I plan on keeping track of my yearly goals whenever I post my monthly goals, so that everyone knows how I'm doing.
I think I have too many goals. Is this too many? I really don't even know. I've been looking at everyone's' goals, and they seem so great! I hope everyone has a great year (and many years). Here are my goals:
- Have lots of fun. I have a lot going on this year. I'm finally going to get my certification for my job that I've been working on for almost 2 years. I'll get it sometime in the summer (hopefully). This last stretch will be the hardest. So between this and graduating with my MBA this year, I'm going to be very busy. I have to make time for everything.
- But with all of my vacations planned, I doubt I'll have any trouble with this.
- Get toned. I've talked about this before, I want a reeeeeaaaaally nice stomach for all of my vacations this year. I'm going on 3 beach vacations and a girl's Vegas vacation, so I definitely want to get more toned.
- My plan is to go to the gym (once a week) and just do strength training and ab stuff.
- Have a great year at work. I want to work my hardest at my job and be the best. A good year at work is a good year for me.
- My next review is in May/June, and I want it to be great.
- Get my MBA. I'm hoping to finish my MBA by the end of this summer, but if my class isn't offered, then my graduation date will be pushed to December of 2012. I really just want to be done by the summer though! I also want to get no less than an A- for the rest of my classes.
- Pay off my car by March 2012. As I posted yesterday, I only owe $2,200 on my car. I'm pretty positive that I can pay this off soon.
- I can't wait until this is paid off. This will save me $400 a month once I have all of this paid off. That will be great!
- Decrease my student loans to $20,000. I owe $27K right now, but I will probably take out about $5K for my 6 remaining classes (I'm going to pay the majority and then loans paying just a little bit). So that means that I will have to pay off around $12K in student loans this year.
- I'm guessing that my student loans will be gone by the end of 2013, or the beginning of 2014. I do not want to be one of those people that pay their loans for 20 years.
- Save around $4,500 for vacations. I'm taking at least 4 vacations this year. We've decided on Hawaii, San Juan, and then I'm going to Vegas with my friends in the summer. Me and the BF haven't decided what our third vacation together will be though. I get almost free airfare, so I'm guessing that each vacation will be around $1,000 (I will make a future post on this soon).
- I'm super excited about all of these. It will be a great year. I will definitely be making lots of travel posts soon.
- Make $10,000 in side income. This will be from mystery shopping, surveys, and hopefully something else! I don't know what though. Maybe blog income? and that leads me to my next step…
- Grow my blog. I love having a blog. I started this blog in August of 2011, and I'm completely devoted to it now. I love all of the blog friends that I've made and I love writing.
- My alexa score isn't showing up right now since I just switched domains, but for senseofcents.blogspot.com, it was a little under 400,000 last time I checked. I would like to get this below ummmm maybe 150,000 by the end of the year? I'm not exactly sure what I should shoot for.
- I'm not sure how many subscribers that I will have either, hopefully a lot! I love typing for all of you.
- Volunteer twice a month. My training for the Humane Society starts on Saturday (I think) and I already have 4 training days set up. And I'm pretty sure that I have to volunteer at least 10 hours a month, so these 2 days a month should be easy.
- Increase my net worth to $85,000. I posted about my net worth yesterday, and I realized that I forgot to include our truck, so my net worth is actually $60,000. I'm not sure if $25,000 is too much or too little or what. I've never really kept track. That would mean that on average, I would have to pay off around $2,100 a month in debt or save an amount similar to that.
- Keep track of my goals. This is probably my biggest goal. I tend to think of goals, and then never look or even think about them again. What's the point of goals if you don't think about them?
What are your goals for 2012? Are any of mine similar to yours?
Join the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom.