Today is Friday! I’m finally feeling better. Having the stomach flu is the worst and I hated it so much. It was miserable having to work for 9 hours and then going to class for another 4.5 hours this week. 2 weeks down, 13 to go? I think that’s right. Like I’ve said, I have to miss the last 1-2 weeks of classes for work, so I’m not sure how much I have left really.
Anyways, me and the BF have been really lazy lately. We have been staying home a lot (and sleeping a lot). There is really no excuse for this except that I hate the cold and really don’t want to step a single foot outside. Once the weather gets better, there are tons of things that we like to do.
We really need to stop being lazy though! Of course we like to save money when we do things also. What are some frugal date ideas that you have? Below is a list of things that we like to do or would like to do.
Some date ideas:
- Try new restaurants. We love using Restaurant.com certificates because we can try new restaurants without spending a ton of money. If you sign up for their e-mail list, you usually get e-mails a couple times a month for 80% or 90% off their certificates. So this means that I often buy these certificates for around $2. Since you usually only have to spend $10 to use the $25 certificate, that means that we get around $35 worth of food for only $12 (plus tip). But that’s a good deal! There are a lot of restaurants that we go to a lot that are on there also.
- Have a picnic. We love going to the park and having a picnic, we haven’t done this in awhile. Last time we did this, we rode our mopeds (yes we have mopeds, and yes they are fun) and a photographer actually took our pictures for the newspaper (or at least that’s what he said)! This is relatively cheap and a lot of fun. Usually there are interesting people and we can people watch also.
- Go skiing. Haven’t done this yet, but if it gets cold this weekend, then we plan on doing this finally! It’s expensive though, I looked up prices and it’ll be around $100 each for equipment rental and everything.
- Order/make lots of food, watch scary movies, and stay in.
- Go to the zoo. For some reason, the zoo always seems like a fun idea, UNTIL I get there and I want to leave. Parking is always horrible and it’s always hot. But, I do love going! The zoo where we live is free, so this is always fun! Parking is free also (they have paid parking but I don’t mind walking 1-2 minutes and park).
- Take a weekend vacation. We’ve done this a couple of times. What we’ll do is take that Friday off and make it a 3 day weekend. Last year we went to Miami for the weekend. It was fun, but it was hard to pack in the flights, travel and everything into 3 short days.
- Go to the movies. We don’t go to the movies a lot (because it’s like $13 a person and because I always fall asleep at the theater), but we do have $50 on a movie gift card, so we plan on using it soon. Nothing too good has been out lately though, but I’m definitely seeing The Vow with Channing when it comes out next month! Who else is excited for that?
- Hike. We have a lot of hiking trails around us, and we finally went hiking a couple of months ago on the trail near our house. It was fun and interesting for us. FREE
- Drive around. I know this isn’t eco-or-pocket-friendly, but the BF likes to drive around, and I like just sitting in the passenger seat. It’s relaxing. And we just talk about nothing and everything.
- Look at the stars. The BF’s grandma has a lot of land, so sometimes we will drive all the way out there and lay out a blanket and just relax. It’s nice and very pretty.
- Shooting range. We go shooting at least twice a month. It’s fun, but very expensive.
- Hot air balloon. Haven’t done this yet, but would like to. I’m a little afraid right now though since there was an accident last month where everyone died. I’m not sure how much this cost? Maybe $150 a person? More? I don’t know…
- Sky Diving. Haven’t done this yet, but would like to. He doesn’t see the need to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, yet he will do tons of scary things that I don’t get. I plan on going with his friend this spring, so this isn’t much of a date idea, but maybe the BF will join. This will be around $200 just for me when I do this in the Spring. I also want to get pictures from it, and that’s around an extra $75.
- Paddle boat. Downtown there is a little man-made canal thing (yes I know I sound so smart) and you can paddle boat, get a canoe or a kayak. It’s a lot of fun, really pretty and pretty cheap. Only around $15 an hour (but they don’t really make sure that you’ve only been gone for an hour).
What do you guys like to do? Any new ideas?
P.S. Don’t forget to Follow me on twitter!
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: