Here's my list of things that I could possibly cut (but most likely won't) or things I could've done:
- Car. I've talked about this before (so I won't go into too much detail since you can read more about it right here), but if I didn't have my car, then I would have $400 extra every month.
- Internet. I have a home phone for internet, so altogether I'm spending about $52 a month on this. I honestly don't know if I could go without internet, but if I had to then I definitely would.
- Cell phone (haha that will never happen, I do wish I wasn't so dependent though!). I would save around $110 if I cancelled me and the BF's cell phones.
- Cable. Our cable bill is around $80 a month, since we added HBO back on.
- Unlimited dog treats. We definitely splurge on our dogs, we act like they're our kids. I buy them all kinds of things and I'm constantly stopping at the pet store to see if there are any treats or bones that they might like. Yes, I'm crazy. We probably spend around $30 a month just on treats for our dogs.
- Smaller house. Our house isn't huge, but it's definitely too big for us. Altogether, it's around 2,500 square feet if you include our finished basement. There's just the two of us and our 2 dogs, but we have 4 bedrooms. 2 of the bedrooms are completely empty. We are turning one of the extra bedrooms into a pretty closet for me though! If we had a smaller place, it would most likely be cheaper, and therefore cheaper utilities. We could possibly save around $300 or $400 a month on our mortgage/utilities by having something cheaper.
- Less clothes. Lately, I've been spending too much on clothes, it's getting excessive. If I cut this out completely, then I could save a couple hundred.
What could you cut out?
Join the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom.