and info to my usual weekly roundup post. I noticed that a lot of bloggers this week (mainly beauty and lifestyle bloggers) have been asking a lot of questions about Page Rank.
Now, I realize that I don't have the highest page rank, but these are things that I am now just starting to do since I want to make my blog a little more professional (instead of just winging everything).
There are a couple of websites to use to check your Page Rank. Check it! What is your page rank? Have you ever thought about page rank? Is my post the first time you've ever heard of it?
Page Rank is how Google can measure your website. There is a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best. It gets increasingly harder for each increase in number.
An increase from 1 to 2 is not the same as an increase from 4 to 5.
This means that moving to a PR6 from a PR5 is MUCH harder than moving from a PR0 to a PR1.
It is calculated in many different ways, but mainly by looking at the number of links on your site, which include: backlinks, inbound links, outbound links, nofollow and dofollow links.
Google updates your page rank every couple of months. There is no set schedule known though.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
1. Make sure the quality of your writing is high. Writing in a niche and/or having great blog posts that people want to share is a great start!
2. Guest post on other blogs. This takes more time than other strategies, but I do believe that it is a good strategy to use. You can get good backlinks, and hopefully gain some readers.
3. Make sure your comments are NoFollow. Most commenting systems are NoFollow, but I would double check just in case. If your commenting system is a DoFollow, then you will probably get spammed a lot. By making your comments NoFollow, you can avoid being put on a spam list and also preserve your Page Rank.
4. Submit your site to blog carnivals and other directories. I'm sure you've noticed some of these posts on my blog (such as here) and some of you might have no idea about why I post these. Submitting your blog to directories and carnivals is a good way to get . I just started doing these more often.
However, some say that submitting your posts and links to these directories do not work as well. What's your opinion or knowledge on this? I'd like to know!
5. QUALITY QUALITY QUALITY. A higher quality link from a high quality site is better than having a lot of lower quality links to your site.
Have you been trying to increase your Page Rank? Any tips?
Posts that I loved:
- Budget Friday Submission 4 @ I Heart Budgets
- Being a Boss, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly @ Eyes on the Dollar
- You are your most important financial asset @ Money After Grad
- DIY Juice Cleanse: How I lost 4 pounds in 4 days @ Newlyweds on a Budget
- Why I Stopped Pushing My Son to Go to College @ So Over This
What are your weekend plans?
Join the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom.