There are so many things that I want to do after I graduate with my MBA. Daisy recently posted the things that she wants to do when she’s done, and I figured that I wanted to do a little daydreaming myself. Graduation isn’t too far away, August 4th! At least I think it’s that day. Maybe the day after…
After I graduate, I will have so much more time. After I was done with my undergraduate degrees, I took one semester off before I went to graduate school. It was so nice to just be able to work and not have to worry about school at the same time.
Just as an FYI if any of you don’t know, I have always worked full-time. Throughout college I worked as a retail manager – full-time, and after I graduated I started working as an financial analyst, and that’s what I still do today. A break will be nice. No homework, no classes after work, and so on.
Also, a small question. I most likely won’t be walking at the graduation ceremony. I walked for my undergrad, but I just don’t feel the need. Will I regret this decision? Just wondering how others felt.
Things I want to try and do:
- Sleep. I need to sleep more. I go to sleep around 1 or 2 am every night and wake up at 6 am. AH! Update: Yes, I hardly get any sleep but on the weekends I am known to sleep for 16-20 hours straight. This is a really bad habit.
- Take my first ever yoga class. This will surprise you most likely. I’ve never done yoga, zumba, or anything. I am extremely lazy and afraid of looking dumb. Our hotel for our Kauai trip has daily morning yoga, but I’m afraid I will look like a complete idiot. Maybe I’ll try that next week. Doing yoga on the beach just sounds lovely.
- Decorate. Our house is still kind of bare. We have furniture in every room, but we would like to add color to our walls and have everything match better. I still need to work on my closet also.
- Learn a language. I wish I could speak another language. I took French for 3 years in high school, but all I can ask for is where the bathroom is. That will be extremely helpful right?
- Read books. I can sadly say that I don’t read books. Ever. I can’t even tell you the last book I read. I just bought Hunger Games and my friend is letting me borrow the second, so I plan on reading both while on vacation. That’s a start right? Lets see if I actually do this…
- Run with my dogs everyday. I feel like a horrible dog momma.
- Travel more. I would like to go hiking and go to more natural places such as state parks and similar places. Big Sur, Yosemite, Yellowstone, etc.
- Be more active. I am not active at all. I wish I was! I want to start kickboxing classes and other fun active things.
- Get some kind of talent. I literally have no talent. I can’t think of anything. Some things on my list: surfing, snowboarding, good with guns, something, anything.
- Get my social life back. I hang out with my friends at least once every week, but I can’t wait until I can see them more. It’ll also be nice to see the boy more also. Even though we live together, our schedules are so different.
- Run a marathon. I ran track & field in high school, but I was a sprinter. Long distances scare the heck out of me. This will definitely means a lot to me if I could do this.
- Visit all of my family. This is the most important. My aunt (on my dad’s side) is still very sad about my dad passing. I haven’t seen her since his funeral. I need to visit her. I also haven’t seen my grandpa since I was around 5 years old (he was too sick on my dad’s funeral because of a stroke and other medical problems). I haven’t talked to him in awhile either. I would love to reconnect with everyone on my dad’s side. It’ll be hard, but well worth it.
Even though I say all of this, this will most likely be a long process. When I had that month off before I started graduate school, I honestly don’t think I did anything productive outside of work. I would come home and sleep.