Things I Did That Were NOT Frugal
- Went to the mall nearly every day this week. I’ve bought way too much. I bought 4 dresses, 3 sweaters, a jacket, a coat and a couple shirts. I’ve promised myself that I will not go back to the mall for the rest of the year.
- Ate out a lot this week. Had Chevys, Lion’s Choice, Breadco and McDonalds
- Since I was making meals, the BF went out to eat also because he doesn’t like to cook (I think I will start making premade stuff for him as most of you have been repeatedly telling me, I need to start listening!)
- Brought my lunch to work everyday
- Kept the heat off or low on most days. It hardly comes on. Thankfully it’s not too too cold here yet.
- I’ve been combining trips so that I can save on gas (and because I hate driving).
- Also, I just did this, I analyzed our cell phone usage and was able to go to the 550 minute a month package. All of our friends have ATT, so that’s all unlimited, so we never use our anytime minutes. I checked and we had 5,342 rollover minutes, so obviously we could downgrade. Savings of $15 a month.
What have you done this week that was frugal or not?
Thanks everyone for the tips and information on yesterday’s post! I think we’re going to have someone come in and look at everything. The toilet seems to be working find now, but we’re worried about the floor, and as some of you said, if it might happen again. Which I do not want!
Live Simply- Live We says
Well I know the shopping was not frugal, but at least you got some cool new clothes!
Something that I did that wasnt frugal was not going to multiple stores to compare prices on toys to give out as gifts. I found a few cheaper/on sale alternatives, but did not want to go back and return the first few because the stores were 1hr away. Something that I did that was frugal (but I'm not proud of) is making bulk breakfast burritos and having them for lunch and going way below my limit on calories for dinner. Frugal, yes. But it may be more on the cheapstake side of things if I'm not eating properly.
Shannon Marie says
I too have been keeping the heat off in my apartment. I just don't see the sense in wasting extra money when I can put more layers on. Something I've been doing is making my own coffee everyday. I bought the Peppermint Mocha creamer so that I could get into the holiday spirit without spending extra on Starbucks!
Yay for new clothes:P Something I did that wasn't frugal was buy a $14 sweater dress at Ross. BUT IT WAS CUTE! also i bought dinner at my favorite italian restaurant last night.Frugal: haven't gone to starbucks all week which is crazy for me. also haven't bought lunch.
Michelle P says
Haha thanks. I'm loving my new clothes! I have a Christmas dress and a NYE dress. And Tanner, you need to eat properly! I've done that before though and it saved me a ton of money, but I didn't feel the greatest.I agree Shannon, I prefer just to wear more clothes. I don't like $300 heat bills!Italian food sounds great! I hardly go to starbucks anymore because it's so expensive!
Yikes! I hope everything worksout okay with the br! We actually made it a whole week without eating out. Yay! Something I did that wasn't so frugal: drove to class. It's like an hour away with traffic. I could carpool.
Newlyweds on a Budge says
we have not been frugal this week! our bank account is hurting! it's that darn eating out thing : )
Out My window says
Something I did that was frugal was o stay so damn busy I couldn't go into a store. But that will catch up with me in the end as I pay full price for Christmas! Catch 22 Ooh new clothes I am jealous!
We haven't been too frugal lately either! I'll blame Christmas time 🙂 Crazy question, do you like AT&T!? My hubby is wanting to switch, but I have heard bad things about their service, ha!
Michelle P says
Pamela, read my past post from about a month ago about ATT />Then you judge 🙂
Alex M says
We are going out for dinner tonight because we have to drop some contracts off tonight and that will eat up time after work.If there is one thing I would "un-do" in my pursuit not only of frugality, but because it's come back to haunt me… it would be to buy less clothing. So these days I am not tempted at all — in fact, I am donating bags and bags of it and now have tons to pack up!
Michelle P says
I wish I could buy less clothing, that's my main problem.
Whoa. I haven't bought that much clothing this entire year! Not that I haven't wanted to… sigh.I've been really frugal this past week or so, but splurged on dinner out with a girlfriend last night. It was only $18 incl. tax. but still… that's more than I've spent in a while!