Hey everyone! I hope you’ve been liking all of these personal “get to know me” posts, because here comes another one. I’m not all about personal finance as you can see 🙂
I noticed quite a few other bloggers have a summer bucket list (check Determined To Be’s here) and I thought this was a great idea! I also saw this blog and I love what they did with their pictures as they completed each one.
I’ve never had just a summer bucket list, but I’d like to see what I can accomplish and make it a fun summer. And yes I do realize that it’s already the end of June, but technically Summer has just started!
1. Go on at least 1 weekend trip with the boy. Last year we went on a ton of trips. Miami, San Juan, DC, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Key West, etc. I think weekend trips are definitely needed. Yes, it’ll hurt the wallet, but that’s what my vacation fund is for.
2. Go to at least 1 concert. I don’t go to a ton of concerts. Maybe 1 or 2 a year (if that even). We were going to see Red Hot Chili Peppers but that failed on us.
3. Have a picnic. We never have picnics. I will blame it on pure laziness. Bringing some food, a blanket and maybe even the dogs sounds like a wonderful and relaxing way to spend a day.
4. Have a BLAST in Vegas. Told you I was obsessed. Maybe you guys will be lucky enough and I will post pictures from my trip. Or just maybe more headless pictures? Hmmm…
5. Run/work out with just a sports bra and shorts. I’m copying one of hers, because this is truly something that I need to do. It’ll force me to become more toned. I would like to be comfortable to do this soon! And it’s so hot here that it definitely is possible.
6. Go to a Cardinals game with the boy. We’ve been together for over 6 years and haven’t managed this yet! CARDS! We always seem to go separately with our friends.
7. Camp with the boy. I’ve NEVER been camping! We always talk about doing this but it just never happens. We do have a float trip that should happen in July! I’m excited. The boy is making me go, but I’m sure I’ll have lots of fun.
8. Visit my grandma. I don’t see my grandma very often. She lives in Chicago (about 5 hours away). I’ve been so busy with work and classes these past 5 or 6 years and that it has made it hard to see her more. Hopefully we can plan a weekend trip soon!
9. Visit my grandpa. This is my dad’s dad. I haven’t seen my grandfather in years. I don’t think I’ve seen him since I was about 5 or 6. Yes I know very sad. I also haven’t talked to him since my dad passed as well. It was very hard on him. I would like to either talk to him on the phone or visit him soon.
10. Have a BBQ. When we first moved into our house 3 years ago, we had the occasional party and BBQ, but it has been awhile. I’m ready for people to start coming over for fun again!
11. Go to the lake. As you remember (of course you remember, right?), I am TERRIFIED of water that I cannot see through. A lot of you also told me that you have this fear, so no one can make fun of me (even though my friends make fun of me all the time for this). However, I do want to go!
12. Find a place to cliff jump. The boy’s aunt and uncle have a huge lake with a big cliff that the family always goes to to jump off. I’ve never been though, I would love to go! Or there are also a couple of other places we could go to.
13. Paddleboat. I like the thought of paddleboating, but I always end up regretting it when I’m there. I tend to always wear a dress by accident (and that makes this impossible unless you want to show everyone everything you have). It’s pretty cheap where I live. At Forest Park you can do this for around $15 to $20 an hour and it’s super pretty.
14. Swim as much as I can. I wish I had a pool, this would make it easier. Thankfully my friends have either pools in their backyards or in their subdivisions. Maybe I should start saving for a pool? Ha that won’t happen for awhile…
16. Graduate! I received my graduation papers in the mail the other day. I’m super excited! I don’t think I could talk about this anymore on my blog, could I?
17. Skydive. I’ve been putting this off for awhile. Finally the boy’s friend and I have a day planned for the end of June. So, as long as I don’t come back extremely poor from Vegas, then this is a GO!
18. Go on a road trip. And just drive! Yes I don’t have too many vacation days left, but it’s still possible 🙂
19. Go to a carnival. I haven’t been to one in FOREVER. I wish they would post more signs so that I would know when they come.
20. Have fun! This one is the most important of course.