- Make 2012 goals. Hopefully I will get this done soon. I’m not sure what I want to accomplish, but I do have general ideas in my head right now.
- Reassess our budget and cut out $50. Our budget is pretty tight right now with our debt payoff, spending, and saving. We’ve gotten rid of most extras, but we can probably lower our entertainment budget more. We got lots of gift cards for Christmas (movies, spa, food, ice cream), so this should be easy to lower for at least the month of January.
- Start and finish homework before it’s due. Classes start in about 2 weeks, so I think I can start the new semester right.At least I’m hoping. I need to buy my textbooks soon. That should be a downer. I’m taking 4 classes this semester again, and they are all going to be pretty hard since they are all the highest level finance classes for my MBA program.
- Workout at least 1 time a week and eventually have some abs. I need to be healthy, this will tie into my 2012 year goals also. My goal in December was to work out at least 2 times a week, but that didn’t happen at all, so I’m not lowering this goal so that it can be more realistic. I want to get more toned, especially for all of the vacations that I’m going on this year. It’s always depressing when I work out though because I gain weight from muscle (yeah yeah I know, I shouldn’t be looking at the numbers), but it’s still sad to see the number go up!
- Volunteer at least two days this month. My training for volunteering starts on January 7th, I’m super excited but I’m also worried about being too busy! I have training about 3 or 4 times this weekend, so this one will absolutely be a pass.
- Sell my stuff on Ebay. Since I forgot to do this last month, I need to do it soon.
- Take down my Christmas tree. I hate doing this. Our last Christmas dinner was last night, so it’s of course still up. When does everyone take theirs down? I usually wait until the last second when people start saying that it’s weird that it’s still up.
- Make an extra $500 this month. I still have a couple more text books to sell, and this will easily make me around $300. The extra $200 could come from surveys and secret shopping easily also.
- Save around $350 per month for my vacations this year. Going on vacations in March, May, August, and September most likely. We need around $1,000 for each vacation. I’m pretty sure I talked about this before, but I get nearly free airline tickets through my dad’s retirement survivor’s benefits, so it makes our vacations very cheap.
What are your January goals?
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: