I thought I’d make a post on random things about me so that you all can get to know me better. Enjoy!
- I LOOOOVE dancing. I could dance my life away.
- I’m extremely sarcastic. Not sure if that’s good or bad…
- I love to travel. I could travel for the rest of my life. I like getting to know new cultures, trying new food and seeing new things.
- I hardly ever read books. This is bad. I always tell myself that I don’t have time, but I could honestly turn off the TV every once in a while, and then I would have a ton of time to read books.
- I’m terrified to ever bungee jump, but I’m fine with going skydiving. I’m also starting piloting lessons this year. My dad was a pilot and I really want to do this.
- I’m full of useless facts. I like to read a ton of articles and this fills my brain up with useless knowledge. I would dominate in a trivia game.
- I’m a crazy dog person. The other day I told my friend that when she gets a puppy (she’s in the process of moving), then my two dogs are the godparents. WHO THINKS ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THAT? Only this girl. I also spend more money on treats for my dogs than myself. I also let my big dog sleep under my blanket and use my pillow as her pillow. I’m disgusting.
- I love reality shows. I won’t say what shows though, as of course I still want you guys to have a little bit of respect for me.
- I love going to the beach, but I’m actually terrified of going into too deep of water. Yes, the movie Jaws has scarred me for life :). also…
- I literally cannot swim in a lake. It’s a huge fear. Not being able to see scares me!
- Even though you guys saw my closet the other day, I honestly hate a lot of my clothes, I just need to get rid of all of it.
- I tend to talk in my sleep. You can have a whole conversation with me but I of course won’t remember anything. I also do math problems, pretend I’m in a scary movie and elbow people. Yes I’m wonderful.
- I hate cleaning. I can honestly count the number of times that I’ve made our bed on one hand. It’s literally probably been twice that I’ve done this. Thankfully, he makes the bed everyday.
- When I go to bars, I always stop at Walgreens and stock up on candy. I don’t know why, I just love eating candy while I dance. People who don’t know me probably think it’s hilarious that I eat a snickers while at the bar, but my friends always know where to go when they want chips or anything.
I also look extremely young. I still get carded at the movies, carded to be at the mall (you have to be 16 at the malls around here), and when I get alcohol, I tend to get seriously laughed at. This is super depressing. I could make this section another whole post. Anyone else out there hate this as much as I do? And yes I realize that when I’m old as heck, then I will look like I’m 20. I think I’d rather look my age!
Are we alike? Anything you didn’t expect?
I’m pretty predictable, so I doubt there’s anything surprising 🙂 Hopefully you guys don’t think I’m super lame now.
P.S. a lucky few of you got to finally see my picture yesterday, tsk tsk you should all be following me on Twitter! (just joking of course)
Haha, glad I'm not the only sleep-talker out there!
Hahaha, most of those made me laugh. I have two dogs that sleep in the bed with me, though so I'm with you on that one.
CeCe @Frugalista Mar says
I hated looking younger when I was 18 or so but by the time I got to 20 I realized what a lucky thing it was to look young and getting carded stopped bothering me. You have to be 16 at the malls? weird!!
Michelle P says
Yeah you have to be 16 to get into most of the malls around here on weekend nights. Sometimes I forget my ID and I'm FORCED out of the mall. It's so embarrassing.And I wish I felt like you! I'm almost 23, almost have my MBA, and I get carded to do nearly everything. I got laughed at from cops the other day because they did not believe that I was over 16… AHHH
haha we are so alike! i talk in my sleep too. i am a crazy dog person. and sarcasm is my fluent second language 😉 xx jes <a href="http://www.twosmuppies.com” target=”_blank”>www.twosmuppies.com
Another sleep talker here! I'm okay with swimming in a lake.. it's the oceans that scare the heck outta me! I'm afraid of getting caught in the current and being swept out to sea!
Brittany Dawn says
I love dogs.SO MUCH! And I get carded ALL THE TIME. And I'm almost 22. It's pretty annoying! But hey, when we're 60 I bet we'll appreciate that we look young!
I am sarcastic, love reality shows, love the beach too, but knee deep is too deep, probably know about as many useless facts, and love my dogs. Yep, so lots in common 🙂
Hey, these aren't so bad 🙂 I can totally relate to #6… I am a BEAST at trivia games!
I'm the same way about the beach! I don't wanna go too deep, and then when I am swimming in lakes I freak out because I think a fish that I'm unable to see is going to kill me.My friend has the same youngish problem. She looks about 14, so it's really bad when she goes to places like the grocery store with her kids. Evil glares for the "teen mom" with a five year old. In real life she's about 27.
Michelle P says
OH MY GOD I'm so happy that someone understands my fish phobia. I don't know how or why I turned crazy about that.We went kayaking in Miami and I was terrified of the water, but it made sense because there are sharks and alligators in the water where we kayaked. But I was so proud of myself for doing that.
Omg. The young thing is the most annoying thing ever. I work at a high school and frequently get mistaken for a student. IM ALMOST TWENTY-SIX. Though I've shifted the blame completely on others. 😉 I think teenagers wear too much makeup and dress too mature for their age.
lil desiqua says
Umm yeah I feel you on the "looking young" thing- I'm 28 and work at a college, and always get mistaken for a freshman/sophomore! So annoying! Also agree with #5- I'm afraid that the bungee cord will break, or pull me back so hard that I hurt my back or something, but I went sky diving last summer and loved it!Thanks for sharing these facts!
i enjoyed reading this post and getting to know some facts about you! 🙂 i totally know what you mean about the "looking younger than your real age thing" — when i was 18 years old, people thought i was 14… and right now, no one believes that i am 21 years old! :/ but i've learned to look at it more as a compliment. ;)<3, Mim ihttp://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
im totally the same! i'm 24 and people think i'm still in college or under 21. always getting carded. i love reality shows too and i ALWAYS buy candy! hahah i like to have it with me at all times. it's pretty bad. funny how we have so much in common
Magical Day Dream says
Ever since I got braces people think I am a lot younger as well (I am 23) so I feel where you're coming from ;)xMarielle
Emily Hope says
I felt like I was reading a list that I wrote myself. I love dancing. I like to think I am sarcastic. And I can't swim – however I am fearful of the ocean. Great list of facts.
Missy Ann Rinfret says
LOVE this picture. dancing is the best- u just kind of forget all ur problems and have a great time. xxx
Alike: Can not, will not swim in the lake either! Scares me! Fun to learn some tidbits bout you. 🙂
ohh my god you said your dogs are going to be the godparents? LOl that is too funny!I love reality shows as well, have you ever seen Run's House?? Im not sure if its even on anymore. but I loved it..I look pretty young too. I'm 25 and people usually think I'm around 20 or so.
Michelle P says
Thanks everyone! And it's funny that so many of us look young, those young girls needs to start looking their age!
Maldivian Finance Bl says
So I am one of the few who got to see your pic. It is so good to see you after a very long time of following your wonderful blog.It also is great to know you a little better.cheersMFB
One Family says
We are sure alike on #13 and I've always looked younger than I am too. Hated it when I was in my 20's. Loved it when I was in my 30's and though I'm 48 now, I still have people surprised I am that old and have a 20 year old child. They'll say "you have a 20 year old?" and I'll reply – I didn't even have him until I was 27! My daughter, on the other hand is 16 and everyone thinks she is at least 18 or in college.
Boba Money says
I have the same ordeal with the age thing! It's like an inconvenient compliment, because I get carded all the time. When I brought my brother to buy scratchers/lotto for his 18th birthday, the cashier carded me instead of him! I was about 23 at the time.
Cori H. says
Girl, I can definitely relate! I get carded for everything, and I'll be 26 in 2 months! I'd much rather look young than old though.
16 to go to the mall…?! I'm obesessed with dogs ever since we got one, too…I would totally do the same God parent thing, lol!
This was a very fun list! I also use to hate to look young. Then I got into my 30’s. Now it is great to hear people think of me as “in my 20’s”.
This is a great list Michelle! I just found your blog and am excited to keep following! I just started my pilot training last fall! I just soloed about 2 weeks ago…you should definitely do it! Stop by my blog if you have any questions! I'd love to chat one woman in aviation to another 🙂
Young Professional F says
I love reality shows also! I hate telling people because people get all judgy mcjudgyson on me when I do – unless they like the same shows, in which case we totally bond over them. It's embarrassing but it's my guilty pleasure!
Haha we are way more alike than I thought!! I'm definitely a crazy dog mama….you should know this 😉 I refuse to swim in lakes or anything other than a pool because you never know what may be lurking underneath…..blehh! I haven't read a book for fun in years….which is why you need to read the Hunger Games! That is the first series I've picked up in a long time!! Aaaaaand I'm addicted to reality tv too….what girl isn't these days? 😉
You have some pretty awesome quirks(is that possible?).Those things make you, you and that is amazing.
Love dancing too (sometimes with no music :))
I LOVE USELESS TRIVIA! I've always wanted to do a trivia night but no luck so far.